VS pops since patch.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wellknown, Feb 11, 2013.

1. HellasVagabond

26% with 33% is not huge....26% with 40% however is....So NC don't have the most people.....
  2. Pat Cleburne

SolTech, pretty much every da.That particular shot was from prime time last night and the numbers held true from 8pm Friday night till 2 this morning..
  3. Xasapis

Dropping from 33% to 26% combined global population means that your side lost 21% of their population. That's 1 per 5 people who switched sides. I'd call that a pretty significant amount.
    I was expecting the answer to be Soltech. It seems that this particular server is the only exception to the general rule of VS losing at least 15% of their population globally.
  4. Wellknown

[QUOTE[IMG]][/QUOTE] what do you expect after 10pm
  5. Pat Cleburne

what do you expect after 10pm[/quote]

Keep defending it kid.
  6. Xae

Keep defending it kid.[/quote]
    Have you heard the phrase "the exception proves the rule", boy?

Right now Mattherson is 25% VS, 40% TR and 35% NC
    Right now Connery is 25% VS 36% TR and 39% NC
  7. NavSpec

My experience on Helios since the patch has been that the NC have the highest percentage normally, followed by VS then TR. Much like what Compass posted on Monday.

For the 100th time, the Magrider has the same armor as the Prowler. The same. Vanu need to quit perpetuating that completely bogus "We have the worst armor!" crap.

On Helios, the NC took Mao from the TR rather regularly. Granted, we always rolled out right away to take it back but it wasn't as if Mao was a completely defensible stronghold.

I honestly think that it is partially a case where the VS were used to X, and now they have Y. Whether X was overpowered or Y is underpowered isn't what I'm talking about. X was different than Y so now they've left because it wasn't "what they were used to." Couple that with the craptacular Indar warpgate and many VS are just "screw it." I also think that the 4th Faction spent a lot of time on the VS. On Helios, pre-patch, it wasn't uncommon to see 35-40% Vanu population. During the UES, VS boasted over 40% many nights at prime-time with the TR sitting below 20%. It was pretty brutal for those of us dedicated to the TR. The 4th Factioners have left it now and, for whatever, seem to be congregating in the NC as they seem to be at the 35+% now instead of VS. Those shifting players really do make a dent in population, IMO, when they shift to the new flavor of the month.
  8. Xae

What advantage does the Magrider have anymore?

Vangaurds out damage and out tank it.
    Prowlers do something like 40% more damage, before lock down.

The higher muzzle velocity, proliferation of lock on/guided missiles has all but removed the advantages the Magriders has (strafing)

Right now the Magrider is the lowest damage, lowest durability (tied), lowest mobility, lowest projectile velocity, highest expose tank.

It is objectively inferior to in nearly every regard to both the Prowler and Vanguard.

The only tank changes needed in GU2 was the Enforcer change, a smaller lock down velocity bonus and the prowler heat buff.

Right now a 1/2 Vanguard with shield will beat a 2/2 Magrider. A 2/2 Vanguard with shield will beat 2 2/2 Magriders.

To make matters worse developers are actively denying the bugs where Magriders can't climb 15 degree inclines on roads.
  9. Opticalsnare

Well its not surprising, Vanu got hit with the nerf hammer... NC got rotated to a much better warp gate location on (Indar).

So of course the better option for the VS swappies all joined the NC. The amount of BR 1-10 ive wasted from the NC is crazy and the TR in general seem to have ditched Indar altogether apart from the Crown and moved to other two continents.

NC pop has jumped by 10% whilst the VS has fallen by 10%
  10. Scorponok

im glad we can see eye to eye on this :) i agree with you..ive played all 3 sides and...i feel ***** by each empire when it comes to combat no matter :p and they all play out differently in behavior.yes i play all 3 since i cannot make up my mind :p my highest is still NC...
    • Up x 1
  11. Chipskream

Sigh...Miller VS is now at 24%. Sadly, almost 100% of those are in Indar which makes VS WG'ed literally all the time on Esamir and Amerish. We occasionally take a facility on Esamir but the second some platoonleader of the NC/TR looks at it, it goes to them. Its a sad sad state of the game for Miller VS.
  12. Punishment

[IMG]

