infiltrators love inbound....at some point

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Azrael67, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Azrael67

So, @higby has tweeted that maxes are scheduled for some loving in March and hinted that our beloved ginger stepchildren could be next. initial thoughts are that we as a community need to feed into this revamp as positively as we can.
    .. So here's our chance.
    • Up x 1
  2. Astraka

I would like to see what a 'badassified' infiltrator looks like in their opinion. I'm worried, but hopeful.
    • Up x 1
  3. exLupo

Where's LA on that list? Infil could use some fluffing but at least there's both a special and a utility. LA just has a special.
  4. Dr. Euthanasia

I would be hesitant to call our cloak "a special". Special as in "special needs", perhaps, but it's certainly not comparable to the LA's jetpack.

As for a badass infiltrator...
    • Up x 4
  5. exLupo

You not liking the cloak doesn't change the situation. LA's been in the hole since beta; at least Infil's got a full kit. Gotta wait your turn to make sure everyone gets a fair shake. In regards to unfinished classes, it's MAX and LA. Infil's finished, just not polished.

"Have no fear 'cause Bond is... Black."
  6. Amouris

Finished like a cake with a doughy center filled with bacteria.
  7. Aimeryan

Finished? What are you smoking? Vehicles are without a doubt the metagame currently, especially sunderers. Infiltrator can do jack-**** about them - how is that even closed to finished?

All you've done is counted slots and said "Oh look, LA doesn't have enough slots being used", completely disregarding that the level of power of the slots you do have is far more important than the number.

Now, if infiltrators could do something about vehicles I would say it is arguable who would need more attention out of them and LA - one has a crap special and crap utility, the other has an awesome special and no utility. But when LA can take care of sunderers by themselves, while infiltrators can't even chip the paintwork, there is no contest in which needs more love.
    • Up x 1
  8. Jac70

I think the Infiltrator's EMP grenade should have the ability to disable a vehicle for a period of time. Maybe 30 seconds to a minute.

Plus the cloak needs to be looked at - make the noise quieter at range or a new cloak that is permanent if you don't move.
    • Up x 2
  9. Helwyr

Yes it's quite possible SOE's "love" could leave Infiltrators with a bad *** not "badassified." The distinct faction cloak noises being the example of love I don't want. It's 'Infiltratification' of the class that's needed, not "badassification".
  10. exLupo

Less caffeine there, champ. You're getting a little too excited. Infil's got all its pieces. Just because you aren't satisfied with them doesn't mean they aren't there.

LA can take care of sundies in the exact same way Medics can and in less ways than HA and Engi. C4 isn't a LA ability so using it as a "You're fine, get to the back of the bus." doesn't fly. Even if they can, ho ho! Barring Peter Pan squads and one-off mineguard sundie attacks, organized outfits have very little use for Light Assaults. Infils bring hacking which is a cornerstone of attacks through being able to pull AMS and provide resupply points. LA can do what everyone else does, just from funny angles which is great for a few kills and then someone looks up and the show is over.

If you're saying that you want Infils to be able to take care of vehicles, Higby already said they're looking into ways for every class to have some kind of impact on them. Be patient, it's coming.

If it would do 15s of no hud, that'd still be something. Most players go totally sideways when they don't have crosshairs. It'd be on par with flash grenades, imo.
    • Up x 2
  11. Skin

C4 for infiltrator maybe or let us hack vehicles (even if we have to max the hacking certs to do so) like we could in PS1. will they ever bring doors back? :D

fix or replace that sensor dart that does nothing. REPLACE PLEASE!

fix our bugged cloak. (on low settings you can see a cloaked infiltrator from a mile away)

if the delay before shooting when uncloaking is a bug then FIX IT!

Melee boost anyone?
    • Up x 2
  12. TheCF

According to Roadmap, LA and MAX are the ones getting loved in Mgarch, which fits with what's being said here about LA needing love before us, and gives a perfect possibility of Inil being loved next. And I think it makes sense.
    Let's hope the love we're gonna get will be sweet.

Edit: Wait, nevermind, just read the tweet and he states that MAXes are up instead of Light Assault, followed by "Infiltrators next?"
  13. Nimas

To be honest, I feel that both LA and Infiltrator have pieces missing. Its true that LA don't have a support item, which is certainly unfair compared to other classes, I also feel that we don't have an infiltrator yet, merely a sniper.

I'm not sure who should be looked at first, but honestly I'd think I'd prefer to maybe have infiltrator first, then have LA be given something that would make them more effective vs the revamped cloak. I suppose it depends on what the devs primarily want the LA to be, an information gathering class, a skirmish class or a mobile anti-vehicle class.

And on EMP grenades, possibly a good thing would be to have initial explosion lock weapons for 5 seconds, HUD restored at 10, full power at 15, depending how close the vehicle was to the explosion. I also would say it should cause any aircraft to completely lose power for maybe 5 seconds basically ensuring a kill in many situations. Of course, to get those pesky things flying high, you're gonna have to drop from a galaxy :D
  14. JerethRavyn

So back on topic from the Inf vs LA pissing contest....

The cloak ability needs some attention. With such a short duration cloak, make it truly invisible to all optics (possibly even shorten the duration to balance it). Add a new long duration (permanent) cloak with the current cloak's visibility (seen easily while running, picked up by the IR/NV scope, etc). In both instances, the cloak should auto-break when trying to interact with something (hacking, firing, etc). If you don't make it auto-break, then get rid of the noise.

Oh, and take the medic's C-4 and give it to the infiltrator. Surely this must have been a mistake...
    • Up x 1
  15. Astraka

This information is a recent post from Higby's twitter page. The roadmap has most likely not been updated to reflect this. As to LA needing badassified, I think they're badass enough as is. Most people who play the LA are happy with the class, which is in stark contrast to how most infiltrators feel. LAs need a tool so that they are on par with the rest of the classes, but in no way do they need a complete overhaul like the infiltrator & MAX.

Just check the Roadmap referencing the LA review, most of the top rated posts are all suggesting infiltrators go first.
  16. Crocobutt

Sounds reasonable. I've invested quite a lot into an infiltrator but then went to play LA since it's a lot more fun. Insane mobility, stronger shields/armor, C4. Honestly, I do hope a dev or a rep read your post here and they actually consider these points as valid.

Medics with C4? That was the weirdest combination ever, to tell the truth. Medics, even as Combat Medics, are usually with a squad, healing them up and providing support fire. While infiltrators would have a choice between destroying a target or hacking it, depending on the situation. And with the new redesigned spawn rooms and such, it's become more difficult to deploy a sundy near an amp or a tech, so, having infiltrators scouting about would be cool. And people would actually use their AI mines to protect sundies from approaching infiltrators while they'd have to shoot them down, thus exposing themselves. Wouldn't that be awesome?
    • Up x 1
  17. Nimas

I can see medics with c4, if only to prevent the problem that infiltrators currently have. There is no way for them to deal with vehicles (outside of a few limited conditions) beyond switching to another class.
  18. JerethRavyn

Proper way a medic deals with vehicles:

Heal/Rez the guy using the C-4...

Seriously, if you're argument for giving medics C-4 is that every class needs a counter for vehicles, then why doesn't the infiltrator have one? As a compromise I'd be fine with letting medics keep their C-4 and give some to Infs as well.
  19. Astraka

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that was his point.
  20. Nimas

Thank you Astraka :D
    • Up x 1