Resource change makes vehicle purchase almost imposible if you are on the underdog team

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlackWidow, Feb 5, 2013.

1. BlackWidow

My server is dominated by the TR for the simple reason that they have more population. This has never bothered me until recently. I actually picked the server for the lack of population for VS so that I would always have something to shoot at but now with the resource changes I'm forced to play as infantry. This is getting boring and I don't see me being able to continue playing nearly as much if I'm limited to only infantry.

In my opinion if you are out-populated then you should have bonuses to resources to help to not be steamrolled. I don't mean small increases. I mean if your server has 75% TR and you are VS then you need a significant increase to be able to try to hold any territory. This has only been a problem recently since the latest resource changes. I really didn't have an issue until recently but now I really don't even want to play the game since I can only buy a vehicle twice a day.
    • Up x 1
  2. Hael

The way resource gain is tied to continent has always bothered me. If I try fighting on a gated continent I quickly run out of resources and end up just idling on my factions "owned" continent for 10 minutes or so for maximum resource gain. Once I'm "recharged" I can head back and try again.
    • Up x 3
  3. BalogDerStout

The irony of the situation is that the more population and more territory you own, the less benefit you should get for the game to self-balance. While the fewer territories and population effectively gain a bonus.

This would or course remove the desire to actually cap territories and 'win', but then the game would have a method of self correcting for balance.
  4. Zer0range

Just warp to a continent dominated by your team and idle at the gate until you've filed up your resources. Fill your idle-time with writing BS on the forums, but have a timer remind you every five minutes to jump bak into the game to collect your paycheck.
  5. Sowahka

I think that once a faction owns a low number of hexes it should go into "critical condition" where it drains 1/3rd of all resources from the other two continent's owned hexes. This stops people from leaving when they're warpgated since they can still get resources to spawn vehicles and encourages people to join the continent that's about to be capped so that it removes the resource debuff from the other two continents.
  6. UberBonisseur

What resource change are you talking about ?
  7. FateJH

Soldiers using blitzkrieg guerilla tactics. Small arms fire flying every which way at things with two feet, and missiles flying every which way at anything that doesn't have two feet, supported by Combat Medics; and, well-defended AA MAXes shooting at anything not anchored to the ground, supported by Engineers; all powered by Ammo Drops. LAs flying over the walls. Infiltrators rushing the place and smoking out otherwise locked-down rooms. The S-AMS? Finally, extremely valuable! Get one and hold onto it for dear life, because it's still uphill from there.

... just talking off the top of my head. Heaven forbid Infantry have any fighting chance against Vehicles.
  8. Hael

Just a heads up: if you idle while sitting on a flash at the warpgate I think you can sit a LOT longer before timing out.

Also, I've gotten cap xp before when idling at a base and being logged out, but refusing to hit the button that pops up. I THINK (can't confirm) that when you are idled out you aren't actually "removed" until you accept it.
  9. Zer0range

You have to be in-game at the time of deposits (every five minutes) or you won't cash in.
  10. Inverness

If the only way to make the resource system fair is to deprive other people of resources for playing well, then the system is obviously flawed.

Here's a suggestion: resource levels.

All bases and towers would have a resource level depending on what they provide and what hexes are connected to it. These resources would apply to the location and you would not have them yourself. For example, pulling a MBT might require that location to have at least 10 Mechanized connected to it. Which means you could either capture one base that would provide 12, or capture several smaller territories that add up to 10.

I though this would be improved if resources were changed so that they were instead Metal, Energy, and Tech (or something similar), and different vehicles would require different combinations of each available to spawn them from a particular location, with the warp gate being able to spawn any.

Edit: Additionally, to avoid vehicle spam, add a minimum certification requirement. But this also needs to come alongside a way to refund certs if you don't like the vehicle, and a VR training area for vehicles so you can try them out, just like in PS1.

I say no to the spawn timer only starting after you lose the vehicle because in PS1 this didn't exist and it was perfectly fine because everyone and their mother couldn't spam vehicles.