Absolute highest graphics settings?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Wallonthefloor, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Wallonthefloor

I have heard that the render distance has been bumped up, and there may have been some other tweaks. I was just wondering if this is the highest possible graphics settings I can play on? my system can handle it just fine, and I was wondering if I could bump it up even more.

[Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=0
    RenderQuality=1.000000
    FullscreenWidth=1680
    FullscreenHeight=1050
    WindowedWidth=1680
    WindowedHeight=1028
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=3
    TextureQuality=1
    ShadowQuality=2
    RenderDistance=-1.000000
    Gamma=0.600000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=2
    EffectsQuality=3
    TerrainQuality=3
    FloraQuality=2
    ModelQuality=3
    VerticalFOV=70
    ParticleLOD=2
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0
    AO=1
    ForceGpuPhysics=1
    GpuPhysics=1

[Terrain]
    RenderFlora=On
  2. Hypersot

define "handling it fine"... you mean, with these settings, in large battles you get more than 40 frames?
  3. kastemato

Try these: put some AO and motion blur if you like them... and shadowquality to 4 if you really like shadows..
    [Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=0
    FullscreenWidth=2560
    FullscreenHeight=1440
    WindowedWidth=1024
    WindowedHeight=768
    RenderQuality=1.000000
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen

[Rendering]
    OverallQuality=-1
    ModelQuality=4
    GraphicsQuality=5
    TextureQuality=0
    FloraQuality=4
    FloralLOD=1
    FloralDistanceScale=2.000000
    LightingQuality=4
    TerrainQuality=4
    TerrainLOD=1
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    ShadowQuality=1
    ParticleQuality=4
    ParticleLOD=4
    ParticleDistanceScale=2.000000
    EffectsQuality=4
    EffectsDistanceScale=2.000000
    AO=0
    AOQuality=4
    AmbientOcclusionQuality=4
    AutoDetectPerformanceSettings=0
    VerticalFOV=70
    GpuPhysics=0
    VSync=0
    Gamma=0.0
    UseLod0a=1
    MaximumFPS=100
    MotionBlur=0
    BlurQuality=0
    MotionBlurQuality=0
    RenderDistance=6000.000000
  4. Phaustus

You are actually quite a way off the maximum settings with this .ini file.

Since you are running a GTX 670, you should actually have no problem bumping them even higher (since when your FPS drops, it's probably due to your CPU, not your GPU).

If you want everything to prettier, you can try changing these settings:
    [Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=5
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=3
    RenderDistance=-1.000000
    Gamma=0.600000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=5
    EffectsQuality=5
    TerrainQuality=5
    FloraQuality=3
    ModelQuality=5
    VerticalFOV=70
    ParticleLOD=5

Not sure I'd keep FloraQuality and ShadowQuality at 3, though... If you see your fps drop and it says you're GPU-bround, try lowering them to 1 (not as pretty, but you save up a lot of processing power and everything else still looks fantastic).

You could also turn MotionBlur on if you want (depends on whether or not you consider that to be nicer looking).

I would also strongly recommend you turn down your screen gamma... 0.6 seems awfully high and must make everything look bland and gray-ish... (I think around 0.15 is more reasonable).

5. Wallonthefloor

I actually think i turned some stuff down lol and this isnt max anymore but no matter how tough the battle is, I really dont drop below 20 fps
  6. Gamertech

Katemato has got the proper ultra settings, the config Phaustus posted defaults to medium settings fyi
  7. Alexlightning7

delete my words if you copy it over
    neither of them do. There are a few settings that do go to 5, most go to 4. Also, both forgot the renderquality setting, which has arguably the biggest effect of all of them.

If you have fps problems, turn shadows back to low. That is the only thing that should effect your fps to bad in big battles where you cpu bound.
  8. Hypersot

that's what I meant really, judging from your CPU... 20 fps is bad for an FPS game. Instead of increasing the eye candy I'd suggest you increase your frames.

What you can do, imho, is turn your shadows & AO completely OFF (ie both = 0), Particles to LOW (ie. 1) and increase the texture quality by setting TextureQuality to 0. You can set everything else to High Settings (ie. 3).

These settings will provide you with good graphics quality and a min of 25-30 frames in the heaviest battles
  9. kastemato

For me the game looks better with render quality @ 1.000000.... and runs 30fps better. Yes, it is a big effect but not so good effect, maybe for you its a good thing.
    Why do you have UseLod0a=0? Because its 1 in my useroptions (most of my useroptions file is copied from somewhere)
    And how about ParticleLOD?
    Thanks for the LightningQuality btw.

