[Suggestion] Balancing needed quickly

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Forsakened, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Forsakened

Ok I hate to have to be the one to point the finger at the smoking gun but this last patch completely ruined the population balance across the servers.

This is no longer a game about strategy as many might think or the ability as working as a team. Ultimately what has been created is who has the most bodies. While I used to enjoy the challenging fights as this used to present now it is just out of hand.

What is SOE doing to balance the populations out before you lose specific empires on certain servers. In beta it was the same issue as the VS were always under the population of the TR and NC. Nothing new has changed as of lately either except the buffing of the other two empires which has only encouraged the faction flipping ideal for most VS as it is not fun fighting a so called zerg all the time.

Personally I say this last continent pop balance issue was a joke it only let you know how out numbered you really were (which could of already been found from looking at the continent pop). Personally I say to balance out the servers populations SOE needs to implement something that is a little more rewarding then exp. as the bonus exp is fun and all but does no good if you are just out numbered 20 to 1.

I know all the zerg outfits out there are probably going to bash this post, but look at it this way as all of your complaints are only going to cause the lowest population faction on which ever server you are on to join your faction then you will have one less person to shoot at to farm your kills.
  2. Thurwell

Matherson, which used to be one of the most evenly distributed servers, is sitting at 24% global VS pop tonight. Friday night, prime time. I hate to rag on the PS2 devs, cause I love this game and I think you guys are really trying. But man did you guys mess up, what was with that laundry list of buffs on the prowler. Small, gradual buffs and nerfs. Not huge changes to every number you can think of.
  3. SgtBreastroker

What are you proposing? How do you balance players playing on an empire of their choosing?

In the Planetside 2 trailer the NC guy says "For war will not determine who's right, only, who's left." and in a few Planetside 2 wallpapers or pictures you can see the sentence "Size always matters"

Just a thought.
  4. Bagginz

"Ultimately what has been created is who has the most bodies"
    This could not be further from the truth. I play all the time on Helios, and at any given point the if the difference in pop between each faction is <= 15% there's nearly no relationship between pop and territory control. Even when one faction has a lot more people, many times that has little effect on their territory control. Say whatever you want, but at least on my server you're just patently false.

And to that guy complaining about 24%, I log on and see that kind of number ALL THE TIME, and there have been plenty of times where our territory control % is far higher than our population %. Yeah, a lot of the time this is not the case, but if you're trying to make this out like "who has the most bodies" wins, you're just wrong.

That said, I do agree with you that the exp boosts should be more, because the way they stand it really doesn't make that much of a difference. Surely not enough to influence them to join that faction.
  5. Forsakened

What I am stating is during peak hours of play there is a current population imbalance that needs to be addressed.

The issue at hand is that the world is persistent and the three factions are constantly locked in combat yet what I have noticed is that it is who has the most bodies wins in a fight unless you enjoy the constant ghost hacking instead of fighting. Also the Territory controlled is actually in direct correlation to the constant ghost hacking.

I enjoy fighting the other factions yet currently it is who ever has the bigger zerg wins not who has the best troops or the best strategy.

Honestly to fix this I say exp is not enough of a insensitive to balance out populations per servers, but rather a bonus to damage or health as to help for the lack of numbers so the game reverts back to strategy rather then mass zerging.