Forward grips and bolt action sniper rifles

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kegsniper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Kegsniper

Forward grips right now are completely useless on bolt action snipers rifles. Why should we spend 100 certs on something that has absolutely no meaning or purpose, recoil doesn't matter because you're just going to have to chamber the next round and lose the target anyways.

So 1) I hope they make it useful, and 2) I suggest that the forward grip upgrade on bolt action sniper rifles should reduce the amount of bounce on the scope (caused by breathing ~which is way too excessive btw) or increase the amount of time you can hold your breath and keep the rifle steady.

Oh, or make bipod's a replacement/alternate rail attachment to forward grips. so snipers can have absolute stability when shooting but sacrifice defense and stealth. (give bipods the L key like laser targeting and flashlights) and for the love of all that is holy...take flashlights out of the bolt-action certs...completely stupid and useless, never seen anybody use one, and if I did I would laugh at them.
    • Up x 2
  2. iostreamz

Adv. Forward Grip should reduce scope sway entirely.

Kkthnx
  3. illgot

not entirely, but could reduce it a bit because it could be used to help steady the weapon by resting it on a rock. A handle on the forestock would be more use recovering from firing than helping to steady a weapon before you fire (from an aiming position).

A tripod... amazing futuristic technology... ohhh ahhhh, should reduce sway a lot in under 600 meters.

But somehow in the future we can not even go prone... so a tripod... lol good luck!
    • Up x 2
  4. Jellyman_E

Tripods are for turrets. You mean bipod maybe? Bipods only keep rifles from swaying horizontally breathing still makes it move vertically so you would still need to hold your breath.
  5. Kegsniper

I mean this is the future...can't we just make bipods do anything?
  6. VoidC

They should replace forward grip on bolt action rifles with something really useful.
    For example with balancers, better buttstock, better barrel shroud grip, bipod etc. things that would really reduce amplitude of the sway in RL.

Forward grip looks also awful on bolt action rifles. Enough of non sense ... just look at buttstock of V10.

Btw. sway should be affected by stance, crouching/standing, still/walking.

Ammunition:
    HVA

Barrel:
    Flash suppressor > decreased detection
    Barrel balance weight > reducing sway ~15%
    Compensator > for semi sniper rifles

Scopes:
    Multi magnification scopes 100 certs (will require additional function key, selecting magnification, and switching illumination of cross hairs on standard scopes).
    Exclusive night vision scopes for infiltrator weapons 4x and 6x (working only in the dark, otherwise blending).

Rail:
    Bipod > sway reducing while crouching ~40%
    Advanced barrel grip ("barrel shroud"). > flat sway decrease ~25%

Magazine:
    as own slot
    Extended mags.
    • Up x 3
  7. Hellhammer

how about quadpods?
  8. Separatists

bought forward grip on my bolt action when i first started playing thinking it would reduce sway, worse 100 certs ever spent ._.''
  9. EViLMinD

Is there ANY evidence that shows a forward grip doing anything for sniper rifles? In my experience, it does nothing.

So, why can't SOE make a forward grip reduce sway? Even a little would be nice. I'm ok with spending the certs if my chance to kill a target can be improved even by 5%. I always want the best setups possible for my weapons.

But, if it is to remain as it is - zero difference - then SOE should remove the grip slot and refund us 100 certs.