People who only buy SC on 3x days

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ShomerShabbos, Feb 20, 2013.

1. TheBloodEagle

People just don't ever get it. We all agree that $7 bucks for a digital gun is ridiculous. But in the context of being able to play a good AAA game that is constantly improving, putting in new content and expanding for free, $7 bucks is nothing. Unlike other games you might spend $60 bucks for whats there, still have to grind for items and then pay $15 to $20 bucks for DLCS. In PS2, you'll ALWAYS have access to whatever they include, you'll always get the updates, you'll always be able to try something. So although, we tell you guys to stop ******** about the prices, we don't mean it in the sense that we are totally ok with the prices, but in the sense that the game offers so much and you don't need to spend a dime to enjoy it. We haven't invested the $60 bucks + $20 etc, we can put in w/e money we want for exactly what we want, when we want it without having to pay for what we DON'T want.

I think people fail to realize how this is a much better deal and a better choice for consumers.
    I've written about this in so many threads but I get so much **** for it. But ****, I wouldn't have played this game if it wouldn't have been free or had a subscription service and now I love the game and look forward to whats coming up. It sure as hell was worth the few bucks I put in, much more of a stretch that the PS3 games I've bought.

Maybe the problem is people want to have everything right away without putting in time or money but no matter what business model PS2 would of had, it's not something MMOs do anyway!

If I could use a metaphor it's like the issue about Attackers get EXP right away for bases, and Defenders get an EXP bonus. People still called the Defending bonus complete **** or didn't even know about it even though the potential to get more EXP was much higher. If you were ghost capping, that exp bonus didn't mean much other than helping the faction (not getting SC on 2x and 3x days) but when Defending a base under attack, that EXP was a really great thing (2x 3x & deals).
    • Up x 1
  2. Garantine

AAA? Debatable. Constantly improving? Not debatable, just isn't happening. Adding new content? Horns and SMGs (cash and time sink) do not qualify as "content". Expanding? Server merges are the opposite of expansion, and we still don't have a new continent.

You might want to think up some better examples.

F2P and P2P games don't really have a very large difference in how quickly they are worked on, improved, or expanded. Personally I've never played a MMO that expanded and was improved as quickly as WoW, and that game is still P2P. SW:ToR is just another example of a game that hasn't improved faster since the F2P change.

There is nothing "better" about F2P games.
  3. Vreki

Anyway, X3 sales is not a PS2 thing, it is for all SOE games and not likely to change because of PS2.
    So if they lowered the prices, the smart people would still get them at a 1/3 the price of the impatient.

I would say that the weapons are priced decently around the X2 mark. If you cant manage your funds, cant wait for the next sale but absolutely must have it now then it costs you extra. I am fine with that, in the end it all helps keeping the game alive.
  4. Hodo

It has to do with what AtroposZero said.
  5. TheBloodEagle

You have to be a troll. Do you not see the Roadmap? That alone shows improvements are coming. If this game is terrible or not what you want, why are you even sticking around? You didn't need to invest money or time this early on anyway. Hell, even PS1 didn't have everything at the beginning that people now praise.

WoW has spent 9 years improving things. This game has been out what, 4 months? Ridiculous.
  6. Garantine

Uhm. I'm talking about rate of improvement, not about how much improvement they've stuffed into a four month period. I'm also not comparing this game to WoW, in any way....but you'd know that if you read what I said. I said WoW was the fastest improving and expanding game I had ever played, and that it was P2P. But whatever suits your argument bud.

Literally nothing has changed about this game other than a confusing color swap since it launched. Lets not beat around the bush here and act like they've been throwing content at us or something, which is what you've implied with your "constantly expanding" rant. I'll say it again, cash and time sinks are not "content". Adding more weapons on top of what is already too many weapons that are not at all different is not "content". Merging servers down is not "expansion".

Pretty certain you haven't typed a word with a straight face in this thread, so don't call me the troll.
  7. Tasogie

lol your takin a bit on yourself there innt ya?. Who exactly are you to "teach" people again??.... guns costin 7 pounds is well out of order an that is a fact, but its SOE, an everyone knows they price gouge.

