The Unspoken Infiltrator Code

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sylvanicus, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Sylvanicus

Is it just me or does it feel like there's kind of an unspoken code? I mean it's happened twice now that it's been just me at an enemy base doing something (sniping, hacking stuff, etc.) when I encounter an enemy infiltrator. Not from the faction that owns the base, but from the other one (I'm NC, at a TR base, and I see a VS infiltrator). He or she's doing basically the same thing I am.

Now I could, probably, kill them, but personally I don't. Both times I'm 98% sure they saw me too, but neither of us did anything. I know killing this guy is, at best, going to get me maybe a cert. Maybe. It's not going to do much and pragmatically I know that attacking him could get me killed, or injured, or give away my position, or waste ammo, etc.

Plus, in this situation, it comes down to the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Anyone else experience stuff like this? Or do you think I'm just a romantic idiot (which is certainly a possibility).
  2. Astraka

You're a romantic idiot for sure. ;)

I'm actually the opposite. Every infiltrator I see is a challenge; which one of us is the better cloaker?
    • Up x 1
  3. Plague Rat

Never had this happen before. Personally, my experiences with other infiltrators from opposit factions attacking the same base are like that of two male bettas in the same tank, a moment of eye contact and then one of us dies.

The closest I came to a situation like that was when I ran into a TR infi while attacking the crown. Neither of us shot at the other, but then a TR decoy grenade landed right next to me, and I was just like: "Oh you son of a..." and threw an EMP grenade at him, which if you didn't know will turn off an infi's cloak and drain it's energy. (yet not effect any other class's energy reserve, except turn off a HAs shield but they can just turn it back on) And we were so busy having our infiltrator sissy slap fight that some VS wandered by, he got noob tubed and I got shot in the face with a Pulsar. Seriously, what are the odds of two infiltrator's meeting each having taken the less than useful grenade options?
    • Up x 1
  4. Sile

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.
    • Up x 10
  5. OldOnyx

There is something special shared between two opposing infiltrators when they happen across each other. It may be as you pass through an out of the way door way from opposite directions or in the rocky terrain southeast of the crown, but it always sounds like this.
    • Up x 5
  6. Xuram

Well... This has happened to me before actually. I don't let them go everytime but yeah every now and again I'll just be like nah he's just doing his thing and keep walking.
    • Up x 1
  7. Meeka

Well, there was this time with a Vanu infiltrator..... we met under this giant tree, in the shade, during a huge battle for Alleys. And as bullets and rockets whizzed along the tree, occasionally peppering the ground with the soft twap twap twap... we sat there and enjoyed a moment, as we stared into each other's invisible eyes, looking each other up and down. Both of us, pistols drawn, wondering if the other was going to break and pull the trigger, but no.... we embraced, and made passionate love right there, with the earth shaking from the thunderous rockets and artillary nearby. Then, when we were done, we knew our love could never be and that our factions would never accept us..... so, we killed each other, and respawned as enemies once again. Only a part of this story is true, the rest of it was made up in my mind.

But, normally, when I see and infiltrator (and if they see me), it's usually from a very long distance.... and they look at me long enough to get that deer in the headlights look as my bullet surgically splits the left and right hemispheres of their brain.... the other option tends to be one of us is shooting the other in the back of the head caught unaware. Usually me.....
    • Up x 2
  8. Absoluth

For some reason, whenever i drop into an enemy facility (mostly towers), and encounter an infil from a third faction, i always manage to sneak behind him and blow his brains out. Every single time, i always catch them offguard. Don't think i have ever gotten into a 'both spotting eachother' situation Guess it's luck.
    Anyways, i have no problem wiping them, since i know for sure that if they had the upperhand, they'd do the same.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ztiller

I usually leave them alone if we are just sniping. If we, however, bounce into eachother while relocating, then i expect a Sidearm duel to commence.
    • Up x 1
  10. Blitzkrieg

If I see another Infiltrator I draw my knife.
  11. Dr. Euthanasia

I can respect any Infiltrator capable of getting close enough to an enemy base to encounter me. We've both got a job to do and any combat is a risk not worth seeking out, especially against an opponent with goals tangential to your own at worst and aligned with them at best. The few who fail to realize this tend to get shot well before I have the chance to do it, but every now and then I do see one.

Either way, I never fire the first bullet.
  12. MajorWinSauce

Usually the only times i see another infiltrator are when I'm staring up at them with the knife wound in the back of my head, or admiring the nice hole in their helmets i recently gifted them through my scope.
  13. GraphicJ

Nah I kill every infiltrator I see, then tea bag them for extra goodness. Even in my own team.

...:D j/k
  14. TheCF

Sadly, I'm a bit jumpy in games like this, so whenever someone not on my team shows up, they're shot down as fast as I can, and I often feel ashamed for having killed a potential, if momentarily, friend.
    Another thing I love about Infil meetings though is when you're both standing a distance from each other, staring down the scope at each other and for a split second it's the ultimate showdown of Infiltrator destiny.
    Even better is when, during the showdown, one opts to dodge instead of shoot and it becomes a long distance firefight instead.
    I had a showdown where both I and a Vanu Infil emptied a mag each at each other from our semis. I was the only one to hit, and I hit him with my last shot.
    He didn't die though, he packed up his stuff and left the outpost.
  15. nkenny

Sanctity of the infiltrators code. I have had a such an experience of the unspoken agreement amongst us fellow infiltrators, a bromance if you will. I had a deviously dared to cunningly creep up the rear entrance of The Crown. We had both arrived at the same time, taking similar, but different paths, our goals and tools ran parallel, only our faction separated us... well, except that he was in a MAX suit of course, and was trying to kill me, but thats besides the point I guess.

I still miss him.

-k
    • Up x 3
  16. RobotNinja

Well...at the moment with the devs breaking cloaking yet again, there is no such thing as better cloaker. It's more like...which of you is playing on Low Graphics settings and can snipe cloaked Infs clear as day?

If I can hear an enemy Inf firing or he's within radar range I go after them, regardless of faction.

I only lay off shots if I'm conserving ammo, have an extremely low likelihood of hitting them or if it will give away my position to other enemies much worse than a lone infiltrator.

Ever since the patch though, playing Infiltrator is like an additional skill challenge since every jack and jill in the damn game can see you cloaked or not, and in many cases can actually see you better if you're cloaked.
  17. Timeraider

I usually wait to see what the enemy infil does.. if he attacks, i attack back. If he goes hack something close to me.. i attack (MY TURRET!) .. if he walks away.. well.. cya dude, go kill some more enemies.. shoo :p
  18. exLupo

I don't see it so much in PS2 but in PS1 all the time. Knife fights or just a nod and a pass. But life was much harder there.
  19. ScorpDK

Been through a few of these. I personally leave other infiltrators alone if we're both in the 3rd faction's base and there are people running about outside. Firing a gun would just draw attention to our presence so you can see me holding my pistol/SMG in ADS, but not pulling the trigger unless provoked, waiting for the other infiltrator to move along. Sometimes it works, and we go our separate ways. Other times, it ends up with one of us lying on the cold steel floor, and the entire defending platoon looking for the survivor.

Also, anyone else thinks that kill-feeds should be suppressed for people using silencers, unless you're an ally of the killer, the target itself or either are in close range or have visual contact to the killer?
  20. Albatross039

Every time i see an infiltrator no matter of the distance ... he will be my next target. As an infiltrator, one of your job is to kill the enemy infiltrators.