Vanguard aircraft humilation montage #2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by innociv, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Blackweb

I gibbed two mosquitos with the Titan on Saturday. BOOM! One shotted both of them while my outfit was camping the TR warpgate on Indar :mad:
  2. BengalTiger

It is, against Liberators it totally is.

Park up a hill and it's also medium and high altitude AA weapon as well, depending on the slope.

Yeah, they've also learned to stay above the max elevation of a tank gun and hover there, just above where I could aim (I will have to try rocking the [still looking for a name for the Vanguard, suggestions?] to get 'em, that's a cool move).
    They also seem to have some personal vendetta against me- I've had Liberators quitting spawn camping and charging at me when their buddy (not them) got hit by an AP round and had to flee.
    I wonder if they recognize me or if they just treat every Vanguard like that...
    The .50 cal and a gunner who can hit planes is a must have so those mosquitoes don't bite (AA guns are better, but they don't have the second function of shooting infantry from a turret down position because they can't aim below the horizon).
  3. innociv

Heh. I haven't tried it since the new patch. Obviously it's better, though, but I'm waiting for those framerate fixes.

Should definitely help against Mosquitos. Those are by far the hardest to hit with tanks.
  4. Takara

The prowler and Vanguard shell velocity after patch makes this very simple now :-/ it is almost to easy.
  5. innociv

Check the description and text on the video? =p This was all done before the update.

And yeah it makes it almost too easy within 200m, but the 500+m shots are still hard. I like it. And in those 200m shots, those are cases where the aircraft were flying badly. They shouldn't be that low near a tank. They should be above or behind.
  6. Sinoby

Some of the in-video comments made me giggle :) Thanks for video - very fun to watch.
  7. innociv

Thanks. =D Glad you like.
  8. FlayvorOfEvil

This guy I was riding with yesterday who's name begins with and L and is something paradoxical did that stuff 5 times during the 10 minutes I was with him. It's so awesome to see that kind of stuff.
  9. innociv

Yeah, one of those days that I was recording, the last I think, there were A LOT of Vanguards shooting up at aircraft. It was really awesome to see.

One of those is in the video. :D

Two or 3 tanks hitting a lib at the same time instantly drops it. It's really awesome to see.
  10. SinerAthin

A good rule to follow is that if you shoot at something enough times, you'll eventually hit it.

Make a rule of shooting at Aircrafts whenever there are no other targets available, and you are guaranteed(unless you are a complete and utter nitwit or an enemy of leprechauns everywhere, aka unlucky) a few hits/kills - eventually.
  11. Duff_Chimp

Still you realise your calculating the distance wrong. Well try not to let me rain on your parade, why can't I find your toon on the stats pages? Please link, I would find it interesting to see what your stats are. Seeing as you kill SO many aircraft...
  12. Arcanum

Pretty sure this guy can probably beat an aimbot. I'd like to see someone do better than him.

Actually, speaking of this... what was the Magrider's projectile speed back when they made the first nerf Innociv? I remember there was this guy who posted a Magrider ESF kill montage in beta which triggered a response from smedley himself about nerfing it. Unlike the guy I quoted this isn't an attempt at making a rain, I'm just curious.
  13. innociv

Back when I played Unreal Tournament, me and friends would trash aimbots all the time.
    I'm not nearly as good as I used to be though. =[

And I don't think the Mag projectile speed was ever change. It did used to have NO drop, but now it has the same 4m/s drop of all shells.
  14. Arcanum

Yeah, that was it. Guess no drop really did make it too easy.
  15. innociv

Yeah, you could just coordinate a burst from 3 mags(or 2 with sarons) and gib a hovering lib. Judging distance and using the appropriate drop makes things considerably harder.

The drop is easy once you "get" it though. But it ups the skill ceiling, which is good.
  16. innociv

17. innociv

Don't forget to subscribe instead of just like, too.

I'll have some awesome new stuff coming, plus some War Thunder stuff.
  18. CompletelyDeadCoyote

Man, you're awesome!
  19. Dimachaerus

I ******' Love knocking TRAF mossies out of the sky with my AP cannon. Literally makes me smile like a manic little kid who just found a bag of chocolate. Helps that there are so damn many of them of course, means I get ridiculous amounts of practice.

Scythes are also fun to knock down, but less common.

Libs/Gals... YUM, points for me! Found this one lil bastard of a VS named CSWIC (or something) who I'm fairly certain is useing "enhanced" programming to make his galaxy fly like an ESF. he rams any other planes out of the sky, will land really fast and switch to mortars to farm infantry, or just flat out squish them by slamming down onto them. Making him bugger off with the vanny, feelsgoodman.jpg

Love my vanguard named "Big Sister" AP cannon with 1.75 zoom, enforcer9wish iit would be a TOW since it lost it's lock-on) missile with 1.75 zoom, max mineguard, racer 3, shield 2, and timer redux out the yin-yang. I use the Indar Savanna camo, I think it's called that. it's the dark brown/green leopard spotted one. Blends in amazingly well in any kind of shade, or at night, and works well everywhere but Esamir.

I am SpaceRebel of PHX (Phoenix battalion) on Jaeger, and I approve of the OP.
  20. Sebyos

I do the same with a decimator. It's crazy how bad some pilot fly and how they dare blaming the AA after.