TR SMG for Medic?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by RocketKhruschev, Feb 5, 2013.

1. RocketKhruschev

I love my NS-11 at medium/long range, but it jumps all over the place in close quarters combat. Has anyone tried running the SMG on a Medic for base defense/capturing points? Thanks.
  2. Zagz

If it's based on your play style, SMG is really not a bad option.
  3. grin

SMG is only potentially better under 13m(17m with SP) if you use the Extended mag. This means you have to give up the Advanced laser on the SMG to compete in extreme short range with the NS-11A, in which case the NS-11A can put on a laser point and be nearly as effective at those ranges, with more damage per bullet. Can't forget that the SMG's have much much lower projectile velocity than the NS-11A. At range you will have to lead much much more and actually learn to lead JUST for the SMG. This kind of leading will not work with normal guns and will throw you off if you get good with the SMG.

I own the SMG and I use the NS-11A or HV-45 for my medic.
    If i were you I would just keep using the NS-11A. If you want an upgrade, get the TRV.

NS-11A Grey -- -- -- --
    Armistice with E-mag Red - - - - - -
    Armistice with E-mag Red -- -- -- --
    [IMG]
  4. Littleman

One of the SMG's unmentioned strengths is a faster strafe speed. I'm not talking while ADS. There actually are variances in strafing speed based on the weapon. You strafe faster with a handgun than you do with a rifle or LMG for example. It might not seem huge from the first person perspective, but considering how the server handles movement prediction, it can actually cause your character to move fairly fast.

SMG's are fairly solid overall. Arguably a TRV/TAR is better, but we also have to consider reload speed, and their ranged capabilities are limited to single shot for any reliability, and with the recoil multipliers they're toting, even that isn't so great compared to other rifles. I prefer the SMG personally. At least, I prefer to cert that out, since it works across all classes and it really is a decent weapon up to 40m, which is most tower/outpost fights within the facility perimeter. I wouldn't recommend soft point.
  5. }{ellKnight

Get the TRV, it's a beast in close range and you can still use it outside those ranges.
  6. Zagz

I think it's important that people stop looking at stats and potential damage of a weapon.

The questions are:

- Are you comfortable with the weapon?
    - Could you possibly do way better with a different one?
    - Is your weapon very situational and can you live with that?

Doesn't matter if people show you graphs of nerd stats and over the top color charts. It's not because I put the #1 weapon or the current flavour of the week gun in your hands that you'll do really better.

Is SMG a good option? - For those that excels at CQC hip fire style of play, why the hell not.

See people in general will say TRV... I invested tons of certs into that gun and you know what. It didn't do crap for me. I always, always died due to reloading. My reload patterns, my style and aggressiveness requires fast reloads. After a week of pumping certs into the TRV, the TAR and other weapons, I went back to the NS-11A. Suddenly, I was a beast again... While you have a bunch of so called professional nerds telling you that stats wise, NS-11A is not really good in CQC, I am running around, gunning down pretty much everything that is thrown at me.

Bravo to those that can use the TRV efficiently. For me, that gun is way off my style.
  7. RocketKhruschev

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll trial both the TRV and the SMG this weekend and see how they feel in combat.
  8. Takoita

I would not recommend SMG for a TR medic. Our AR are flat out better.