Framerates are ******* horrible now, wtf did you do?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Hoki

This isn't funny. I built a new beast machine at the dawn of the new year, and now i'm getting micro lag at the worst possible times. As soon as I need to shoot or i'm being shot at, 5 frames per second? I used to get 60 fps in large engagements before this new patch.
    Revert whatever you did. This is like a $2,000 **** you.
  2. Klagmire

Im quitting. do better at the game.
  3. VSDerp

well im sure they are trying to fix this issue.im not quitting over this doe.ima just play some other game till issue is fixed.

just playing ima log in now again eventhou lag spikes are annoying!
  4. Katana

revert patch.

annoying game is better than broken game.
    • Up x 3
  5. MiZrY

6. An Hero

I hear the uninstall button on control panel\programs helps this situation.
    • Up x 3
  7. Kelly0481

Truth be told we actually have something to complain about. I mean how long do we have to put up with this lagfest, rainbow colors, and code apparently from the 80s [CPU] before people actually had graphics cards anyway.

I basically did the same as the OP with my comp, it’s only a few months old.

To be honest I hate the new colors, and disorienting and confusing and it seems just adding crap to the game, just to add crap with no actual purpose. It servers no actual purpose and actually makes the game more confusing than it already is, or needs to be.

How many times have you run over to cap something or repair it and it was already yours or repaired? I cannot even count the times already.

Actually I logged into the game today expecting a patch, or for the patch to be removed. They game is unplayable for a huge portion of the population. Even with so called “fixes” it’s not fixed and is running like $hit.

Hit my FPS keys, and seen CPU and logged off. CPU = game unplayable.

I tried to play yesterday and finally had to log off because I was actually getting Motion Sickness, and physically ill just from trying to play infantry, or ride a flash around because it’s a shutter, warping, lagfest.

Id settle right now for a constant fps of 20 but you cannot even get that just going from 120fps to 1fps every second. On off on off, it’s like our graphics cards are going on off on off every second and that’s just the fps not shuttering around everyone is doing.

There are times in this game now where you cannot look or turn in a specific direction as your fps drops to 1fps for no valid reason whatsoever, as nothing visible is in that area anyway.

How can they expect us to play a game that is making us sick; Physically, and why hasn’t the patch been removed yet?

I am not letting my Premium Account roll over with this being the new NORM of the game, should I? Not when the previous version was better and ran better at least and didn’t make you, or give you motion sickness.

Funny part is; I don’t get sick in a plane, in a helicopter, on boat, in a car. I’ve never gotten motion sickness before till this game and this patch. Well, maybe on that amusement park ride that spins you around and the floor drops out and you are stuck to the wall. I got sick on that thing one time, but I had just eaten though. Lol

There are just way too many people with Gaming PC, and +$200-$1,200 graphics card that cannot even play the game.
    • Up x 1
  8. Big Cyz

Login

LAG LAG LAG LAG STUTTER LAG LAG

Logout
    • Up x 2
  9. Kelly0481

And to follow up MiZrY’s so called fixes is pretty much everything you should not to do to make a game work.

There a reason your cores are parked to being with, and there is a reason you don’t overclock unless you are absolutely sure it works safely.

If you can afford to run out and by a whole new CPU or Computer or a totally new graphics card, go ahead and do all of this stuff. Make sure you read all the warnings before you do this stuff and fully understand the risk.
  10. MiZrY

Windows XP, Vista and 2000 do not park your cores. Windows 7 and Windows 8 do as a power saving method. My q6700 CPU ran with unparked cores on XP for 5 years and that is the way it was intended. Switching to Windows 7 which then parked the cores is not all of a sudden going to ruin my CPU by unparking the cores. Laptops on the other hand like stated in the thread I linked may see an increase in heat because they are designed to skimp on power in every way possible.

Certain CPU's such as the 2500k are unlocked for a reason.... to be overclocked. Just using a motherboard for these CPU's has automatic overclocking options built into the motherboard. The thread I posted does not contain any information on HOW to overclock, just that if it is possible that it may help. If you look up any kind of overclocking guide for people who don't know what it is or how to do it, there are plenty of warnings.

The great thing about PC's is they are designed to be tweaked and adjusted by the user. This of course requires knowledge and research.

I have built, repaired and over clocked more PC's then I can remember for over 20 years. If any of you have questions, please feel free to PM me as I would be happy to help.
  11. Mustang

Yeah, encourage people to leave instead of encouraging a patch to fix anything, that'll help keep this game any good in a month
  12. Beartornado

No seriously, they need to outright leave.

Because this game is going to be patched and modified for years to come if it lasts that long and I assure you there will be other screw ups with each new patch.

Your options as of this very moment in time:

A. Uninstall, go play other games, realize that the perfect game you've humped the imaginary leg of doesn't exist anywhere.

B. Realize it's been a matter of days since a rather massive patch, one does not simply press a magic goddamn button to fix what could be a single incorrect statement in millions of lines of code (whether or not its millions is debatable but you get the point).
  13. Katana

Just revert the patch and get a test server. Patches have been reverted and SOE use test servers for other games, why not for PS2?
  14. Stigler

I have found that at least three issues are back in force. The memory leak is randomly happening sometimes within 20-30 minutes sometimes an hour. (I have a clean boot no background 1200mb max.)

I am getting the flashing white screen again occasionally.

I have deleted and reset my same Ultra settings with shadows on 1, which all through Beta (except for some patch specific issues) have run a great FPS, 40-60. But this patch I am seeing my lowest FPS dipping to teens and 20's, I even turned all flora off which helped, which I had not done before.

And the render is really bad, I am constantly getting shot by invisible people, worse than before patch.

I think they are aware and working on it though, so hopefully it will not be to long.

i7 2600k
    Win 7 64 bit
    GTX 570 HD 2.6gb
    8 gb 1600
    1920x1080, 74 fov, maxfps60
  15. Xandax

This game does not need fewer players - it does however need patches which doesn't mess up the game completely for a large part of the player base.