SMG Rundown!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by DrankTHEKoolaid, Feb 3, 2013.

1. DrankTHEKoolaid

Posting this in here because I know Infiltrator is the class that's gonna benefit mostly from SMGs. I tried to cover as much as I could but if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks guys.

• Up x 20
  2. nkenny

Excellent, I have been waiting for this.

-k
  3. chrollo

good job agree with everything you said pretty much, except i find that the advanced laser sight on these guns is pretty incredible and that a light assault might want a compensator for biolab roof sniping especially considering that laser sight completely cancels out the compensator draw backs from what i've read on the forums, but the extended mag for infiltrator is probably a must imo
  4. Blitzkrieg

Hi Koolaid, nice video my friend.

The majority of your video was spot on, absolutely spot on. However I'm going to say I represent the Advance Laser Sight user, and say I personally prefer that laser sight. When moving and firing from the hip, it's like firing a laser, there is no deviation. I will say though, some of my guys picked up the advanced magazine on the Eridani (VS SMG) and it was bugged not giving the extra ammo in the Magazine.

Normally I'd say, why do the TR have the most accurate weapon while delivering the highest rate of fire. However it just doesn't matter on these weapons they are as accurate as each other.

I will emphasizes on your point about if you don't like shotguns. If any one watches that video or is reading this, and really don't like shotguns for your own reasons, this weapon will be your best friend on the LA and Infiltrator. Which is the other reason I have the Laser Sight, so I can fly around and hip fire since I don't use a shotgun.

Keep it up.
    • Up x 1
  5. DrankTHEKoolaid

Blitzkrieg you actually made me just think of something... does COF when using a jumpack count as the jumping COF? I never thought to actually factor the jetpack in but I could definitely see a reason to use the laser in that case. Thanks!
  6. Blitzkrieg

I've just had a quick go with it to see the difference. I might be wrong and I recommend testing your self. But what I noticed without the advanced laser sight it took the initial jump bloom and while flying my accuracy seem to get worse and worse while moving. However with the advanced laser sight on, it took the initial bloom increase but the accuracy seem to sustain and settle a little bit.

Really does help if you're using a LA.
  7. DrankTHEKoolaid

Awesome I'll have to try it out. Although I pretty much always use Shotguns on my LA.
  8. Blitzkrieg

Give it a try, let me know how it goes. Found the sustained accuracy after the initial jump was fine. I will say if you love your shotguns for your LA, I don't think this will change your mind, just works for people like me who don't use them.
  9. Rogueghost

I wish I saw this before buying the smg, while its a great gun I find myself favoring the shotgun for my LA.
  10. sosolidshoe

Look at it this way; at least now, when you draw the short straw in a squad and your SL tells you to suck it up and get hacking terminals, you won't feel like a walking target dummy the moment you spawn in as an Infiltrator :p
  11. Sylvan

What sever is the TR play (as well as the others)? I've never seen that many people standing stock still on Mattherson. Or completely miss the cloaked infiltrator.
  12. icesail

great video. I like how you tried to not be biased. Very informative !!!!
  13. ISKNausicaa

Great vid, I'm really loving the smg, though if people were going to rate the factions smgs in order what would it be? I get the district feeling from koolaid's vid that the tr and nc smgs have the edge over the vs one (primarily due to the kick being diagonal as opposed to just straight up on the other two).

The other thing that does annoy me though is we're does it leave the semi automatics like the Artemis? I suspect that it is once again emulating what we saw with the bolt action rifles I.e one straight upgrade after another.

I hope I'm wrong in this statement, what would people state the semi automatics have over the smgs?
  14. Wren

Thanks for the vid, was debating between the laser and the extended mag myself.
  15. EaterOfBabies

I play on Mattherson as well and can't second this statement enough. I'm always amazed at some of the videos people put up that show large amounts of clueless players who just stand around while their empire mates get shot. On Mattherson, its a rarity when I find someone who isn't at least alert. Sure, we have our fair share of bad players, but at least they shoot back in most cases.

I'm definitely curious as to the servers the SMG segments were taped on.

Oh, and to the OP - nice job on the vid! I'm definitely going to be getting the TR SMG soon. Thanks!
  16. DrankTHEKoolaid

All the TR footage was taken on Matherson lol.
  17. EaterOfBabies

Lol. I swear though, I've yet to encounter some of the situations you were in. Maybe I need to play more (although the wife would disagree with that).

Again, thanks for the SMG recap.
  18. Rigsta

Thanks for the video Koolaid. Though I'd already purchased my Eridani it's nice to see others' opinions on them.

You just have to reload after resupplying :)
  19. Phrix

I've gone for the extended mag as Vanu. When playing with the stock i found more instances where i needed more ammo than i needed more accurate hip fire.
  20. Blitzkrieg

Hehe, i'll tell them that.

Still managed to kill 3 guys in 1 magazine with the non extended mag. Beast little weapon.