The new NC SMG is great, perfect for light assaults.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Craig1287, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Dkamanus

Mostly because of that and Under Barrel Smoke Greandes are so much useful for the LA that makes the SMG a second handgun. It is a great addition for the Infiltrator (use it almost exclusively) but there are better weapons for the rest of the other classes.
    • Up x 1
  2. Big Cyz

GD-7F > *
  3. JP_Russell

The TR SMG has the lowest raw DPS of the three. The VS SMG has the highest and the NC SMG is in the middle.
  4. Locke

For anyone thats interested (and because I worked it out the other day for a different post) here are the top 5 guns for each type in terms of pure DPS:

Top 5 Assault Rifles
    1. Cycler TRV - 2013 dps
    2/3/4. GR22, HV45 & TAR - 1906 dps
    5. Carnage BR, T1 Cycler & T1B Cycler - 1787.5 dps

Top 5 LMG

1/2/3. Orion, T9 Carv & MSW-R - 1787.5 dps
    4/5. EM6 & Anchor - 1670 dps

Top 5 Carbine Rifles
    1/2. GD-7F & Serpent - 2013dps
    3/4. LC2 Lynx & VX6-7 -1906dps
    5. Trac-5, Trac-5 Burst & LC3 Jaguar-1787dps

If the figures posted in that video are correct then the AF-14 has 1804 DPS which while certainly in the higher range isn't anything to get worked up about compared to weapons already in the game. The only class it betters the current CQC dps on is for NC HA but then I doubt that many of them will be giving up their LMGs or maybe Jackhammers for a 25/35 SMG. Infiltrators is the only place the balance for these weapons really matters.
    • Up x 1
  5. Craig1287

Yea, the GD-7F is great and all, but the AF-4 stands out for two reasons; 1) due to the crazy low recoil and tight bullet spread, the AF-7 can pull off headshots with ease as well as is not as effected by the twitch effect when getting shot, & 2) because it can get the extended mag and have 35 rounds (while doing more damage 167vs143) it is easier to take on more enemies. Yes, the GD-7F will win 1v1 more often but AF-7 can flank 3+ people and take them out before a reload. It is a situational gun. Before going into a fight, you should ask yourself, what kind of situations am I more likely to run into? For smaller battles, I take the GD-7F. For medium to large scale battles, I now go with the AF-4.
  6. Zaik

Nice to have an actual hipfire weapon heavy assaults can use rather than the anchor which just pretends to be. If they hadn't changed the jackhammer this patch I would've probably bought it.
  7. AnnPerkins

every TR death to the GD-7F should be retracted and every kill NC got from it removed. That is not a NC weapon.
  8. Turiel =RL=

Bait and switch!

Remember these words...in a few weeks you will remember them.
  9. Craig1287

I rarely play as HA, or any other class for that matter since LA is just too good at flanking, and I keep seeing people talk about using the AF-4 for HA, so I need to check that out.
  10. Zaik

It's not that it's particularly special for HA's, although having the shield certainly helps. It's more that HAs have garbage for hipfire weapons because of the LMG curse. It's a problem for all factions, just more obvious for NC HAs because NC gets the NC hipfire inaccuracy curse on top of the LMG curse.
  11. PS2Freak

Yes. Rof. and hard to get kills with that. i also checked TR and VS smgs. Gr22 of nc medic is something what i like. (it works = get kills) .. my main Lmg now em6.
    Played with TR and VS char as Infiltrator + Smg = constant kills. Tryed Infiltrator + NC Smg = no constant kills......

really hard to be nc :)
  12. Isila

SMGs are absolutely amazing for what they're intended for: close-range high-mobility fighting.

From the TR perspective, the Armistice has a bit less raw DPS than the Lynx or the TRV -- but it does that while not caring whether you're moving (same COF either way), having exceptionally little ADS movement penalty, and having less recoil and tighter COF than either of those weapons when on the move. I've been having great success with it, it really does work wonders in a high-mobility playstyle that is never not strafing around rapidly.
  13. Obscura

Play with the SMG for a day and tell me with a straight face that it's anywhere near OP, the 3 SMGs probably are the most balanced weapons in the game right now. It was the only thing SOE nailed in this patch. I've got 400 kills with the SMG already, 25% accuracy, and I can safely say there are many guns out there that outclass it in CQC
  14. SolLeks

I have been running with the SMG on almost all my classes (trying to get the aux metal with it). I really enjoy it, its not super gimped at long range but it is less effective than my NS-11A at range.
  15. illgot

I love it on my infiltrator, maybe light assault but I do enjoy my shotgun and slug option for the LA slightly more.

For the first time last night I was using my infiltrator as more than a sniper and loved every moment of it.
  16. Karragos

I will check the video later today when I get a chance, and am looking forward to looking at it. I have tried the SMG though, and I still prefer either the GD-7F or Piston. Actually, ever since I got the hang of it, I'm liking the ACX11 or whatever it's called. This SMG though is absolutely great when I use it on my infiltrator. I still make the boneheaded mistakes of staying in the open and getting killed, especially withe the gimped cloak atm, but when I get behind people, this thing is a killer.

Also, thanks for the reviews that you and others post on YouTube. They have really helped me not only in gameplay, but seeing the strengths of weapons that I would not have otherwise seen on my own. I thought the ACX11 was a chump gun due to only 20 rounds and a semi slow fire rate. It's now my preferred weapon of choice next to the Piston for Light Assault.
  17. Craig1287

Glad to have helped you out. That's why I do the videos.
  18. {joer

[IMG]
  19. Zanduh

What are the stats of the vs smg compared to the other 2? At first I was really happy with mine, but it became very situational quickly
  20. Craig1287