So shotguns get a buff...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Grommel, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayabe

The damage was nearly zero outside of 5 meters. Whenever someone wants to demonstrate how OP autoshotties are they pull out some LA video.

LAs can close to lethal range and get the drop on people much easier than any other class - for an Engineer that isn't quite as easy.
  2. Antich

Well jackhammer should have overshadowed all other shotguns. 1. is nc faction weapon 2. is limited to heavy which are good shotgun users but as the clip demonstrates shotguns are way more devastating on light assaults. However even after the buffs and all, jackhammer is still gonna the the worse shotgun
  3. RazerKilll

i always play shotgun when i' m infantry.
    at range your f***ed just like the hacksaw its only good in CQ fights.
    but damn that guy has some skill in that video.

i dident see the buff coming but it sure will make it more fun fighting out doors.
  4. Scatterblak

Fair enough, but you have to bring the right loadout to the right fight. If you're going to be inside the base, close quarters/defense, etc., try a Pandora, but skip the scope and get the laser sight (and the extended mag while you're at it). The spread will tighten up and you'll be devastating up close, I promise. If you're doing base defense (like cleaning the walls at an Amp station or something), a Pandora with a scope will make you a devastating short range sniper - headshots are monstrous, and (to my knowledge) very little other than a max has a chance to survive an entire clip (extended clip - even if you miss a few rounds). I like the slugs in the Pandora with the laser sight when I use it (I use a Lasher a lot as well - great at long range if you tap each shot instead of hold the auto down) - it's pretty accurate shooting from the hip - I just wouldn't carry it out the gate into the countryside - that would be Bad™ :)
  5. TeknoBug

My NC has the Jackhammer... which I practically never use, time to dust it off.
  6. Haba

Wanna bet that they've now completely ruined my slug shotgun. The gun I had most fun with.

Here is a toast for your memory, old boy.
  7. RaZz0R

I just grew to love my Haymaker even more.... lol even more now with my slug ammo, large clip & sights lol
  8. BarxBaron

LMAO dear god. Makes me think of my meager 9-12 kill streaks in towers with lynx and make me realize I'm a complete noob.

Ugh that gun getting buffed.......good lord.
  9. Dulu

Exactly.

Really, no reason at all to use the Jackhammer over the Piston.
  10. JDS999

so all the shotguns got a buff bc the jackhammer was poor at being HA main gun..... oh that makes sence,, hrmm must be bugg i cant get slug ammo for jackhammer hrrmmm... lol, if they need money, makke the flame thrower for nc ill buy it
    nighthack slug ammo pwns jackhammers from certin ranges. again very small roll for JH, when can be light assult with piston soe snagged another one, off to buy piston sence battles rarly happen in open field and every cappoint shotguns can have the upperhand
  11. ritual

:eek:
  12. XRaDiiX

I can't believe they buffed shotguns i haven't bought any yet but they seem damn OP cause i always get insta-gibbed by them what is SOE thinking it's just ridiculous...
  13. Antich

That clip shows nothing about how good shotguns are, can make a point about how strong LA are maybe, but that is it. Any weapon at that range would have had more or less same result. Shotguns are supposed to be strong in 5m, otherwise why would someone use a weapon that can´t shoot over 10m. Shotguns were kinda balanced before buff and i dare saying the buff didn´t change much about how often they are used and how many kills they get on the field.
  14. Cupper2013

This almost made me quit the game. So pleased it is sorted!
  15. Caydn

shotguns great indoors , outdoors you die alot
  16. FnkyTwn

Shotguns got a nerf last GU.. so it seems that based on their overall
    stats that a slight buff is required to bring them back inline with other
    weapons. I seriously doubt they're balancing all shotguns against the
    Jackhammer, and it's probably just a needed tweak overall.

Shotguns are effective in CQC. Learn from it and Adapt to new things.

And yes, the constant ebb and flow of OP/UP is partially due to sales,
    partially to proper game balance and partially due to Dev ineptitude.

And that Video: Is from January. Shotguns have changed a lot since then.
  17. Morti

18. Kevorkian

Shotguns aren't getting a buff. You responded to a necro'd thread.
  19. haldolium

Guys.

Thread necro.
  20. SOE-MOD-08

Please do not bump old threads.

Thank you,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.