[codeForge] PhysX on AMD "For Now"

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Byohzrd, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Byohzrd

PhysX particles.
    I don't neeeeed it... but I want it.

My (read: our) problem is that having a hybrid AMD/NVIDIA setup can be made functional in most every game that supports PhysX except for PS2. What with the auto-patching of the launchpad I am unable to remove the proper files that force the use of "tweaked" PhysX *.ddls.
    I am doubtful that the UserOptions.ini will effect the function of the launchpad's auto-patching or the game's "required file" list but would it be too much to ask for some way, however technical it may be, to allow the use of a dedicated NVIDIA PhysX card while using an AMD card for display rendering?

My estimation is that I need to some how stop the game from demanding the NxCooking*/cuda*/Physx* .DLL files as mentioned in this post (http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/...with-latest-physx-and-geforce-285-solved.html) which has, thus far, led me to great success.

A little help here? ... or just tell me no and I'll go away.
  2. THUGGERNAUT

don't try it! you might be banned for modding files. people were banned for SweetFX supposedly.
  3. Sliced

It may be bannable, but you could try although it may not work, get modded Dlls and copy them into the correct folders after launching the launchpad but before clicking play.

I do this every time I play the game to change my font. Create a shortcut to the folders needed and place it along with your files on the desktop. Then drag and drop into the short cut.

Ofcourse it may not work, or it could but you get banned.
  4. Byohzrd

Yes, that is what I am trying to avoid by asking for the devs help. I don't expect to get it for what may only please a small population of their paying customers (including myself).
    However, I didn't program the game so I don't know how hard or easy this may be. The worst they can do at this point is just tell me no and that is what I am shooting for, just some sort of answer so I can stop spending my time trying to make this work and just get back to the game.

I wish I didn't like shiny stuff so much but after you spend a certain amount of money on your PC and then tune every last FPS out of it... I just can't help but want to push it to the utmost limit.
  5. Byohzrd

Tuesday bump. Anyone else looking for this support or is it just me?
  6. Byohzrd

Wednesday bump. I realize PhysX is not full implemented yet but I'm looking for an answer as to whether or not this option will ever be available for AMD/NVIDIA hybrid users like myself that are 100% capable of running GPU PhysX.
  7. Byohzrd

Thursday bump.
  8. BenYeeHua

The answer is nope, you can go to Nvidia forum and ask about that.:p
  9. Byohzrd

Can you elaborate? Are you saying that it is not possible or are you saying that SOE is not going to allow me to run a dedicated NVIDIA PhysX card alongside my AMD card that acts as a display driver as I can with other games?
  10. BenYeeHua

Yes, SOE and Nvidia not allow that.
    You can read about it on the manual from the Nvidia graphic card driver.

But yes, it is possible to using PhysX like the other game, but you need to change their dll, or hijack a dll, then you will be detect by SOE anti-hack software(that useless for hacker...), and they will call you as a hacker.