US players on EU servers ruining Balance.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kameho, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Kameho

And this is what I exactly was talking about.
    If we limit the playerbase accordingly to the playerbase over all factions.
    We wouldnt be facing with theese problems with Euro raiders on american servers, and American raiders on EU servers. messing up the whole balance for night time play. I for one couldnt care less about continent being ninjaed during nighttime. I just want a more even fight, its really hard to defend a amp station with just 5 people, fighting off 30 attackers.
  2. Kameho

It would be nice to have fights 24/7. but this isnt the case, when one side have to many numbers, people log off and there will be even less people to fight against.
    I for one had a full squad going, but after being so ridiculously outnumbered, people just logged and cba playing anymore as its not fun fighting without standing any chanses to fight back.
  3. CptFirelord

Let me get one thing through your thick head. NO SERVER HAS FIGHTS 24/7. NO SERVER IS PERFECTLY BALANCED THE WAY ONE INDIVIDUAL SEES FIT. Now that you "understand that" get off the topic, and quit crying.
  4. bPostal

I will admit, playing while vastly outnumbered can be frustrating because you're not the one setting the tempo or choosing the engagements a vast majority of the time, the enemy is. Entire playstyles are simply nonviable and your list of places to effectively assault is limited.
    Honestly though, you could see 52% of a given empire on one continent no matter what time of day (or night) that it is. The only real option the game gives you is to leave and try a different continent because there is no global lattice to force players into a given area.

Try doing what I do in situations like this: Leave. Play a different game, any game and don't bother with PS2 until the 'need' to play hits you again. PS2 has been described as the 'fast food' of the Planetside franchise (if two games can make up a franchise) so there's no reason to expect this game to sustain hours upon hours of play, day after day, week after week.
  5. Kameho

well I do agree that you shouldnt be forced to play day after day.
    However, I do not like when a game Encourages players to Leave due to reason that teams are completely off-balance. And this situation was even worse. Sure, you had 52% on Indar, but on Amerish and Esamir it was the same and even worse. So you had no alternatives to jump on. And its not like jumping on the NC character would help either.
    Nor would jumping on the VS only making a bad situation already worse. And where is the fun in fighting pretty much nobody?

Sure I jumped off to another game in the end. But I do not feel like leaving just cause I dont stand a chanse. And I enjoy putting up a good fight, even if the odds are against you, but there is a limit on how much odds you can have against you, and when people start leaving instead of joining to even out the numbers, it dosn't really help a already difficult situation.
  6. bPostal

Understandable but this game, on many levels, encourages you to quit while your ahead anyway. Try fighting to the last man like you would in Planetside...it just doesn't work. Base (and continent) design is angled to keep the fight moving. You can't do tower or gen holds. You can't stonewall the zerg and good luck trying to coordinate on an empire-wide scale.

It's one of the reasons I keep an alt character on the US servers even though my outfit is on Miller. If server A is ****** (for whatever reason), go to server B. I know this, you know this. Not many people are happy about it, but it's where SOE wants to take the game and there's nothing we can do about it.
  7. Kameho

well that was the whole reason for me making this thread.
    It was not about VANU NC OR TR hogging all the continents. its to bring up a issue not so many people bring up, to busy whining about magriders/prowlers/esf/libs OP VANU OP TR OP NC whatnot.

Its about something as simple as Limiting players for the highest populated faction so that the fights wont turn overly one sided in ps2.