"air the counter to air" was the correct balance for EVERYTHING

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by innociv, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Judgement

• Lock-on weapons (A2A Missiles & Lock-on heavy assault weapons)
      • Lock-on Angle reduced. Targets must be closer to the center of the crosshair in order to lock-on.
    LOL I wonder if its from my post on here that they decided to do this? I can dream can't I? :p
  2. Richard [PG]

It's not misinformation. I'm serious. I'm not sitting still on my *** taking shots at ESFs. I'm moving and shooting. And believe me, shooting at a horizontal angle is now IMPOSSIBLE.
  3. innociv

LOL.

I'm hitting aircraft, and hell I even headshot infantry, at 500m and you can't hit things on the ground from the air with something that kills things in two hits within like a 4m radius.

The drop on the Zephyr/Dalton is a joke since there is no drag. All it does is make the round hit the target faster.

Yes I've used the Zephyr since the patch, if anything it's better due to the drop making it go faster.
    The reduction to the inner splash radius didn't do anything since the splash is 750 damage and not 500. It's not the big effect like it had on rocket pods inner splash being reduced, which was a good nerf for those versus infantry there.

You're exactly who the Zephyr was made for. =/
  4. Sparks

Let's make it so:
    Tanks only render when you're in a tank yourself
    Aircraft only render when you're in an aircraft yourself
    Infantry only render when you're playing infantry yourself

Then we're done right? :p
  5. FeelTehRUSH

why should g2a counter ESFs if they are supposed to counter libs... by that logic they are rolling a2a and cant defend themselves against g2a and therefore are zoned out making them useless.
  6. innociv

If you compare an ESF versus infantry, WITHOUT rocket pods, the ESF is pretty similar to a MAX.
    Its cannon is a bit better from further away, though harder to aim. The ESF takes similar damage from Infantry than a MAX does, except it's far larger and you can lock missiles onto it.

Imagine if you could lock missiles onto a MAX and kill them from across a field instantly. That'd be really dumb.

But yeah, rocket pods are really ruining the balance. They were/are really overpowered. It's just that AA is even more overpowered now.

It would be interesting if ESFs didn't have rocket pods, but no lock on weapon at all could lock onto ESFs.

Though, as it is now, I'm still seeing a few(just a few) ESFs. They just don't hover anymore, and usually fly really high or really low. Its libs that you never see, since there are plenty A2AM ESFs flying around looking for easy targets.