Planetside Annihilators

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Belkor, Feb 5, 2013.

1. MarkAntony

I see people still don't understand the meaning of P2W. How sad. Hint: if you can get everything without paying it's not P2W.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pannath

There is nothing wrong with the annihilator, the people crying are either bad pilots or poor sports who miss being able to get 50 plus kills in a figher before dying. A quarter of the enemy pilots on my server are good enough to deal with the annihilator. You either a) use a flare and afterburner to get out of range, b) hug the ground use and maneuver around trees and rock formations and hills to run the missile into obstacles thus destroying it. It already takes 3 missiles to kill a fighter, more for a larger aircraft. And anyone who says "out of render range" just has a crappy video card. Lock on range is well within render range for me for infantry and aircraft.
    • Up x 3
  3. PS2Freak

exactly what i think. there is still medicine to annihilator.
  4. RobotNinja

I know right? Everyone...who is ANYONE...knows that breaker spam, sitting hundreds of meters away in a tank, behind rocks and next to a resupply sunderer and spamming at enemy spawnrooms and Libbing over enemy spawnrooms, outside of render range and nowhere near threat range is tots where the real skill is.

Now the absolute and appalling gall of these anni-spammers is beyond words. That they would refuse to let themselves be swarmed, camped and farmed to death repeatedly and instead put up a fight against these courageous warriors barely within render range whose only allies are the 100 vehicles next to them is just more than words can describe.
    • Up x 5
  5. Pannath

You want an example of how to avoid an annihilator? Go watch Planetside 2 Friday Night Ops 16 when Jimmy is flying a scythe. You seem him hanging out way up high in the sky? No, he hugs the terrain, and doesn't fly in straight lines. Because he's a good pilot, not a cry baby who screams nerf to help compensate for their lack of skill.
    • Up x 3
  6. Monnor

No i just use the areas to hide n strike, i have to deal with alot of lock ons, other ESFs, and so on , but i dont whine around. I just get into new tactics for attacking, the age of hover and spam is over, which i never really did, cause im mostly infantry, and know it sucks, i was always a tank hunter.
    • Up x 2
  7. Monnor

The point is, you dont even know what pay to win means.
    • Up x 2
  8. Cinnamon

ESF pilots who just think they can hover in place and saturate the ground with fire are meat anyway without annihilators unless they are part of a zerg and the fight is already won.

But now you can't play any sort of air superiority role decently. Stop ground hugging and intercept and you get a chain of surprise damage from g2a missiles and die. Aside from the fact that it isn't worth it because ground does the job much more efficiently with less down time.

And you want to play tank hunter? Guess what one of the main tactics for that is? Dive bombing outside the arc of fire of their cannon, not noe. Noe can be good sometimes when terrain is in your favour but a good pilot should have a tool box of strategies. I see so many average ESF pilots now playing noe tactics and just getting blown away by tank shells to the face.
    • Up x 1
  9. Pannath

I'd pay to see that tank shell to the face... lol. Silly pilots noob pilots who cry about their missing cert farm, pay back is a ***** isn't it?
  10. EvilPhd

It was fine until they shortened the lock time. I could understand the speed increase and better tracking, but the lock time decrease enabled everyone to have nearly instalock weapons. Now I would say over half the ground crew carries them with. It was an overbuff on top of all the other air nerfs they did.
  11. Cinnamon

Come near my tank in a Scythe and I'll show you. :rolleyes:
  12. Pannath

I will... I'll crash it into your tank, bail in a light at the last second and c4 your tank if it survives the impact.
  13. Crysander

14. Belkor

This is a blatant lie. Ground vehicles and aircraft firing from outside of render range? Are you serious? The server gives priority to rendering vehicles over rendering infantry. Infantry will always render tanks/aircrafts before the tanks/aircrafts render the infantry. FYI any weapon that requires actual aiming is more skilled than point in general direction & click annihilators.
    • Up x 1
  15. Belkor

Typical lie from an unskilled annihilator spammer. PS2 is currently coded so that vehicles and MAXes have higher render priority. Infantry always renders vehicles much sooner than the opposite.
    • Up x 1
  16. KAHR-Alpha

The constant farming made me put money in the game for the very first time, just to be able to have decent AA capabilities, so I bought a Grounder (not an Annihilator, I don't hate tanks), a Skyguard and the second Burster for my MAX.

And if I couldn't have that, then I'd have rammed every lolpodder I could spot with a galaxy.
  17. kucookachu

How is it pay to win when you can use certs to purchase all weapons. Idiot.
  18. Shotgunjoe

Wait...you are talking about the "lolpods" or lock A2A there, aren't you? :D
  19. Belkor

Rocket pods are dumbfire and require some degree of aiming. Lock-ons are point in general direction and click so that would include A2A and annihilators.
  20. Bejita231

aim an annihilator at a zerg of 50 tanks, wait 5 seconds, and maybe do 15% damage to one tank, and if you try to use it on a tank at close quarters you wont do any damage and youll die, also max suits will hard counter you with a annihlator

yeah that really compared to liberators and HE tanks who farmed 100s of infantry gaining 1000s of certs per day

get out of your tank and counter the infantry who are countering your tank spam, and stop being a terribad player
    • Up x 1