Anyone else feeling the sense of hopelessness?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Braveliltoaster, Feb 5, 2013.

1. BOOKEN

I feel you. I been playing 20+ years. All types of games.

The conclusion I have come to is this:

Some hacks are patched without anyone knowing and very rarely do you get a response from the devs.

Some hacks are ignored. Dare shall i say purposefully?

What kelly0481 said about the guys that slip through the cracks are the "pros". Able to stay undectected, only use certain portions of their hack software and get away with murder (pun intended). Could it just be, that if these twits have the money to buy a cheat they also have the money to spend on the game?

Proving hacks are more rampant than the average player who says "I harderly see it" is easy. Been there done that.

But proving other motives are near impossible. If you only believe half of what you read then look up some confessions from employees/companies professing that they are even the ones who create some of the hacks to begin with. Does that sound far fetched? Nope not to me.

Aside from all my "opinions" lemme give you guys 1 undesputible fact.

These cheats/hacks can be patched. Some are and some are not. If you can get past that then you must ask yourself why that is. Then take the time to write anyone that can make an impact and demand action.
  2. Rogueghost

There's a number of ways that it can be solved, but none of them practical, such as making it so we can only play planetside in SOE hosted buildings on SOE registered PCs, would that stop hacking- yes, would it be worth it- not in the slightest.

Or maybe tracking down the cheaters and beating them within an inch of their life, but that would cost millions of dollars, is against the law in almost every country on Earth, and there will be a lot of false positives.

Using practical means, no hacking can't be stopped, but it can be slowed down by a lot, the more hoops a cheater needs to jump through, the less likely they are going to try to make a new account, or cheat in the first place.
  3. HadesR

You will never stop the pr0's .. Ie: The One who make the hack's but those are few and far between .. It's the lemming noob's who buy the hacks to cheat you need to target .. Such as by CC or mobile verification .. 100% fool proof ? no .. But to much work to bypass for your average brain dead script kiddie
  4. Haba

Sure.

My PS2 experience yesterday. I log on, play a little. Eventually I run into some BR40+ on a corner, shoot him in the face. He starts yelling about aimbot and how he has reported me. At that point, my KDR is 1:20. I wish him the best of luck and log off, disgusted by the whole game.
  5. evilduck

guys really... get a grip

i have played nearly 200 hours now
    i ve seen 4 obvious hackers/cheaters
    i ve encountered 3 guys that were a bit too good for my taste, but maybe they are...

thats 7 "cheaters" (4 obvious/3 dubious) in 200 hours gameplay... or 1 hacker every 27 hours. in other words i encounter 1 hacker every week i play. that is a pity but far far away from the doom and gloom scenarios you all are so obsessed about

as a sidenote, the guys i have reported/put a ticket in, are all gone

a more prelevant problem for me are the "funnybones" grieving in the warpgate and some a s s h o l e s that think its a good tactic to switch sides and go on a tk spree to soften up the defenses. that lame and low and you are loosers (and you know it). pretty hard to report and the customer service directs to the weaponlock mechanic which is NOT a solution to this paticular problem.

but maybe europe has just a better/fairer playerbase? dont know.

cheers evilsduck
  6. Ash87

You sir, are easily offended.
  7. Ash87

Someone expounded on this better than I could, already back on page 1.

Frankly, I know there are hackers, but I haven't seen many that I would call out as being Obviously hacking. I would put my personal number around 3... but that is my experiences. Apparently on some other servers people see 30 to 50 at a time or something, at least that is what I'm taking away from the language being used.

Going to throw out a few statements that account for my understanding. The game doesn't have active GMs, or Very active GMs. Most of the hackers are kids that jump at the fist sign of punishment. Most of them probably don't even have the technological know-how to consider what they are doing as wrong. There are numerous people who have posted videos that have gotten attention on Youtube. Numerous people have had their forum posts removed, because they used incendiary language and youtube videos to draw attention to the fact, like it was either A.) An affront to society as a whole, or B.) grounds for suing SOE for some diluted reason.

Honestly, I don't think it is -That- big of a deal. If you are having issues with these sorts of people, go somewhere else. If you are on that one server that is supposedly like 50% hackers, then I'd advise getting one of those tokens coming up when they are offered.

Of course, I don't really think most things are that big of a deal, just the way I roll.
  8. Bill Hicks

There is an obvious hacker on helios from the VS, still hasn't been banned. He's smart and uses toggle hacks, so hes not too obvious; but veterans can spot his magical aim.
  9. Caydn

actually seen less hackers lately on briggs but more tkers
  10. OutbreakMonkey

I'm seeing at least one cheater every day on Briggs. A couple are still on even though I and others reported them over a week ago. I'm really regretting that premium membership. Don't see myself playing this game much longer.
  11. sunflight

I'm very willing to be patient about the hacking issue. I understand that preventing hacking is very difficult and time consuming, and not a business priority at all.

Just wondering why repeated hackers who have been reported dozens times are not banned. It seems to me that certain types of hacks are tolerated while others are not by Sony. Whats up with that?