ReachCast Episode 19 - "Jump Jets, Fixed Again"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Noxx(ia), Feb 5, 2013.

1. Noxx(ia)

[IMG]
    No cats were harmed during the recording of this episode

Hi guys and gals! We're back with another episode of ReachCast. Big spoiler here, we talked about release 2. Who'd-a-thunk? We recap some of the questions that Maggie and Jimmy answered on FNO and again, a big thanks to them for wearing our ReachCast T-Shirts :) <3. We also have a new story by Torkz for Stories from the Battlefield. Let me tell you something about this. He prerecorded it and had sounds added to it. I was calling him a cheater because there are no nerves of having to read it without editing. But this was awesome. I'm a little nervous about how he upped the anti when I read my new story next week. We have a contest related to Stories from the Battlefield for a $15 game card. So don't miss out!

All TR will be receiving their shirts as we've reach our goal and then some. Good work guys! We appreciate it.
    NC and VS though...come on. Calling you all out.

To anyone who waits for me to stream the episode on Twitch, I will be holding off until Wednesday as I'm heading to the Blues game tonight. My apologies, but...it's time for Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuues hockey. Sorry!

T-SHIRTS
    ReachCast NC
    ReachCast VS
    ReachCast TR
    Listen
    Stitcher (Don't forget to give us some thumbs up! Help make us the number 1 gaming podcast)
    iTunes
    imperialreach.com
    Twitch
    Mentioned Links
    Game Update 2
    Reddit Link

Contact Info
    @ReachCastShow - @TheDeringer - @noxxia
    ReachCastShow@gmail.com
    (415) 787-3224
    Twitch.tv
    These things are freaking out on me and won't let me put a new line in between them...ugh.
    Peace!
  2. klor

Just a bit of info I didn't grasp from the reading the patch notes but hearing it said out loud something clicked I guess.
    Underbarrel grenade damage internal radius increase from 1125 damage to 1250 damage... this means that previously it would 1 shot through nanoweave 5 and now it will 1 shot through flak armor with a direct hit.
  3. Compass

Direct hits with grenade launchers AFAIK was always 750 direct damage + splash damage. It may not have worked properly at long range though @_@
  4. klor

yeah, I know it has always been buggy but being able to instagib players who have invested in max flak armor seems excessive. It's a 100 cert counter to something that costs over 1500 certs
  5. ritual

But Flak armor isn't a get out of jail free card... it'll help you survive the splash damage from any explosive in the game AFAIK... a direct hit should definitely kill you though. Flak armor gives you resistance to explosives, not immunity.
  6. Haterade

It depends on the explosive. With level 4 flak armor, you won't find yourself 1-shot by proximity mines, bouncing betties, or non-AI tank rounds any longer.
  7. klor

It's really the cert discrepancy that bothers me, nothing else. I don't even run flak armor. They would be left with 125 health, if you cant be bothered to shoot them once you don't deserve the kill anyway. 90% damage is hardly immunity.
  8. RedOak

Gotta figure out that puzzle. Which amp station is it!
  9. Noxx(ia)

i wish i certed underslug grenade launchers or flak armor >.< i'm no help on this issue! :(

I however, can stream tonight. My plans to go to the Blues game have been dashed. So expect a stream around 6:30pm EST of the episode.
  10. Haterade

I have level 4 flak armor and underslung 'nade launcher. I can test whatever. Oh, and Noxx, flak armor is ridiculously good for medics. Just in case you roll that. :p
  11. Torkz

could be any , its all in the wording :) not specific one.
  12. Torkz

Dig the signature
  13. Noxx(ia)

yeah, i've been thinking about getting anti flak just because of land mines. saving for SMGs though. hehe.
  14. Deringer

I'm going to have to pick this up on Deringer. I keep shying away from it because I have Nanoweave already and figure why spend the extra certs.
  15. Haterade

I can't recommend it more highly if you're playing in a squad as a squad medic. If you're just lone wolfing or farming The Crown, nanoweave might be better. But if you're playing medic right in a good squad, you're not going to be exposed to bullets (that's for the heavies upfront to take care of) as much as you will be AoE spam.
  16. Torkz

Personally I love nano for LA but I can see what you are saying for medic.
  17. Noxx(ia)

All I have to say after borrowing Zib's prowler, which is fully certed into deploy, is "wow". Seems almost OP. We'll see how it balances out.
  18. Deringer

Don't get too excited. 2/7 Hotfix:

• Prowler Anchor projectile speed bonus was incorrectly set too high
  19. Noxx(ia)

Yeah, I was going to say, "if a vanu or NC complain about it being op, I will not argue that"
  20. Sonny

Great podcast once again guys (including the Grakulen interview).

Do you think that after you've done a few weeks of your own Tales from the Battlefield that you'll read out some user-submitted stories? :)

Sonny
    • Up x 1