NC Anchor or EM1

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by MidKnightRaiders, Feb 18, 2013.

1. MidKnightRaiders

Which one is better? I know they both cost a 1000 certs but which one is better at taking down people at medium to short distances? I am looking for an upgrade to my GD 22s, i heard that the EM6 is good too. If anyone has experience with these weapons, can you help me decide?
  2. irishroy

same "prob" here^^
    EM6 vs EM1 vs Anchor
  3. MidKnightRaiders

from what i have read, the EM6 is a good all round weapon but isnt the EM1 supposed to be better than it? But what about the Anchor?
  4. Zaik

Anchor, most likely. It's based off the Orion, while the EM1 is based off the CARV.

I think both have the same hipfire spread and access to an advanced laser dot though. Just the Anchor will be much more accurate at mid while the EM1 has a larger magazine. Anchor also has more managable recoil and better overall DPS.

EM6 is a SAW that sucks at long range but is not that much better at close. Personally I would say never use it ever unless you're just bored with the SAW and wanted to get an araxium medal with a different LMG.
  5. klor

I like the NC6 Gauss SAW for mid to long range, the Anchor for close to mid and the Piston for pure close quarters. The EM1 is my least favorite NC LMG. I got the Auraxium medal with the Anchor faster than any other weapon. I currently have 8 Auraxium medals, on average it takes me about 17.5 hours to unlock but the Anchor only took 14 hours. It might just suit my playstyle but it was one of my favorite weapons to use.
  6. NietCheese

I prefer the Anchor because most fights seem to be close-mid. I use it with a laser and NV scope, it's the only way (other than shotguns) that NC can be competitive with TR at close range.
    • Up x 1
  7. Lawman

Keep in mind that the EM1 and the Anchor have the highest first shot recoil of the NC LMGs. This makes them sub-optimal when ADS, and they are supposed to be hip-fire weapons. The EM6 is like the other LMGs in that it has a lower first shot recoil and is better ADS. Personally, I prefer the SAW-S and EM6 to the Anchor and EM1.
  8. dracotonisamond

for me atleast, i found the anchor to be the best. i ended up getting the auraxium medal for it.

the EM6 felt really sloppy due to its balanced recoil and not any better than the anchor other than more bullets in a mag.
    and i the EM1's TTK is longer than any of the NC LMG so thats out the window automatically.

my anchor is kitted with the Adv. Laser, silencer and a 1x reflex
    my EM6 has the Std. Laser, silencer and a reflex.
    i also have a GD-22s with similar attachments, but its RoF is slower than the others so i dont use it.
  9. Badname0192

No disrespect meant by replacing your words. :p

I purchased the EM1 yesterday as it was the daily special and it is -sexy-! All I can say is that at mid range in a huge fight I cut down and got assists about 30 times before dying. I save my certs for weapons I wait to purchase and let me tell you, the EM1 is going to be my choice for short/mid range outdoors for the near future. It works good indoors too, but for engagements where I'm not going to work beyond long/mid range I'll stick with the stock starter Guass 1x Hi-V AFG for the damage output.

I own the GD22s which on paper is almost the same as an Anchor, I enjoy using it indoors and carry it at times throughout whole sessions, it is a good all around, if it really is like the Anchor and you're looking for something that works indoor short range to outdoor mid-range (Like Grey Herring Shipping) it's great. Just understand it's a 50 round slugger, so swapping before the magazine is empty is needed to keep having rounds in the air in speedy fashion, otherwise you get the long reload. I can imagine that with the advanced LS that the Anchor rips up the TR pretty quick, I may get one should it ever be a special. RIght now I'm working on getting my Auraxium medals for what I do have, which is going to be a bit of work.

In the same breath as NietCheese the Anchor may be the number to keep the TR down when indoors, the GD22s is pretty good at the job itself, but lacks the option to cert an advanced laser sight.

Good luck out there and may your boots run red with the blood of many spandex wearing purple clad wackos.