No one captures north indar

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by drednok, Feb 4, 2013.

1. drednok

I'm not sure if it's just on the 3 server I play on, but it seems that the average player will not put in the work to capture the northern half of the map. I think that the crown and the hard to pass ridges make the northern half of the map very unlikely to be captured.

I'm pretty sure that if the bio labs or amp stations were in the very center east or west of the map it would promote movement into the northern half of indar.
  2. LiTo_SE

On Ceres the northern part of the map is captured every night. Nobody bothers defending it though.
  3. Kize

On Soltech when NC has south east warpgate we captures it all the time. But I agree it is easier to recapture and stuff
  4. Wardancer

The only problem is that if the VS for example wants to capture the north part of the map they have to move very near the enemy warpgate since it splits the map in half with the techplant to one side. Otherwise its pretty darn easy to cap up there, the VS did it very often before rotation and we did it yesterday against the NC as well. You just need to secure the passes until the enemy zerg breaks and then counter attack north.
  5. Dusty El Lion

Mao gets taken all the time, but it easy to roll back the caps because of the proximity to the warp gate.
  6. GamerOS

The SW warpgate can easily sweep in and steal the NW, but they can never hold it for long due to a lack of defensible locations.
    If the SW gate wants the NE territory the crown, the SE gate and a large canyon are in the way.
    The SE gate can swoop in and take the NE if they try (tough have a slightly harder time) it's slightly more defensible all around but due to Mao being so important and close to the N gate you will quickly anger it's owners and get the entire zerg at you.
    Meanwhile the SE can't get the NW territory because the SW gate, the Crown and the giant canyon are blocking acces.

All in all this make the northern part of the map rather easy to hold for the Northern WG.

So far most attempts at cont lock captured the North not until the last seconds to keep the N gate from responding in time.
    • Up x 1
  7. maxkeiser

Vanu on Woodman got close to the NC warpgate no problem yesterday.
  8. Kameho

on Woodman, before the warpgate switch: VANU and NC always pushed north, never against each other.

After the warpgate switch: VANU and NC always pushing towards west warpgate. Well NC always pushes the west warpgate at least.

So it heavily depends on server. VANU and NC on indar for some reason seem to hate TR for god knows what reason.
  9. AnnPerkins

On Helios off-peak hours we generally have in the low 20s for TR population so both vanu and NC come knocking to the SW for easy victories.
  10. BajaMerc

TR is the best. There is no escaping that. Total Biscuit is not an ideal leader, but the other two are not leaders at all.
    TR gets the color red while the others are the colors of bruises.
    TR has the best RP write up in that they will return to earth.

Vanu has some guns that don't feature bullet drop.
    Vanu used to have some sweet tanks.

NC has some RP about freedom.
  11. siiix

i hear more and more platoon leaders saying that they avoid the crown at all cost

when im in a zerg we nearly never even attempt to cap the crown.... IF the crown is the last remaining enemy "island" THEN its taken just so we can lock the continent

so yes its a trend now