I am a sub member, what to do?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jin Shepard, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Jin Shepard

Hi,

The fiasco that is patch 2 made me unable to play it completely, not to the countless new bugs or cheaters that can go on a 2000+ kill spree for 2 hours, but the inability to actually play, stuttering makes it impossible, every kind of ini setting I tried, from low to med to high to ultra to mixes of them.

Now I pay for this game on a monthly bases, so I am not a 'free 2 play' player so please do not add that to the discussion. My question is, can I or we ''demand'' something from SoE, a free boost? Free xx certs? Patience is something you cannot ask for me/us because the game was still at best beta for the past 2 months, this promising patch 0.2 that was 'worth the wait' didn't deliver and made thing from bad to worse.
  2. Ghosty78

What sort of reply do you expect to this? If you don't like what you are playing, make your own mind up. Play something else, don't pay a monthly fee.
  3. Tuckc

I am also a sub member.. and am now wishing that I could cancel my sub. This update ruined anything that this game had going for it. I have a computer that can run ANYTHING and the gameplay is too choppy to play. ridiculous.
  4. Streetfighter

Just do one thing: Remember it.
  5. Blackweb

Quit the game or wait it out. It will be fixed eventually.
  6. GhostAvatar

I am waiting it out, But, this 'eventually' part would not bother me so much if they actually communicated on these forums to there progress in regards to this issue.
  7. Jin Shepard

Waiting it out will cost me money, cancelling it would cost me the boost you get from a monthly bases, which is part of why you take the sub, so in all situations it feels I and I for other sub members in my position, are royally screwed.
  8. Gavyne

I'd give them a bit more time before making any decisions on canceling or quitting, that's just me. They pushed the patch out Saturday morning, something they probably shouldn't have done but they did it because the playerbase taunted them and pushed them to hurry. Then they spent the weekend hotfixing, which broke more things than they fixed. It'll probably take this week to fix the new update. So luckily for me I do play other games as well so I'm just gonna sit and wait to see how they fix all this mid-week this week. Hopefully they get it all sorted out by end of the week.
  9. DNSCRASH

I will not be renewing my sub. The key reason for me to get it was to bypass f2p queues when changing continents. Since the populations have fallen so low, there is no good reason to keep paying for the privilege to go to the head of the line.
    • Up x 1
  10. Karragos

It's not the end of the world. How many games with major patches have had issues? Does "Delete your WTF Folder" ring a bell? Patches get fixed, life goes on, and everyone ends up happy. For the size of the patch, it actually did okay. You have a couple major issues, ie lag, fps rate, and some other bugs, but they'll get fixed, and things will be good. Have patience my dear friend.
  11. DNSCRASH

Nothing to see here folks. Move along. Mind your own business. You've got no right to complain. Just wait a bit longer. I am sure the devs are on it. We'll see a fix real soon. This game is free to play. Quit your whining, learn to play better. It's worse in other games. Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.
  12. Karragos

I am not sure what you were getting at quoting me. If you would care to elaborate, I'd be happy to explain more.
  13. HannaDest

I used to be a sub member, then I took an arrow to the knee.
    • Up x 1
  14. Mehuge

Ask for a full refund of your outstanding months of your sub. So if you are 2 months in to a 6 month sub, ask for 2/3rds of you subscription back. Then think long and hard before subscribing again.
  15. Keiichi25

Actually, the answer is 'Unsubscribe'. You will still be playing the game, paying or not. The only difference in the 'pay' potion is gaining extra benefits afforded being a pay member over a non-paying member. If you are not happy, don't pay. No one is forcing you to pay to play here, the game itself isn't.

Now if you want to quit, the simple fact is, that isn't really going to really matter because again, it was Free to Play... The thing they are going to milk are the people who are willing to pay for the extra benefits over the non-paying people.

This is not a "kiss off, we don't care." kind of post, it is just stating the fact that the pay portion part and the playing portion of it are two separate things. Nothing being said here is going to change the fact that unsubscribing and your ability to play is going to change or light a fire under someone's rear to make things better.
  16. JackD

Well don´t know which country you from, in germany not SOE is in charge of the subscriptions, i don´t know how it is in other european countrys. Anyway you should contact the firm were you made your subscribtion. Email or when the response to that is not what you expect per letter. In this email/letter you tell them polite what is the problem, that you wan´t compensation for the lost time (money/subscription time) and tell them you expect them to fix it and get you the compensation within a certain time (2-4 weeks)

Well i do only know german law, but in europe in general, if you pay for something the other side owes you the **** you pay for, if they fail to deliver, they do have the chance to fix it and if they can´t you get your money back. It is probably similar in most PS2 countrys.

If they don´t accept it or don´t pay within the time limit you set, you send them one of those letters your phone company sends you after not paying the bill for a long time. With a bill + a fine for not paying it.