Buying anythin Sony related is like buying a PC from PC world, or Argos, you know its the stupidest thing in world, an your buying nuffin but crap.... but people do it any way.
  8. Stadulator

Nailed it!
  9. Garantine

Oh and just for your information, I don't hate the game, I do not think it's terrible. I'm just tired of people sugar coating the current situation of the game like you for example are. I could pretty much take it from your words that this game is ever changing, constantly growing, and that the only thing wrong with it is people like me who give the game a bad wrap....but that really isn't true.

The game has a lot of things holding it back, the biggest from my perspective being depth and the current complete lack of a meta game, the prices are a fair point to highlight when people complain about specific things, but I really don't see them being the problem for this game. Either I am blind or you are blowing the level of "expansion and improvement" this game has had since release out of proportion. There is no second layer of complexity to this game, it's a shallow pool of cash and time sinks.
  10. GhostAvatar

11. DiedTrying

4 pages of posts all made during normal working hours...

And judging from posts, we can see we have

1. Thrifty unemployed gamers trying to save a nickle.
    and
    2. Pretentious unemployed gamers living off their parents money who like to look down their noses at #1.

Oh, the dynamics of forumside.
  12. Eleo

Breaking news: not everyone live in north america and not everyone have the same working schedules.
    • Up x 1
  13. DiedTrying

so...you are unemployed?
  14. Eleo

You have comprehension issues?
    • Up x 1
  15. Tasogie

Also you seem to forget those who worked very hard for longer than you have probably been alive, an earned their "playtime" an have the means to do so.
    • Up x 1
  16. DiedTrying

3. Retired old farts trying to save money so their spouse doesn't have an extra reason to complain about them spending more time on the PC than with them.

Fixed? :p
    • Up x 1
  17. Gavyne

Don't quite get it. I bought my 40" LED TV when it was on sale during Black Friday. I could've paid $100 more for it any other time, but I saved my money, and waited for the good sales before purchasing it. What's wrong with that? Should I be upset that these TV's cost more when they aren't on sale?

Same with computer parts, there's a better chance i'll buy a new video card when there's a good rebate or a good combo deal (like the new Nvidia station cash deal, which I have to say is very enticing). Is it really that bad to tell people who think new video cards are too expensive to be patient and wait for a good deal?

Same with groceries, there are things that are regular priced, and there are sales that go on each different week. You have the option to buy something at full, regular price. Or if money is tight, or you want better deals & be smart, you buy things when they are on sale. I see nothing wrong with grocery stores doing that.

SOE isn't doing anything different than what every companies & stores are doing already. Having sales vs regular prices, it gives people the option. Some people want to look for good deals, so they wait for the sales. Others don't really care to wait, some want something *now* and will pay good money for something they want. You choose how you want to spend your money. But people are not wrong by telling you (or rather informing you), to be smart and buy station cash during 2x or 3x sales. Because you get the best bang for the buck that way.

With that said we're totally due for another 2x or 3x sc sale, come on SOE, run a sale and take my money.
  18. LibertyRevolution

I want my tire spikes for my flash... I been waiting 2 months now, I can wait more...
    Or you can run a 2x SC sale and TAKE MY MONEY!
  19. BOOKEN

If anyone has a complaint about how expensive SC is in PS2 then you need to ask yourself this question:

How much money do you spend a year on worthless items? Cigarettes, Sodas, Cable t.v., Beer, Bars, Women? And I am sure a host of other things that have absolutely zero value and at the end of the day you have nothing to show for it.

While they may be digital, weapons/camo are a tangible usable item for as long as the game exists. So yea, if you spend money on anything other than living, I cannot see how you could complain even if the weapons/camo are 20 dollars each.
  20. Tasogie

lol 45 year old Deepsea Trawlerman, who are bad tempered, miserable old gits with the skills to use knives and the willingness to use them :)... yer, we are just the sort you wanna piss off :)
    • Up x 1