Miller a few days ago.
    TR easy mode
  13. r1stormrider

i love my VS guns, they fire and behave in the way you just mentioned! i dont even have to spend a single dime on smedcreds to buy other weapons unlike my NC character. nope, with VS i can use the stock weaps all the way until BR100 :)

VS guns have the ease of use that any rookie or veteran can enjoy, its wonderful.
  14. Arquin

We're still holding up pretty valiantly considering our lack of people. Just gotta hope it gets better. I've notice a 1-2 % general increase in VS Miller pop in the past week or two. Trying to get 33 % would be optimal.
  15. Shiladie

Confirmed for Matherson, we are generally 25-29% as VS since the mag nerf patch.
    I think the magrider is one of the primary reasons people played VS, so when it got nerfed they jumped ship to other factions that had other things they enjoyed more. For example scatter maxes. It feels pretty bad when we get told our magrider nerf was entirely justified (not arguing it wasn't), but to suck up the asymetrical balance when it comes to our max being absolutely terrible.
    I hope this max patch comes in and buffs the VS max up to a reasonable level.

In addition to any nerfs though, I think the number of people in tanks has drastically decreased overall as well due to the lockons. This then contributes to people not playing VS if their primary reason for playing VS is the magrider.
  16. Aghar30

The whiners in NC and TR wont be happy till the game is back to PS1, a 2 faction game where the purple guys just kinda got shoved around, 40/40/20 pops YAY!!!!
  17. IMTasty

Idd, and Indar is not really where you notice the pop imbalance (talking to Arq about Miller here people, no other server, before you start spamming with % from other servers :p) since all faction are generally close to pop cap on that continent. The main disadvantage for the VS on Miller are on Esamir and Amerish which is basically just a TR vs NC fight with the VS occasionally poking in once they're pop capped on Indar. But like you said the VS are slowly getting a few percentages closer, not enough yet though.

I really hope the VS pop will rebound a bit more. Talked to several VS outfit people and most seem pretty darn tired of having to play on Indar all the time just because they need to hold it and because they do not have much of a chance on Esamir/Amerish due to numbers. You very rarely see a [DWG] or [DIG] platoon on Esamir or Amerish to stomp on and it makes me sad. (that was obligatory :p) :( .

Props to the guys who actually fight there though.

Just to be picky, In case you did not know Punish, those pictures show area controlled, not population size. I can understand if you feel at a disadvantage and frustrated due to number issues, but no reason to try and make it seem worse than it is, but I will just assume you did not know. Don't think we will see a faction on Miller with close to 50% population on Indar, maybe at 4-5am, I wouldn't know, I do not play at that time.
  18. Arquin

Yeah. The thing is, this one time a week or two ago we put an entire platoon of DIG on Amerish (48 people then) and our population there went from 10 to 30 %. That tells something. It wasn't primetime though. We're running on Esamir and Amerish sometimes, but it's mostly when Indar is population capped.

Empty continents are a self-repeating cycle. Let's hope the empire priority system will fix this a little.
  19. IMTasty

Amerish is always the least populated continent, especially on none prime time when there is more open space on Indar. Only during prime time do you have a chance of seeing a battle involving more than one platoon there. Esamir has plenty though on prime time, and even when it's no on prime it usually has platoon sized battles somewhere. From my experience anyways. But indeed I hope empire priority or eventually some kind of lock will encourage people to fight on different continents. Because atm the vast majority of people I talk to only touch Indar if they have no choice, and that's the position a lot of VS outfits are in right now.

Personally I've just come to dislike Indar though, partly because you have to "herd" to Zerg away from stupid grindy choke-point battles and the black hole in the middle of the map, it's just frustrating. Plus glitches and from just having played there during 70% of the entire beta test, so atm my playtime is spent Esamir>Indar/Amerish.

I think 3 weeks ago my NC/VS kill ratio was around 50/50, right now it's 60/40 and increasing just because VS has too small a population to do much outside of Indar. Just make the bloody Magrider able to do pirouettes on Indar and be able to fly around the Crown so that the little 4th factioneers switcharoos come back. :(
  20. Hashi

To be honest I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. But for arguments sake, anyone can use stock weapons to BR100. It'll just be easier for VS.