Vanu nerfs start to become too much? Vanu pop dying ;-(

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Asan, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Xasapis

Regarding the TR gun, the new decision is to keep half it's current speed. It's now basically a lot stronger saron at almost twice the speed, but on a platform that is immobile when sniping.
  2. huller

wait, what? you mean the common pool hallebard? or do you mean the vulcan, which is a chain gun. I think you mistook the glorious and just Terran republic for that corporate NC terrorist scum with their enforcerer. :p
  3. Xasapis

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/299710817820110850
    Prowler Lockdown velocity bug fixed, but we're buffing it from where it was "supposed to be". Now: +15/30/45/60% velocity for level 1/2/3/4.

So it goes down from 120% to 60% or roughly 400m/s.
  4. pnkdth

I'm not leaving the VS for some nerfs. Nerfs and buffs are just a part of game's life cycle.
  5. Xasapis

Not many do. Still, a 15% population drop is noticeable, mainly in the ability of your faction to operate in multiple continents with some success.

(Btw, if your world population drops from 33% to 28%, that's not 5% drop but 15% drop)
  6. NightmareP69

Thanks to the massive b*tching, mainly from the TR, they have pretty much killed an entire faction by crying to the developers.
    Good job TR, killing the game more each day with your over population on each server(40-50%) and constant complaining
    • Up x 3
  7. iamrob7

Yeah I've noticed this on my server also, the Vanu population is still reasonable, generally over 30%. Most of the time though the NC and TR populations are higher. It does seem the Vanu nerfing and TR/NC buffing has put a lot of people off. The only faction that ever had anything to complain about in my eyes was the NC and quite frankly their recent weapon buffs have left them very little to complain about.

However it might also have something to do with the wapgates, the VS now have arguably the worst warpgate on Indar, definitely the worst warpgate on Esamir and the best warpgate on Amerish (which no one cares about because Amerish is all about ghost capping).
  8. shakkar

incredible.
    you really believe that, do you?

you must be an american, only americans can do so...
    sure, he shot us - but that has nothing to do with weapons - it must be something else..
    omg...

on miller, tr is by far the most overpopulated faction, nc follows.
    must be because vs was/is so op...you guys are so annoying
    • Up x 2
  9. Jurav

Populations will change over and over. I know alot of people that play different factions on different days.

I play both NC and VS on different servers, but have been trying to stick with NC lately because it started getting confusing with my reaction time, since as VS I was trying to shoot my own faction by mistake.

It has nothing to do with nerfs or buffs, people just do their own thing. I know on Soltech, the VS population has been pretty much the same. During the U.S. Primetime the population is pretty level, during Asia Primetime, the VS tend to have alot more.

On Waterson, the VS have always been a little underpopulated whenever I am playing VS there, and I do not see much difference now either.
  10. Bindlestiff

No perhaps about it for me - Prowlers are just insane at the moment
  11. pnkdth

That's pretty much how you influence the game. Whine the loudest and most often = your faction gets catered to.

Much like the Ultimate Empire Showdown it isn't those that play the game that makes the difference, but rather how many votes you get that determines who's right.
  12. Nextic

Space murrica
  13. Asan

This has been a good thread.

A lot of off topic whining and meaningless BS. But a lot of good arguments have been made as well..

Look guys, I am Vanu for life and I still **** kids like crazy in my mag.. DO I think the nerf was that bad? No not really. The magrider needed a nerf. Did they overdo it? Yes.. Our MBT cannot stand toe to toe with other MBT's, and that is because we are supposed to be faster and more maneuverable. Honestly I think a great fix to the overnerfing would be to just increase strafe speed, but keep the mountain climbing the way it is now. A good MBT driver is able to spin his turret to match our strafing, so it's not a big deal if we have better strafing, it just helps us get behind bad tank drivers.

Would everyone be OK with a strafe speed increase? I think it is a good way to put us on an even playing field with the other tanks, without bringing back our insane hill climbing.

And finally... to SOE..

STOP NERFING VANU, OUR POPULATION IS DYING AND THAT SHOULD TEACH YOU SOMETHING!!
    • Up x 1
  14. centurionvi

What nerfs?
    • Up x 1
  15. Kakihara

Personally I like that we have lost so many scrubs players who have hopped on to the next bandwagon. Also it means Vanu are the underdogs and I like that. Besides the same will happen to another faction in a few months because SOE have not got a clue what they are doing and they listen to the crying window lickers on the here to much.
    • Up x 1
  16. Erik

Your an idiot if you think SOE dosn't have devs on every faction, and individual devs don't play multiple factions. You are aware that there are tons of devs at SOE right? Your an even bigger idiot if you think SOE isn't going to balance one faction appropriately because of lack of representation. They use more raw data than anything to balance.

Furthermore, the fluctuations we are seeing in the NC doing significantly better and the VS doing worse is mostly do to the awful Indar warpgate. I play VS an NC equally, neither was/is significantly OP or UP. MBTs are a different story but were never a game changer.

If you really want to get down to it, TR have the best SMG, Carbine, and Assault rifle while the LMGs are debatable. Regardless the differences are not enough to have a significant impact on the game due to team work > fire power and the differences among weapons being very minor. The biggest issues we have seen with balance have come down to having dedicated warp gates on asymmetrically balanced maps. Most the fighting takes place on Indar, thus whoever has the SE warp gate is the weakest faction.
  17. Tasogie

actually many are just switching to NC, they are faction jumpers who always move to the side that is perceived best.
  18. Erik

The problem is bad populations on EVERY server except for miller. At best the other servers see med pops. If servers have high pops, faction imbalances (which will always exist) will be less noticeable as individual continents have their own faction limits. You fill up a continent and at least on that specific continent, faction imbalances do not matter. Once we have more continents and remove these awful dedicated warp gates to allow cont locking, there are tactics you can use to hinder larger pop factions (assuming they merge servers before too many people leave out of boredom).

Fair weather players will always exist though.
  19. MurderBunneh

Nice reply oh the irony.
  20. Pat Cleburne

It should teach them that Vanu has a lot of the "everybody gets a trophy generation" playing for them that can't handle losing and takes their toys and goes home.

I've played on SolTech TR since launch. I've been on when TR held everything, and I've stayed on when VS started massively outnumbering everything and zerging us on a nightly basis.

Through it all with a crappy prowler and weapons that sucked compared to VS, we stuck with it.
    Yes we *****ed in the forums, but nothing like the crying, quitting and faction hopping that I have seen from the VS in the last week.