Not another hacker thread....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SeanR93UK, Feb 21, 2013.

1. SeanR93UK

*salutes*

So, I've started playing PS2 again after a little break and have noticed people using hacks at an alarming rate..... My question is... Will the latest patch stop all the nubs using hacks for at least a day or so? I'd like to get a little game time without being killed by hackers. It ruins the experience for me and I feel like the game isn't worth my time when it keeps on happening. Don't they have to update their hack program with each patch? I'm not sure how it works, I've never felt the need to hack, so I don't have any experience or knowledge with this type of thing.
  2. Soylent

Most of the people you think are hacking aren't really hacking. Just saying.
    • Up x 6
  3. SeanR93UK

I knew someone would post something a long those lines.... ^
    That's simply not true.... I may have no experience with using a hacking program, but I've done enough research to know when someone is cheating. It's just way too obvious.... Seems to me that a few people are in denial and would rather pretend that there are only a few cheaters instead of actually trying to spot them out and do your bit by reporting them.
  4. Rayden78

Easy to answer - No.

But probably a bit less hacking.
  5. imb0r3d

But he has a point. There are people that most certainly do hack. You can't tell me that warping players who headshot several people and walk through walls on multiple occasions are not hacking. All factions have this problem and it really makes the game less fun. There should be something the DEVs can do besides banning players. There should be a way to fix it clientside, such as a punkbuster or other similar anti-cheat program.
  6. MurderBunneh

This is what alarms me...

[...]
    Subject
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    PlanetSide 2 Enforcement Department: Account Suspension Notification

Discussion Thread
    --------

Quote:

-------------------------------------------------------
    Response Via Email(Customer Support) - 02/19/2013 11:34 AM
    Greetings,

Your account: ****** has been found to have utilized hack programs in PlanetSide 2. As such, your account has been suspended for a period of 7-8 days. The next infraction on this account will result in the immediate and permanent termination of this account. This disciplinary action is not one that is eligible for appeal as no doubt exists in relation to the hacking on this account.

There is no differentiation between you hacking on your account or someone else hacking on your account. The security of each account is the sole responsibility of the account holder and any disciplinary action taken on an account is done so with disregard to the physical perpetrator of the hacking.

Lastly, prior to entering game following your release, please complete a fresh install of the game to prevent any leftover modifications from resulting in your account’s termination.

PlanetSide 2 Enforcement Department
    Sony Online Entertainment

[...]
    • Up x 1
  7. swatti

I myself have seen a RADICAL decline in some hacks. Aimbots and "see enemy thru walls" hacks seem to exist but vehicular aimbots have been reduced and power-hacks in some weapons seem to have allmost dissapeared.

I used to get my libby eaten in 2-3 seconds by a burster, now i can actually survive even with an ESF.

Infantry is still different. While my max will no longer be eaten by single mag from a Solstice i do see headshots happen a bit too often. There are ppl skilled enough to pull off those sure, i even know some but it cant be all of them suddenly started to play planetside... ^^
    Also one of THE worst hacks is the ability to see enemies thru walls, some hacks even add a secondery map to show em and highlight enemies when theres a clear view. My infiltrator has been found in quite hard-to-reach places most ppl would need to spend some time to reach in order to just see me, let alone know im there and pinpoint my spot perfectly among various rocks or items.

There are good players, then there are REALLY good players, then there are hackers.

If someone is wondering "how do they work" - just google em. No, seriously, go take a look. Look, but dont touch. It helps you "spot the not"
  8. Niller

Unless there is something COMPLETELY wrong with your server then i cant believe the hacker attacks are as bad as you say, and maybe some of them you call hackers are simply good players? I have played since beta from august 29th and i have met only 6 hakcers in total (who i was completely sure hacked). It kinda reminds me of my friends who call every singel good CoD player a hacker.
    • Up x 1
  9. SeanR93UK

This ^

As far as I'm aware, there is no anti-cheat program at present in PS2. If there was an anti-cheating program, it would hopefully curb at least a handful of cheaters downloading basic hacking tools. The more experienced hackers would then be the problem.

My solution..... Make Planetside 2 Pay-to-Play, sounds kinda extreme I know, but at least they would be losing out if they were caught cheating and have their account banned.
  10. teh1337one

My first day on PS2 I was accused of hacking by teammates because they thought it was impossible for me to understand the mechanics of the game. Let's not forget I played PS1 for YEARS.

I went from rank 1 to 4 in one session. Got a scope on my LMG and started picking off people at nearly long range by controlling recoil through short bursts. Got a KD ratio of 3.4 and what do you know that makes me a hacker... because I don't suck at the game they suck at.

HOWEVER! I have seen a stream of a guy busting people using hacks because he himself had been hacking. Although this guy wasn't a ****** and killing people, he was simply spotting and proving people were doing it. A lot of the obvious hacks like recoil spread and aim bots get players banned. The truth is about 1 in 20 were cheating and using some kind of ESP or wall hack. A lot of the guys hacking aren't getting caught and you can tell because of the fact that they are rank 35+.

Does it bother me that other people are cheating? Not really, if it's really bad I'll log off but if they are just using a ESP hack I'll fight them. I'll probably die sure, but it's fun to kill someone you know is cheating.
  11. Miggs

They might be warping about on your screen, but on theirs it looks like they are playing a pretty stable game and their targets are not warping about all over the place, making headshots possible.

