STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ANNIHILATOR.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NameForForum, Feb 12, 2013.

1. TheEvilBlight

Snipers haven't killed infantry combat yet, and they one-shot to the head.

They'll probably make smoke/flares default with every vehicle (like an HA shield).
  2. NameForForum

Are you so afraid of the Annihilator that you are glad of the nerf? Who is here the noob?

That tank is running away because of render problems? Is that my problem? How old are you twelve?
    Did you read my text and couldnt stay in context? It has nothing todo with balance, do you know the word balance? Apparently not.
    Of course there are problems ingame and that should be fix.(my last sentence in the first post).

But nothing can talk away the existence of the Annihilator. It will stay ingame for good.
  3. ABATTLEDONKEY

lol im sorry but im confused about whether you mean taking fun out of the equation with lock-ons, or whether or not you think mindless lock-ons are fun.
    • Up x 1
  4. CraftKing

yeah i agree with you to the part that tanks and aircrafts are 'powerful". other than that, all i can see is hypocrisy. why? a rocket is not powerful? irl and in game in general, rockets kick @ss. it is made to COUNTER TANKS AND AIRCRAFTS and of course INFANTRIES? see? THEY ARE MADE TO COUNTER YOU.

IMO annihilator is not OP. what makes it OP is a LOT of PEOPLE NOW USE ANNIHILATOR. to use the annihilator effectively, to kill a target, A TARGET (single) you need a group of people to do it at the same time. if not enough, the driver/pilot will just take cover, pull off and repair. basically the rocketiers just wasted their ammos.
    • Up x 1
  5. JudgeDeath

But 10 guys with ANTI-air or ANTI-tank weapons should tip the scales to favour the infantry.
  6. Revanmug

No. While I dislike them with a passion, at least those require "some" aiming.

Lock on weaponry in a FPS is a plague that is affecting more and more games.
    • Up x 1
  7. Tekuila

You're simply bad if you think the way things are now is okay. No other way to put it.
    • Up x 1
  8. NameForForum

I mean, that guy talks about mechanic, about common denominators, and equations...
    He forgets that this is a game, have fun.

Sometimes is mindless lock-on more fun.

What is said in the movie Matrix, the robots create the perfect world and it was a disaster!
    So a not perfect balanced world might be baby-proofed, you have to fight harder but with fun! Where is the white rabbit?
    In the equation? :(
  9. Captain Sandwich

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  10. RHINO_Mk.II

Fixed that for you.
    • Up x 2
  11. -a4-

TL;DR I got the gist of it from the title 'though. So, what SHOULD we complain about then?

Oh and tanks can't shell invisible (not rendered) infantry, they have to see them to kill them. Tanks always render for infantry before the infantry renders for tanks. Same for Air vs Inf. THAT is the reason for the complaining.
  12. CraftKing

then that issue is not about annihilators. it's the rendering issue. TR;DR my @ss. read it so you would be on the right tract man.
  13. Phazaar

OP has completely misunderstood both the actual complaint with lockons, and moreso the whole idea of balance in a game that is intended to be strategic, not just a one player versus one players should always be balanced, thing.
  14. Captain Sandwich

People seem to be complaining more about how adept the annihilator is at doing both tasks of anti-air and anti-ground. It's a bad comparison, but there's a reason there are rocket pods that do only air to ground or air to air. If they released rocket pods that locked onto both air and ground, who would buy either of the other two?

In a semi-related vein, I'm pretty pissed about the corvus. I bought the CME, it was an awful weapon. Instead of fixing it, they just released another weapon that does what the CME's job was supposed to be, only a lot better. Anybody who bought the CME before the Corvus was released got totally shafted.
  15. Rhumald

pretty sure the annihilator isn't people's problems anymore, since it has a new flight mechanic that makes it super easy to avoid... but if you don't have it yet don't fret, February promises a training map that'll let you test it to see what I mean by that.
  16. NameForForum

Ok look and read good. I spend my whole life with Balance in everything in my life.
    Real balance cant get from static values.
    If you want really a perfekt balance than you have to put all values dynamic!

A raw sample, very raw.
    1 Infantery in Area 100% Power in the Annihilator.
    2 Infantery in Area 80% Power in the Annihilator.
    3 Infantery in Area 75% ... you got the idea?

The Problem is now you have to calculate that to all important ingame values and all important game/balance world stuff.
    And all on the fly.
    Then you got real balance, but its more complicated as you may think, because there are more parts of balance.
  17. AZRainman

Next week: Jet packs and tank mines to be whined about.
  18. biterwylie

@OP

Did you every stop for even one second to consider that some players actually use aircraft, ground vehicles and play infantry. This issue is not about one side V the other. It is about game balance. Yes air was OP, that was changed. Now infantry is OP to the extent it breaks the game due to the annihilator, and I suspect other lock ons.

Can you imagine if the nose cannon on ESF auto tracked infantry? It would be a blood bath.
    • Up x 1
  19. NameForForum

Of course.
  20. Flarenza

So you should stop complaining then since it ISN'T guaranteed to work and takes some thought on when to fire it. If you fire it at the wrong time the missile just goes plowing into a mountain ahead of the ESF or right into the ground.