Sundy one-shot C4 kill...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Timujingeo, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Timujingeo

Honestly, this is just wrong.
    Ok so I can see it from the C4'r point of view that they have to run in, drop the C4 then die for the cause, but being able to blow the C4 after they respawn, please.
    Either change it so that 1 charge of C4 does 50-75% damage or that on the death of the C4'ee they aren't able to then detonate their previous spawns C4 5 seconds later.
    While you're at it make the detonation range less than 50m.

cheers in advance.
    • Up x 2
  2. Compass

C4 currently only does 45% damage to a Sunderer per brick. What you're suggesting for C4 would be increasing its damage between 11% and 66%.
    • Up x 6
  3. Von_Lipwig

Why would be people use C4 if they have Tank Mines? :p

I do think that being able to detonate C4 post-death is a bit cheap. It should still be volatile and a rocket to the brick would still blow it up, but if a defender manages to kill a saboteur before he manages to detonate, should be rewarded with undetonated C4. Perhaps even enable people to remove C4 (and tank mines as well) without blowing it up. For instance, with the repair tool. Engineers seem very fit for explosive-removal duty.

Semi-related: I do think C4 needs a bit of a buff (just a tiny bit) to bring it in line with Tank Mines, which outclasses C4 in every single way as an offensive anti-vehicle explosive, even though Tank Mines ought to be used defensively and C4 offensively. Right now, Engineers have no reason at all to be packing C4.
    • Up x 1
  4. FateJH

It's not OHKO. Sunderers without blockade armor need 3 C4, though usually people just drop 2 C4 (limit of what non-Engineer classes can carry), detonate that, then provide the last bit of damage some other way. Sunderers without Mine Guard take 2 AT Mines to destroy it; first level Mine Guards negates that and increases the number of AT Mines required, whereas most people just drop two at a time.
    • Up x 1
  5. Jurav

C4 definately does not destroy a Sundi in one shot. Although I think Mineguard should at least reduce the damage from it a bit instead of Armor. It should be a choice of defense against ranged tank and air attacks or defense against Mines and C4. As it is now, mineguard only defends a Sundi from mines and nothing else.

I do agree that you should not be able to detonate the C4 after you have died and respawned, but I dont think the damage should be reduced. As it is now, if you spend 700 certs for 2-C4's you still cannot destroy a Sundi or Heavy Tank in one run.
  6. Fiatsu

C4 should detonate upon death, this will be a good alternative as if it went away suddenly the resource cost would be an issue.
  7. CrashB111

No.
    Mineguard protects you against mines which are the main source of death for an AMS sunderer, Blockade Armor protects you against everything else including C4 (still takes 3 to kill you, but 2 isn't enough to set you on fire anymore).
    Because Sunderers are spammed to hell and back with each one spawned being an AMS we have to have a means of killing them quickly on foot to stop the attacking zergs, alot of the time AT bombing/C4ing one Sunderer doesn't even change anything since one of the other 20 in the area will deploy immediantly after.
    • Up x 2
  8. Satanam

C4 is already not so useful against stationary/deployed vehicles compared to tank mines (unless the vehicle in this case is using mine guard, but they're always using anything but mine guard even being useful). Why would anyone like a nerf on C4 then? I need to use 2 bricks and then launch a rocket into a default Sunderer to destroy it.
    By the way, why in the hell should we lose our C4 after we die? If you say "it's nonsense", let's talk about respawn itself. You won't respawn if you die in a real fight, but your C4 will stay there. So yeah, keep the C4s sticked to it and make it deal the same damage.
  9. KILLA-AU

I Have 43 hours time driving my battle Sundy and I can assure you that Blockade armour when maxed, does not negate C4 damage AT ALL. It reduces damage from rockets, tank shells etc, etc. There is currently no certs in the game for a sunderer that can negate C4 damage at all.

It's 2 bricks and you are then in the red, on fire, no exceptions.
  10. Compass

Then some magical force is preventing my 2 packs C4 from doing more than 74% damage to a Sunderer with Blockade Armor. Considering I don't have the certs to buy Blockade Armor, I cannot test this on Burger Sundy.
  11. KILLA-AU

Just a side note on the C4, I think it would be perfectly balanced for someone to be able to "Disarm" C4, simply go up to it and hold "E" and it removes the C4 from its location.

If, someone gets the drop on me, manages to attach C4 to my vehicle, I kill them before it detonates. Surely that gives me the right to at least try and defuse it. Should be like a 5 second or maybe a little longer timer, just the same as when arming or defusing a generator and the C4 is removed from said vehicle.

Thoughts on that?
    • Up x 6
  12. Lakora

This... I threw two C4 on a Blockade Armor Sundy... It only took 25% damage, which was a huge shock. Whispered the Sundry driver after he killed me n turned out he had Maxed out Blockade armor...

This or leave it as it is... On the other hand I wouldn't mind a resource reduction either since currently Tank Mines are superior in Recourses, Damage and Splash Radius... Only thing C4 got for it is the detonate at will.
    • Up x 1
  13. KILLA-AU

I'm certain Blockade armour does not negate C4, going to test this in the next few minutes and repost here. I have it maxed out and have for quite some time. It is possible it has changed recently. Will report back here.
  14. Rhinzual

Who uses blockade when Mine Guard is far more important?
  15. FateJH

People who don't know Mine Guard is far more important.
    • Up x 1
  16. Rhinzual

I'll give you that.
  17. KILLA-AU

Well Rhinzual you are assuming here that i'm probably going to be deploying my sundy in a stationary position. I use Blockade armor maxed, 2 X Bulldogs, Extended magazine on both (9 to the clip), Thermal vision on both, Rival Combat Chassis, and the Proximity radar maxed out. This sundy is never stationary, its used as a killing machine.

It's a very effective platform to use and my gunners love riding in it. Yes it sucks when you come across 2 mines, because its a quick game over. But maxed out blockade makes the sunderer able to go toe to toe with any land vehicle in the game. Maxed blockade is highly underrated, but i would NOT recommend it on a Sundy that's intentions are to spawn troops, it is then that Mineguard becomes essential.
  18. Stellus

It depends on what you classify as "one shot". Clicking the right mouse button twice, left mouse button once in a span of 1.5 seconds is a one-shot in my mind.

Furthermore, it is widely believed that Blockade Armor does NOT shield from C4 as C4 is non-directional damage. Not sure of the complete validity to that statement, but it has been debated before.
  19. Stellus

I think the problem at hand is mine guard does not defend against C4 which is deployed in the same exact manner as a mine, save for having to click your mouse once more to detontate. You can equip tier 4 mine guard all you want, but you're only defending your stationary Sunderer from 50% of what you're intending to defend yourself against.

The #1 solution would be that tank mines must be "tripped" in order to detonate. Their trigger must be depressed or their electromagnetic field with the earth must be disturbed - this is how they work in real life. Currently, they detonate under stationary vehicles.
  20. Compass

The same could be said for any Prowler using Mine Guard instead of say, front/side/top armor.