Just take a look at a few of the threads talking about de-synch issues we have seen since GU02 and watch some of the videos posted in them.

I'm not saying there are no hackers out there, but right at this moment in PS2 I'm sure there are still a great many players experiencing this de-synch issue and not realising it. Not every player even bothers to check game forums, so they might be totally unaware of the artefact.

I can make my game de-synch pretty much on demand if I choose to do so by reversing the technique I arrived at to minimise the arrival of the artefact on my system, but what would be the point of that other than to check if SOE have tied down and corrected the problem?

As I said, the problem right now is that there are still players who either don't know what's going on or can do nothing at their end to minimise its effect. There's probably some who DO know what's going on and are using this inherent game problem to manipulate their own stats.

It's not hacking in that they are not altering game code intentionally or running macros/aimbots/speed hacks, but it is exploiting an inherent game flaw.
    • Up x 1
  12. SeanR93UK

I fully became aware of hackers today when I started playing at around 5 AM, I was playing as NC Infiltrator and as usual we were defending The Crowno_O . Now normally I wouldn't jump to conclusions, but it became pretty clear there was more than one player cheating.

Within an hour of playing, I'd noticed that I couldn't seem to hide anywhere without being found. There was players going through walls as we tried to take an objective. Worst of all was the players you couldn't shoot because they seemed to be lagging, then all of a sudden they disappeared which leads me to believe they were teleporting. I wouldn't of thought anything of it, but I wasn't the only player complaining in the chat log.

This all happened on Miller (EU)

I did catch one of the cheaters names, I believe it was 'Roque'
  13. Niller

Hm seems more like lag to me, Miller is really lagging right now, and there is A LOT of people, so a little higher chance of meeting a hacker, just remember to report people.
    • Up x 1
  14. Soloviev

I've seen these supposed SoE emails going around, they're either a complete fabrication or SoE has wildly inconsistent and uncoordinated procedures on hack reports. I was banned myself, one of those wrongful bans, never hacked never will, uploaded gameplay videos etc... My account was cleared after a few days.

My point is: My ban came before any investigation and it was a permanent suspension - none of this 7-8 day ********. So if they perma-ban legit suspicious players before investigating how am I supposed to believe that they ban someone who has been detected to use third party tools for a temporary period of time? It doesn't make sense.

Thats not even going into the fact that no one has provided an actual screenshot of such an email (not that It'd be hard to photoshop), that no company would be so unprecise about the punishment period ("7-8 days" what?) and that it goes against what SoE is saying about their practices.

Those emails, I'd peg to be trolls/fabrications from the hacking community/noobs who think 50% of the playerbase hacks.
  15. MurderBunneh

Yesterday on Connery there was a VS max shooting from walls/underground for hours and stopped them from being warp gated several times. Don't give me this **** about not seeing hackers they are there you just oblivious to them.
    • Up x 1
  16. MurderBunneh

It is a legit email. If you knew the forum it is from and the context it was in you wouldn't question it.
    It is either an elaborate ruse that has no purpose or it is legit. Why would someone post that on a aimbot forum and be complaining that his "undetectable" hack he bought is getting him banned if it wasn't legit??
  17. ZEPLN

Easy dude. It's not all or nothing. Some people experience crappy situations with hacking degenerates, and some people are lucky enough not to experience any of the serious crap. I honestly have noticed a decline in hackers. Maybe my player skill just exceeds their hacking skills, so I don't notice. I can promise you that tons of accused "hackers" out there are just better than the person they killed.

That said, game hackers should have their hands cut off. It's lame.
  18. Soloviev

To make people believe SoE allows hackers to keep their accounts, for whatever reason that benefits the fabricator.

Idk man, I can only say what my experience was as someone who has been through the process and didnt even do anything wrong. They banned me permanently without even investigating the issue or having ANY evidence of third party tool use or w/e. For them to then turn around and ban someone who has been 100% detected as using hacks for only 1 week seems downright mental. Along with the other things I pointed out, I'm really hard pressed to believe that email is from SoE.

Not much more I can add, could be legit, sure, I just dont believe it.
  19. axiom537

Actually....

Warping Player - more then likely not hacking.
    Walking through Walls - more then likely not hacking

Warping and walking through walls are graphical glitches, rendering problems or just straight up lag...And yes people, including yourself probably start glitching and do not even realize it, because on your end you are moving just fine, yet to other players your character is doing crazy stuff, making you extremely difficult to kill.

I am not saying there aren't hackers in this game, but I have been playing for over 6 months & I have been witnessing these sort of glitches since the beta...

The vast majority of these ridicules hacker posts are just people not recognizing that these are graphical glitches and the vast majority of the accused hackers actually have no idea they are warping around....
  20. MurderBunneh

True but when shooting at range there is an artificial skill cap on most guns that can't be overcome. When a guy shoots me from over 100m landing a 4 shot burst to my head while moving I can 99% guarantee he is cheating.
    There is a certain VS outfit on Matherson that does this sort of thing ALOT. When you have 100's of hours of play in you can tell what is possible and what is not.