Vanu population problem is due to bad PR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MadGelo, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Ture

Yes there actually are...

Ursa does 125 damage @ 125m while TMG-50 does 143 . Also TMG-50 has higher fire rate. Again, the no bullet drop "advantage" of Ursa does not help at all.
  2. Cinnamon

That is not a huge difference and the way some people play up this sort of negligible difference in the range/damage curve is part of the reason why VS has a bad pr problem. The difference between both and the Gauss SAW is larger but even that is not huge.
  3. Ture

14% better damage for TMG at that range
    5% better fire rate for TMG
    practically same accuracy

Yes it is not huge difference, but we might ask: why? That is clear imbalance. Two people with equal skill fight, TMG-50 wins. Gauss SAW has noticeably more recoil, so there is higher chance for some rounds not hitting in short bursts ( at 125m).
  4. Cinnamon

OK, show me the overall curve for damage at all ranges. Show me the chart for all encounters that shows that there is a massive spike for quantity of engagements at 125 meters or whatever. Gauss Saw has very manageable recoil with advanced fore grip.
  5. Ture

There are alot of engagements 65m+ where non VS weapon minimum damage becomes constant.

I have to try out Gauss Saw more, and if that thing is better than TMG-50 i'm gonna QQ so hard :D.
  6. Zan_Aus

To be honest I am having trouble staying calm and remaining Vanu on Briggs because, well, the players are JUST SO DAMN BAD.

We're not talking about some regular cousin-kissin' inbred mouth-breathers here, we're talking about a collection of the most ******** people to ever populate a video game. They make every frollicking XBox live CoD munchkin look like Albert Einstein.

To list the unbelievable stupidity I see each day would take pages of rage. This game isn't hard, its not rocket science, shoot the planes, shoot the tanks, take and destroy the spawn points/Sunderers, stand on the cap.

You get the 1in20 guy who knows what to do, but that isn't enough when the rest are manning their engie AI turrets and shooting at Liberators 2km away.
  7. Brandon

1. It's not pink, at all. The word you're looking for is purple.

2. It's not spandex, at all. It's a body-fitting flexible chitinous exoskeleton grown specifically for each soldier. Perhaps you need to work through your body consciousness issues.

In all seriousness, in a science-fiction game, I'd prefer to look like I was wearing a purple spacesuit than baggy Gap khakis or cast-off high school football equipment (in exactly my high school colors, no less - see below).

[IMG]
  8. Cull58

Ursa is terrible... Not even in the same league
  9. Sebyos

VS has always been the lowest...
  10. Hosp

Didn't you make this thread once already yesterday?