Squad icons all get white in platoons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Evilhardt, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Evilhardt

[IMG]
    • Up x 8
  2. Jadith

Ugh, ikr. As if the ui for leading squads/platoons wasn't user unfriendly enough.
  3. vulkkan

I don't get why the changed the UI to make all platoon members white. It's hard to see and useless for distinguishing squads. Bring back the old platoon member icons, they were perfectly fine.
  4. Evilhardt

exactly...
  5. Charlie

I'm pretty sure this is a bug....
    • Up x 2
  6. Evilhardt

Me too. But does everybody have it? And when will it be fixed? It must be fixed asap. Imo this is the worst current issue, as it makes platoon operations impossible to coordinnte properly.
    • Up x 1
  7. Backf1re

I get this all the time, ever since the recent hotfix.
  8. Duvenel

Everyone has it, as far as I know it's a bug. Not sure on the timescale of a fix but I'd expect it to be soon(with the February roadmap features), if it isn't too hard to fix.
  9. Evilhardt

This needs a hotfix.
    • Up x 1
  10. quicKsanD

This has happened to me as well.
  11. Evilhardt

So if really everybody has that, the few amount of replies here shows how few teamplayers are out there, that actually care about this MESS that this bug causes over some stupid discussions about if Reavers are worse than Mosquitoes in aspect XY or Prowlers overpowered or some ****.
  12. FXRiot

I was hoping it wasn't just me. Passing on squad lead until this buggy gets squashed.
  13. Evilhardt

Well, as long as you have ONLY a squad and not a platoon, the bug does not occur. So I am forced to keep my squad a squad and kick every body as soon as the second squad goes online, when I lead... that SUCKS badly!
    • Up x 1
  14. Imnuktam

I noticed this yesterday on nameplates. Tons of people were sporting white nameplates and when we got out libby closer they would show empire colors.

I am colorblind and have enough trouble already, Quit flk1ng with me!
  15. Evilhardt

Bump, important!
  16. Squirreli

This makes running public platoons really difficult, as you have no way of identifying the people who join the platoon but don't keep up and stray to Crown instead. Now you have really hard time keeping the herd together and have to just admit that 1/3 of the platoon is not in the fight :(

We need better tools for leadership (like company structure and other improvements to higher level command), not bugs to mess up what little tools we had :(
    • Up x 1
  17. Evilhardt

But noooo... they rather make "super cool new weapons" so all the solo players have new toys to buy. F.ck that sh.t! I want tools for teamplay in my teambased game!

← Waiting for ArmA 3
  18. Rhinzual

This along with waypoints not appearing on the minimap is really hurting squads/platoons, especially PuG ones.
  19. Evilhardt

Could we at least get confirmation that this MESS get's fixed anytime soon? I cannot play the game while this bug is there, because my control over my squads/ platoons is being greatly diminished by this. Fix it already! Completely ruins the game for me and everyone else who actually cares about team coordination!
  20. Tanelorn

Um, why the F did you post this in general discussion? THere's a whole forum section for bugs.