Cert refund

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by planitsider, Feb 6, 2013.

1. planitsider

I like most changes.
    But some things are not wort mij certs annymore.
    Like slug rounds ,magazine sice of the rotery.
    Ive worked for 1000 certs to get to the last magizine sice.
    The bigginners get 10 more rounds and every cert upgrade got smaller.
    Thets fine whit me but how it is now the last 1000 cert step isnt wort it for me.
    I think a lot of people have this. And i hope you can get a cert take back minus 10% or some ting.
    Or 100% take back after it was patched.
    Let me know wat you think.
  2. Arreo

Quoting for truth:

3. planitsider

Im not talking about op up weapons.
    if they change some ting a lot i think a cert refund would be fer.
    No money refund so it woulnd hurt SOE.
    Like i dit buy the Emp grenate.
    I count try it out i expected to disable shield generator or the shield it self for a fiew seconds.
    A lot of cert items and upgrades are porely explaind.
    So a cert mis buy happens a lot.
    So wat would be the problem to refund 90% a you certs on a misbuy.
    Or they should give you the option to try out cert upgrades as wel.
    Or a least give good info on the upgrades.
    Thake the infultrater tool,engemeer tool, regen device and all havy a shield upgrades
    It has noting to do whit op up or whatever.
  4. TheAppl3

Nothing stopped you from reading/researching to see what an upgrade does before you go and spend your certs/SC on it.
  5. Arreo

This. There are a ton of ways to research what you're buying.

And guess what, you're going to buy stuff that turns out to be horrible. It sucks, but that is life.
  6. planitsider

Your just set on taking the oposite side then me.
    Sure you can have a mis buy no matter how good they explain it to you.
    But wouldnt it be fair to you comunity to let them try out or get a refund when it is realy not as expected it to be.
    Mainly because al the change and bad info on some cert upgrades.
    Personaly for some cert upgades the whit testing where downgrades id take 50% certs back for the mis buy.
    I find id odd you dont see anny good in a idea like this.
    When i go to a car shop to tune my car sure they cant tel me how mutch faster it would run but if it would run slower after tuning woulnt you expect a refunt??
  7. Krabbette

Yeah its all good and well for those Ps2 "bittervets" o_O. I'd like my certs refunded from the infiltrator class and magrider because they are rooted and don't look to change in the future.
    • Up x 1
  8. planitsider

Im happy im not alone in this.
    Hopefully more people wil see it this way and reaply.
    Maby SOE wil reconsider giving certs back parcely.
    Its a bit bitter when you grind for days to get a upgrade thet is not what you think it was.
    Just a bad experiance for must gamers i think.
  9. LameFox

Though apparently something might've stopped you from reading the thread. The recent rotary changes added 10 extra rounds to the magazine, and reduced the effectiveness of the upgrades. Now not only is what they do less useful in general, they're less efficient at doing it.

This really isn't to do with something being overpowered as someone suggested upthread either. These upgrades weren't nerfed because they were too good, they were made redundant by changes to the weapon, then nerfed so they couldn't stack up to something ridiculous.

I don't really see this as an issue with individual patches as such, but it seems like a lot of people would be happier if we were able to re-spec certs on occasion, whether anything had changed or not. You could probably find some stuff you've certed and never use anymore, too. Why shouldn't you be able to re-allocate them? Certs are not like SC which you could take and use in another game as a sort of improvised refund, all you can do with them is put them toward something you've decided for whatever reason that you'd prefer to have - it could even be limited to transferring refunded certs directly into upgrades if that was a concern for some reason. It's a mild thing that would help people to enjoy the game and worry less about future changes.

Unless they're relying on dissatisfied customers spending money to make up for feeling like their progress has been wasted (which... wouldn't surprise me, but it certainly wouldn't encourage me either), there's not much in the way of downsides to it.
  10. L33T-T3CH

I really wish they would do a cert reset for everyone after all the bad or missing descriptions since launch
  11. Rago

To be honest imo, this is a pointless request.

Why ?

Play more and you get enough certs to cert what you want, there is no limit in gaining Certs, sure i also spent more than Thousand Certs in Stuff which i don´t use anymore or just klicked wrong because i drank a Beer , so what ?

Cert Refound:D no need.

Well this is just my Personal opinion no offense.
  12. planitsider

Wel i dont take it as a offence at all.
    And im not saying thet have to do it.
    I would just find it a good service to the communety.
    Sure i can live whit it but i am a big fan of this game.
    I can understand if for some players a thing like this could be the last drup.
    For me its not but we all know this game came out a bit to soon.
    And i see thet a lot of players stopt playing.
    So i think SOE would be wise to keep there custemers happy.
    And seeing the bad intel on the upgrades.
    Id try giveing players this option.
    They may think bij doing this theyl lose money.
    But i think bij keeping custemers happy theyl make more in the end.