SMG made infiltrating fun!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Karragos, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Karragos

Man o man, can we make things chaotic inside enemy lines now! I wish the Scouting Rifles had been this good all along... Going from massive recoil on the scouting rifles, (equivalent to shotguns according to stats I believe?) to pinpoint accuracy on the SMG's with little to no recoil, all I can say is that I hope they don't get nerfed! I doubt they should though, just on account of all other classes sans infiltrators having decent weapons. This gun has brought a ton of fun back into the class for me.

Anyone else wanting to pour more certs into Inf class now?
    • Up x 3
  2. SenEvason

I definitely am. First time I've had fun playing infiltrator. It's still pretty easy to get outgunned using the SMG though.
  3. SixReasons

Are you sure its not the SMG in addition to the new bug where cloaked units cant be seen with NV scopes...
    • Up x 5
  4. Vertabrae

I'm sure they will tweak the SMGs at some point. Whether it's RoF, CoF, damage or whatever. They usually find something they don't like when they add items to a game. Hopefully it will be good tweaks, but no matter what they do people will cry.
  5. Sevre

Hmm, from my experience with infils and shotguns in beta, my response is:

SMGs are terrible. I get way more kills with my KSR with 2x scope on it. These SMGs run out of ammo way too quick, thus I get way more kills per clip with my KSR. No need to nerf these things! They are awful. Down right useless!! I might put some certs in it to simulate flinging poo at people, which would do about as much, if not more, Dmg as these things do!

*Taps nose*
  6. NightmareP69

I find it a bit odd how fast people die from the SMG, iv'e seen people go down from just 3 or 4 shots.
  7. Vertabrae

I think the "can't be see with IRNV scopes" is kinda.....well it doesn't matter. I can see cloaked infil's so easy with the naked eye now. Looks like Shadowman running across my screen.
    • Up x 4
  8. TeknoBug

With my VS, I still roll around with the Artemis since the VS SMG isn't any better, however with NC, the NC SMG is better.
    Not only that, but infils are easier to spot with the naked eye now, even when sitting still they l ook like a glass of water.
    • Up x 1
  9. Karragos

I've actually been killed more while cloaked from people with regular scopes. I'm guessing the NV is bugged, but my cloak overall is kinda sucky from the amount of times I've been killed as opposed to before. Even squatting and not moving, I'm getting picked up pretty quick. I'm hoping the cloak is just bugged right now, but as for the SMG's, it's making life bearable again. :)

I've had more success by trying to get around gobs of enemies. When I'm not spotted (seems pretty easy now for some reason), I'm usually able to whack three enemies in close proximity, recloak, and find some more units. I'm seriously having a BLAST right now.
    • Up x 1
  10. TeknoBug

If you're TR, that's understandable, the TR SMG is really bad and the VS one isn't that much better, the NC one is just too good for what it is.
  11. Sevre

So, so true. Nerf those bast.ards, imo. With their OP poo flingers. Don't even touch the armistice though. That thing is like giving me herpes just thinking about how AWFUL it is. No need to rebalance that terrible thing!
  12. Pivke

i just love all those free kills that i get from killing SMG infiltrators. they cloak and run around like headless chickens and maybe, just maybe they manage to gun down 1 person before they die. if they have fun its great, i wont say no to free kills that they provide :)

on the other hand, they are quite strong at night time, because IRNV scope is currently bugged and doesnt show infiltrators.
    • Up x 1
  13. DumarDomar

You don't need a IRNV scope to see infiltrators, just set the graphics to ultra or low and you will see them from very far away. The infiltrator forums got videos and pics.
  14. Faus7

the NC smg has 160~ damage vs the 140 VS and the 130 TR, the TR does have 30 clip vs the 25 for the other 2 tho
  15. Zhorg

More like, SMG made infiltrators FOTM
    amiriteguys
  16. TintaBux

Really bad idea, Infiltrators with SMG's, now we have invisible armies.
  17. grin

Except they can be seen on low graphics both with and without IR/NV. Turn to low and you can see them without Scopes.

Oh no, people will actually play the class. Whatever will we do.
  18. VSDerp

yes the smg helped me find my love for the infilltrator..it's just more fun overall for me.
  19. Karragos

Invisible armies that die if spotted easier than other classes, cannot attack from medium to long range effectively, cannot kill vehicles, I'm just not seeing it the same way as you. Army seems like a bit of a stretch. I think it helps us to be effective infiltrators, and more than snipers.

I doubt this is going to make Inf FOTM. A lot of classes do a lot of things better than the Inf.
  20. MasterChiefette

You are not playing on high or ultra settings then, because with high and ultra infiltrators do not appear in NV/INF scopes and when they go invisible - the really do go invisible - completely.