Vehicle pilot certification question.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Snapmaster, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Snapmaster

Just out of curiosity, how would you, dear reader, react if they added mandatory vehicle piloting certifications into the game? I'm talking about "You pay X certification points to acquire the ability to spawn this vehicle".

Yes, I am aware this was in the original Planetside, no, I don't want to hear about how great or terrible the original Planetside was in comparison. Stay on topic.

I'm not asking for your opinion on whether or not it would be good or bad for the game, I just want to try to get a feel for the general attitude towards the idea.
  2. BalogDerStout

Negatively.
  3. Gisgo

It would be good and i suggested it, it would make good drivers happy, they are willing to spend certs on their veichle; but most wouldnt like it because the game is already "a grind" and "pay to win" and blah blah blah...
    Players dont like to specialize and work for a goal, they want everything given from the start.
  4. Rusky

Wouldn't mind. Makes no difference to me.
  5. †Ashley†

Against it, while i can understand why you want it done. This won't really fix the issue of tank spam. Most tank zergs are usually an outfit that is coming after just taking a base that spawns tanks. Most of them would have enough certs to spawn anything. While at the same time it's simply not fair for new players to be denied such big aspects of the game.

So.. personally, very negatively.
  6. Gisgo

It would fix the 1/12 sundy convoy issue.
    If would make being a dedicated driver meaningful.
    Veichles would be much more effective (because the owner is experienced) and in fewer numbers.
    Ground transport at the moment is almost useless.
  7. †Ashley†

How would reducing the overall number of vehicles improve the driving abilities of those that do?
  8. FateJH

I wouldn't mind. On the other side of the coin, I don't think it would change anything either. No new solutions, no new problems. If it were too cheap, everyone would just buy the basic piloting certifications, and the situation as it exists would continue; if it were too expensive, people would complain that it was too expensive and SOE would probably never make it too expensive anyway.
  9. Gisgo

Once you spent 1000 certs on a license you better learn to drive.
  10. †Ashley†

That wouldn't make them better. That if anything would make people worse as they have had less time to use them.
  11. Gisgo

Ok then everything to everyone :rolleyes: it works perfectly... if you like a giant team deathmatch with no depth.
  12. SgtBreastroker

As long as they effectively half the cert prices on anything else I won't mind.
  13. †Ashley†

There's a big difference between earning upgrades and not even having access to a key feature of the game.
  14. Gisgo

Driving EVERY veichle as soon as you start playing isnt exactly a "key feature" of the game.
    You spend 500 certs to use a shotgun why not to spend the same on a driving license for a tank?
  15. †Ashley†

A shotgun changes how infantry v infantry combat plays for you.
    Not having a tank completely removed the tank features of the game, until you cough up the certs. And if these people are such bad drivers, then isn't it just free exp for you?
  16. Gisgo

These people who? Now you are putting words in my mouth or what? I can stand people arguing for the pleasure of arguing... done here.
  17. Snapmaster

Hm. Maybe I should make this a poll or something.
  18. vilehydra

It's just a way of delaying the problem as is.

Add in a separate LIMITED cert track for vehicles, then make existing vehicles meatier.
    So at most they could have maybe One air vehicle, and one ground vehicle. Flashes are always unlocked. Would this ever happen? No, because it would limit cash shop items and therefore buckets less of money.

But I digress, I'm apathetic because the idea barely affects the server in the long run.
  19. SuBs

Made a slight alteration.
  20. Snapmaster

Bump so I can hear more opinions.