The game looks kinda horrible with shadows OFF, I would just turn shadowquality to 1, even if I had to run the game 25fps instead of 30fps with shadows off.
  10. MistaN

This one is correct. I'm the guy who made the other "ULTRA" .ini config that gets posted EVERYWHERE. The one with everything maxed to 5 and a few additional settings that arent confirmed to do anything (I added them just to see if they would do anything)

You're probably the only person that's come to the same exact conclusion as me when it comes to ultra graphics.
    There ARE "5" settings on a couple of the tweaks (such as shadows) but most are "4". Shadows also has a "99" setting that's supposed to be "custom" but they dont allow you to customize shadows any longer.
    Turn on fogshadows & motionblur in alex's revised ini file and you have your ultra settings.

If RenderQuality=2.0 is running too slow for you then lower down to 1.3 or 1.4 for dual SLI configs and down to 1.15 for a single card (670gtx or better).
  11. Hypersot

the performance boost that you get by turning them off is huge, 5 fps is the minimum that you might get but you get a much smoother experience in gameplay and that's something that you can't measure with fps.

I have a phenom x6 which is similar to the OPs CPU, also notice that he has a DDR2 RAM which makes things even worse for everything handled by CPU. If the OP plays a lot in close-quarters I believe smoother gameplay is more important than pretty gameplay, hence my suggestions in my previous post.
  12. Deschain

[Rendering]
    AnisotropicFilter=16
    GraphicsQuality=4
    TextureQuality=0
    TerrainLOD=4
    FloralDistanceScale=2.000000
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=1500.000000
    Gamma=0.010000
    MaximumFPS=120
    UseLod0a=1
    VSync=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=4
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=4
    TerrainQuality=4
    FloraQuality=0
    ModelQuality=4
    MotionBlurQuality=4
    ParticleLOD=2
    MotionBlur=0
    AOQuality=4
    AmbientOcclusionQuality=4
    AO=1
    VerticalFOV=65
    FloralLOD=5
    EffectsLOD=5
    ParticleDistanceScale=2.000000
    EffectsDistanceScale=2.000000
    ForceGpuPhysics=1
    GpuPhysics=1

My current settings,never dips below 40fps, high points are 120+

314.07 driver
  13. Wallonthefloor

S
    So can you or somebody else post the correct ULTRA settings. If anything does lag, I'll drop shadows, particles and flora down in game to medium
  14. LibertyRevolution

When you set ShadowQuality=0 , enable the fog shadows it make it look better.
    You can toggle it on the fly in the graphics settings.

[IMG]
  15. Hashlak

Im using these settings on my laptop.. Runs smooth at 30-70fps :D

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=5
    TextureQuality=0
    TerrainLOD=5
    ShadowQuality=2
    RenderDistance=9999.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=120
    UseLod0a=0
    VSync=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=5
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=5
    TerrainQuality=5
    FloraQuality=5
    ModelQuality=5
    AOQuality=5
    AmbientOcclusionQuality=5
    EffectsLOD=5
    ParticleLOD=5
    MotionBlur=1
    VerticalFOV=74
    AO=1
    ForceGpuPhysics=0
    GpuPhysics=0
  16. MistaN

Here are the Ultra settings in the simplest form (without supersampling):

GraphicsQuality "5" vs "4" is debatable

If you're having a lot of slowdown then 1st thing to turn down is ShadowQuality. Go from "5" to "4" and then "3" before you change anything else. Also, the difference between "4" and "5" is in the distance and most noticable on trees. I think the "4" setting is bugged and causes some trees in the distance to not have full shadowing ("3" and "5" dont have this bug).
  17. Hyperz

18. Wallonthefloor

Im running about 30 - 40 fps at the warp
    20 fps in battles
    lower in extreme battles like the crown
    I never checked my fps ingame, 20 fps always felt like a smooth 30 to me
    My old AM3 Mobo/CPU and DDR2 is the bottleneck here otherwise I would probably be running this game with a framerate twice as fast
  19. PsyStorm

Guys tell me the difference between the uselod0a=0 and uselod0a=1 please.
  20. BenYeeHua

uselod0a=1 Increase the FPS, but sometimes you will see some LOD loss on far object.