Why is the VS max worse than TR?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by GImofoJoe, Feb 6, 2013.

1. SGTWOLF68

TR AP gun starts with more RPM.A
  2. hammyhamm

I wouldn't say the VS Max is unbalanced, I would simply say that the situations we tend to see the VS Max being used in an anti-infantry role tend to be knife-fight - an area where the TR and NC maxes will outdo it. At medium ranges the VS and TR max are on even-keel (the TR Mercy guns seem to be very similar to VS guns).

Where I always felt the VS max truly shined (at least in beta) was using the anti tank weaponry IE dual Comet launchers: it was effective enough to use on light armour and hostile MAXes and one salvo from each launcher was enough to kill an infantry straight out - assuming you could aim! It beats the NC and TR anti-vehicle offerings anyday.

One big positive I see about the VS Max is that it is actually difficult to tell it apart from standard VS Infantry at a glance - many times I've seen a rough outline of a unit that I try to get the jump on, only to catch myself having to play tag at close range with a Max!
  3. TintaBux

VS max is great, my favorite max, the key here is: learn how to play it.
  4. Olek

Where did you get the information for that?, the cosmos has the highest damage per bullet than both the NC & TR MAX.
  5. Anvildude

Hence the question mark. It was a response to someone's statement about fire rates or something.
  6. Dalzaar¤

I have to say that I have not noticed anything wrong with VS MAX...or are we talking about stock MAX here?

In last week and a half I have had roughly 10. 1 on 1 fights with TR MAXes and I have won every single one of those fights mostly with over 50% of my health left at the end.oh and I allways aim for the head and my weapons are dual-cosmos(in some of those fights it was quasar&nebula) plus in about half of em I had rank 2 kinetic armor and in the others rank 1 nano-armor.
  7. Phebus

VS Nebula looses to cyclers every time, and the scat max are ridiculous, I can kill remove about a quarter of a hacksaws amour with nebulas before I die. The recent game description for Ai max really shocked me. VS max is NOT more accurate in any way that makes a difference so basically the VS yet again get screwed by the devs. Magrider hill climbing when maneuverability is supposed to be the Mag's main attribute, max have never been able to keep up with NC of TR since beta and outgunned as infantry especially in heavy assault. Really needs sorting out even if it means high performing non specific weaponry and vehicles to level the playing field.