Game locking up and crashing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Melete, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Melete

I just came back after not playing for 2 month's and now the game locks up and crashes after about 20mins of gameplay. Same crap that went on in beta. I am letting SOE know what problems are still going on. But will not be playing this game no more since they can't seem to keep the same game bug/crashes fixed when they do fix it. Game is a now a waste of time and money.
  2. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

I'd like to determine why it is you are experiencing these particular crashes. Can you provide the following information?

OS & Service Pack:
    Processor:
    Memory:
    Video Memory:
    Video Card:
    Video Driver Version:
    Sound Card:

Thanks!
  3. GeneralShakes

TSR-Jesse S,

I am really losing a lot of patience. Last weekend was a major patch, and subsequent sub-patches that helped stability. This new patch blew my stability all to hell. I crash consistently every 5-10 minutes, if I am lucky enough to get by the loading screen.

Specs:
    Win 7 Ultimate, SP1 (64-bit)
    I5-3570k
    16 GB DDR3-2133 RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB dedicated RAM (4GB total available), Driver - 310.90
    Sound card built into mobo (ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe) - Realtek High Definition Audio

I am to the point where I am now confused why there isn't a crash utility built into PS2. It seems like we should have something there that can collect driver info, hardware info, crash info etc....so you get the raw data and not what people feel like reporting in the forums.

Any chance of that in the future?

-Shakes
  4. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

We do have a method of collecting raw data, however it *does* involve that the user sends in a support ticket, given your system's specs (more than sufficient to play), I would suggest you do just that so we can give you some solid suggestions to get you back into a playable experience. Instructions to submit a ticket can be found in my signature.
  5. GeneralShakes

Further ideas on the crashing?
  6. GeneralShakes

Haha, I followed your link, clicked the "open a support ticket" link on that page, and the browser will go no further - too many redirects.
  7. GeneralShakes

Anyone? Anything on why the recent patch causes so many more crashes than before?
  8. BenYeeHua

Nope, as you don't provide more information about your computer, when the game crash like in the lighting etc.:)
  9. WyrdNexus

Sorry to necro this post, but I have nearly identical specs, even the same MB (i have the Plus, your have the Delux). I went through 5 weeks of back and forth with their support trying to figure this out, only to finally get a "we don't know, and can't investigate further without access to your computer."

Seriously thinking about trying to get a gGroup going about this, because I'm tired of not hearing any answer other than, "must be you."

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!newtopic/planetside2-win7-crash
  10. Rulistic