What to do once you've joined a Squad

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BoatznHoz, Feb 25, 2013.

1. BoatznHoz

Hi,
    I've been playing for a week and started joining squads. I'm not always sure where to deploy and how to follow along so I know where to go next. Can someone give me some directions? Also, I'm an engineer so I know about repairing and dropping ammo. if someone could provide me some direction, that would be great.

Thanks!
  2. siiix

spawn on squad leader

if that's not available, mark the spot where they are on the map and get in to a plane and fly there

even if you cant fly , its quite easy to learn how to navigate the planes like a bus, i just use the plane to get to the squad fast and try to land, even if i crash and cant bail out (90% of all tries in my case) ;) ... i can re-spawn near my squad

air is the fastest way between 2 coordinates
  3. FXRiot

video tutorials on the launch pad, def worth watching.
  4. Vertabrae

Yeah the video tutorials will help alot. Go scout around on youtube, there are a few explaining the map, how to use it, what the symbols and such mean, how to figure out by looking at it which battles you might want to go to, and which to avoid.
  5. BoatznHoz

Thanks siiix. Dumb question. you said the below.

"mark the spot where they are on the map and get in to a plane and fly there"

How do I mark the spot on the map to find them?
  6. BoatznHoz

Never mine. I got it :) Thanks for your help!
  7. VoidMagic

The best thing to do once you've joined a squad is to turn off your speakers immedaitely,
    key your mic and whistle through your nose while you sing. Try simulating other body functions
    with your mouth... feel free to use prosthetics and digital equipment.

I get really good results with baked ham, ky jelly and marbles.

Once you get that sorted, it's best to constantly request the squad moves
    to another continent because you like it better.
    • Up x 1