10,000 headshots!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mustarde, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Mustarde

Finally!!!

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=mustarde

Just hit 10k headshots today on SolTech - it has been a personal goal since I realized how much I enjoyed the infiltrator, and while I hope this doesn't sound too much like bragging, it was something exciting and I thought I'd share with you guys. Admittedly a lot of them came from crown farming, but I spent plenty of time popping melons all over indar, esamir and amerish.

I achieved most of the headshots with the SR-7 (default scope and silencer). I recently bought the RAMS .50 and used that for about 900 headshots, and the rest must have come from the assortment of other guns I have. I personally hate the RAMS (in comparison to the SR-7, which I talked about in another thread this week), so today I busted out the TSAR and the SR-7 to mop up 500 headshots and reach my goal.

My next infiltrator project is to get auraxis medals on all the guns available for our class. Someone earlier today posted medals for all the bolt actions so it's time to make the next hurdle to jump :)

Keep on sniping!

Mustarde

P.S. I am not the first one to hit 10k headshots. A sick sniper by the name of torokokill on Mattherson beat me to it 4-5 days ago. That dude has consistently been ahead of me for weeks, hes a sniping machine, and possibly the best one in the game. http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=torokokill
    • Up x 3
  2. RHINO_Mk.II

Congrats dude. I spend too much time in various classes and vehicles to have a goal so high, but I'm looking forward to my auraxium medal for the default HA rocket launcher. Screw them easymode lock-ons.
  3. ArcMinuteLight

If you have 10k headshots how do you not have every auraxis medal on every gun in your faction?
  4. Bloodmyth

Christ that's some achievement, where do you fight I would guess its around Ti Alloys and Crown as that's where most of the fights happen or at least there's always a fight to be had there ;) what's your next goal you've set?
  5. Mustarde

8000 kills with the SR-7 :) Thats when I decided I may as well use certs to buy the other rifles and round things out. I'll get the other medals eventually...
  6. DeusExMachina

Imho nothing wrong with a little bit of bragging if you have a good reason tbh.
  7. xylanth

Random some what related question. Why does PSU desplay BR-0 for some people. Is that supposed to be rank 100?
  8. Mustarde

The API from SOE isn't working right atm, so stats are off. I'm BR 62, definitely far far far from 100 lol.
  9. xylanth

Ah, Yeah I thought about it for a second and realized alooooot more xp is required. lol good to know tho. I Have a similar goal with auraxis medals with my combat medic. its a fun challenge playing with all the weapons, getting to know what they are capable of doing. Grats and GL on future endeavors!
  10. Liberty

I've seen you around, congrats on the 10K head shots! I like to check that stat page a lot and always caught your name in the head shot column to see where I was stacking up.

I started with the SR - 7 and moved over the the RMAS 50 (I'll have to find the post as to why you dislike it) but recently have been trying out the KSR - 35 and trying for some more close range infilitrating. 1 HS + 1 quick body for a kill is pretty nice at medium range using 1 or 2 x reflex sights. I might try out the bolt action that can ironsight as well just because its something new to try and mostly because screw bunny hopping hip firing with the SMG w/ advance laser sight.
  11. Bape

P.S. I am not the first one to hit 10k headshots. A sick sniper by the name of torokokill on Mattherson beat me to it 4-5 days ago. That dude has consistently been ahead of me for weeks, hes a sniping machine, and possibly the best one in the game. http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=torokokill[/quote]

No he isn't the best in the game or in the server in that matter. Its not me obviously since i only role CQC with my scout and smg but there are way better snipers then him and deadlier. Im not saying hes bad or anything but if you watch his video he only can shoot stationary target I know many snipers that can headshot moving target and they are mostly NC and TR.
  12. Dusty Lens

Congratulations on the 10k headshots.

Also a hearty thanks for always throwing out good thoughts in the various threads in this subforum. Yourself, Koolaid, Nuka (and others!) do a fine job of neighboring your obvious skills with sound suggestions and an obvious effort to maintain a good atmosphere around here. This class has a really steep learning curve and as such a lot of malcontent, it's epic to see how other people are succeeding to encourage one keep one at it.
  13. Mustarde

I don't want to argue about another sniper based on a video or two - esp since he isn't even participating in the discussion. I've watched his twitch stream and there are plenty of moving headshots, close quarters work and long range work. He is particularly good at repelling threats by having good situational awareness, use of proxy mines and recon darts, he kills lots of guys charging him with the pistol and good composure.

But you are right - volume does not equal pure skill and talent, not everyone can play as often- I've seen some crazy snipers popping guys off of their flashes or running all over. And for every guy recording their kills, I'm sure there are 3 others quietly letting the bodies pile up.

But it is nice to see a few people make it to the top ranks of their server as a pure infiltrator, for a while it felt like 85% of soltech's top 100 were all lib, esf and mbt operators (and a few hardcore HA's). So I like knowing that a sniper or two can get on that list too.

I couldn't make a post to celebrate my goal without recognizing another who silently surpassed that threshold and continues to march on.
  14. Ghoest

Grats on nice milestone.
  15. Prodigal

Congratulations. Now try the same thing, only with getting in a range where enemies can see you aswell and can shoot you back. Good luck.
  16. Stncold

Haha no. I duel Toro all the time and I can say he is definitely capable of hitting moving headshots. He is the best sniper on Mattherson no contest. I can't really think of anybody who gives me a harder time than he does that isn't a blatant aimbotter(and there are a few of those).
  17. Mustarde

"Congratulations. Now try the same thing, only with getting in a range where enemies can see you aswell and can shoot you back. Good luck."

Fine, I'll bite :)

Want to speculate the longest range my targets were at? Yeah, I thought so. Try again my friend :)

P.S. I know it's a terrible video. Sorry I suck at that stuff.
    • Up x 1
  18. DumarDomar

Oh man, that's dedication!
  19. Rodef

Sent you a grats in game on reaching 10K, but I'll do it here for the record as well.

As someone who has been on the unlucky receiving end of more than a few of your shots, I'm in awe of your prowess. I haven't played infiltrator that much (I favor engineer/medic), but I've played it enough to know that it's not as easy as it looks. It doesn't help that I'm generally terrible at FPS games anyways, but I play to have to have fun, not to worry about my stats.

I just hope that as much as possible of your next 10,000 comes from the NC rather than my head. :)

RodefOnline (Vanu Sovereignty)
  20. Vangelis

Inb4hackusations!!!

Grats bro!