[Guide] How I infiltrate behind enemy lines

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mustarde, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Mustarde

Hey guys, just made this video on infiltrating bases. It's nothing too advanced, more for the novice infiltrator. The focus of the video is on how to reach your destination, not to show off kills or what to do once you arrive (maybe that will be part 2). I can't emphasize enough how much I love ESF parachutes - with practice it will get you just about anywhere on the map that you want.

Enjoy,

Mustarde

• Up x 3
  2. Kaisuke7

nice video, I notice you don't run with flake armor, do you just get lucky or you check for mines?
  3. Dinglebuttz

How were you falling out of the plane and not taking fall damage?
  4. Kaisuke7

its a cert for aircraft. ejection system, cost 500 certs.
  5. Dinglebuttz

Oh...I want!
  6. Ztiller

#3 is my favorite. I do it all the time and rack up some pretty massive killstreaks.

I do notice that you're not using the silencer. Get it, Trust me, it will greatly increase your effectiveness.
  7. A 59 c

With his 12000+ head shots I'd say he has the effectiveness thing all squared away

Great video Mustarde, saving up for that ejection system after I get dart level 6
  8. Mustarde

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will try to put out occasional videos when I find enough content to be helpful or interesting.

I actually am using a silencer in all these clips and am a huge fan of then. However I have the M77-B rifle here which sounds different than a silenced SR-7 or RAMS. The reason for using that rifle will be part of a larger project on the sniper rifles.

I may go back and update this video to show the certification panel for the mosquito. I was hoping it would be more clear that I certed into it (best 500 certs I have spent!)

I don't run with flak armor because of how often I run out of ammo while behind enemy lines. I have died from AI mines many times, hard to say if using flak but getting less kills would average out to be better.

I bet flak would pair better with my smg build... :)
  9. datdudejrod

kinda off topic but your server will be joining with mine so that means ill have a full time sniping buddy hopefully =)
  10. Mustarde

Update-

With changes to instant action mechanics, (see GU04 patch notes), you will no longer have the ability to select where you drop, from what I understand. This will take away one option for infiltrating towers, etc.

I think this will make squad beacons and parachute certed ESF's even more valuable... If you want to get on top of a biolab that isn't a hot drop spot for example, you will need to chute down or pod in via beacon. This also means no one else will be dropping on you (or very few people will be). Still have to watch out for light assaults, but I think many perches will be harder for enemies to reach.

I'm a little sad since I used deploy often to drop in hard to reach sniping perches. But having a certed mossie with parachute and using squad beacon could ultimately be an advantage for infiltrators who won't have as much foot traffic from others dropping.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. What do you guys think?
    • Up x 1
  11. Get2dachoppa

What scope are you using? And if you don't mind, what kind of system are you playing on? Looks like you've got great FPS and I'm looking to upgrade my desktop because the 15-20 FPS I average just isn't cutting it.
  12. A 59 c

I'm giving that GU04 update the thumbs down at this time. I used to have huge amounts of fun drop podding into bases and proceeding to murder everyone.

Now if I try the Instant Action there's no telling which world I'll be on let alone which base I'll be attacking so more than likely the weapons/attachments/camo I've chosen will be sub optimal.

I've since stopped using the Instant Death button but that forced me to cert more into the Reaver so on up side I should become a better pilot over time.

Reading other posts, the old IA mechanic was getting abused by teams so I supect this will be good in the long run.
  13. Klondik3

Awesome guide!
    Make the next one about "What to do when you infiltrate enemy position".
  14. Mustarde

Sure! But check out my other videos because I have some clips that might partially answer that