Vanu Artimus now usless since SmG...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by CloakedSuicideBomber, Feb 4, 2013.

1. CloakedSuicideBomber

ive been using the artimus for some time now but the smg just made it crap. they claim that no weapon is better then the other yet if you check the stats and compare there would be no reason why you would get the artimus. they could have atlest raised the damage on it by like 1 or 2 bars....waste of money =( prolly talking to a wall..
  2. Badfortune

• Up x 1
  3. Rhumald

The automatic scout rifle for every faction was always a joke, this is why we as infiltrators fought long and hard to get a real infiltration worthy gun... they were also loud as hell with a silencer, if you'll try one on your SMG, you'll happily note that it is not.
  4. Rigsta

The NC suppressors must work differently to the VS ones then :p The Artemis is very quiet with a suppressor - indeed it was a big strength of the weapon - while the Eridani is loud and distinctive.

The auto-scouts are better at mid range thanks to their accuracy (with a forward grip), bullet velocity and probably damage fall-off curves as well. I doubt they were ever intended for CQC use - we just used them for that because, well, anything was better than a sniper rifle for that role.

Despite knowing that, I agree with you. If I'm firing at mid-range, I have my trusty sniper rifles. I can't see myself using the Artemis now. Maybe the Nyx. Occasionally. But my 3 loadouts are Eridani for CQC, Ghost w/ 4x and suppressor (depending on the situation) for mid-range, and Parallax w/ 10x for long range.
  5. Rhumald

Dear God equipping a suppressor on most every NC gun, except the SMG, while preventing you from showing up on the minimap, is like shouting "Hey, remember that loud noise I used to make that you always heard all around you? well I thought it was unfair so I decreased my bullet velocity and made my sound more distinct" and the stalker? man, it was like "I have this gun that almost sounds like a TR gun, so to make your life easier TR, I'll make it sound like I dropped glass into a blender.

every time I fire my SMG with a suppressor I'm like "Man I love this gun".
    • Up x 1
  6. nkenny

The suppressor, for most infiltrator weapons at least, are pretty terrible. The Scout rifles are really short on useful attachments, it wouldn't be unfair if the suppressor had less effect on bulletdrop/speed.

-k
  7. Rigsta

Even though it's louder, I feel the exact same way about the Eridani. I can finally compete with all these guys with CQC carbines and rifles. Shotguns are still scary but they're not a guaranteed win for the other guy any more.
  8. Astraka

I think that is why I love the SMG so much as well. The SOAS-20 & the HSR-1 especially, sound so off with a suppressor. The SMG & the Repeater are the only Terran infiltrator weapons that get it right in the entire arsenal. They still sound like current-era weapons, not future laser guns, and I love it.
  9. MrMurdok

You guys are making it awefully hard for this cloaker to stick to his SOAS-20 until he can cert into his SMG.

Does the silenced TR SMG sound like a silenced repeater? Seriously? No joke? No 'peepeepeepeepeepeepew' SOAS-20?
  10. Astraka

Not really. It is louder than the Repeater, but that's to be expected given the different rounds fired through it. It does however sound like an honest to goodness gun & not that grating 'pewpewpew' you hear with all the other TR infiltrator weapons.
  11. grin

There is already a thread about this :D

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/artemis-now-what-is-the-point.87746/