client crash to desktop after char selection

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gu3rillaX, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Gu3rillaX

as the title says..after the character selection and pressing the play button, i gt to the loading screen... at about 85% CTD with a windows error message "planet 2 stopped functioning" (not sure if this is the proper english translation^^)

tried it 3 times, plus letting the launcher check the game files...
  2. Kamran Mackey

I understand you're having issues with PlanetSide 2. I think you're computer is not supported to play PlanetSide 2. As it only runs on most modern desktops and laptops. So, what I would recommend is getting a new computer with good specs. If you could give me you're computer specs, that would be great so I can help you better.
  3. Gu3rillaX

lol... i play it since beta... thanks anyway...

amd athlon IIx4 (3.0ghz quadcore) 8GB DDR3, gforce gt440 (1gb) win7 64bit home premium
  4. Kamran Mackey

Well, those are pretty good, except for the Windows 7 part. You should use Windows 8 for playing video games. Games load much faster.
  5. Gu3rillaX

just for information... i am reporting a CTD issue tha appears since TODAYS patch... the game was running before...

win7 64 bit is all you need btw.
  6. Gu3rillaX

well at least some serious answers now :D thx...
  7. Kamran Mackey

Yeah umm thats not true!!!!
  8. Kamran Mackey

Windows 8 is fantastic. Windows 7 is slow, stupid and buggy. I don't even use it anymore. I used to but it gave me too many issues. I'm happy with Windows 8. :)
  9. Gu3rillaX

if you don´t have anything to help me and others with this specific problem, please move the windows 8 (tablet win7) discussion to somehwere else please
  10. quex

I am also having this same issue. Played since Beta without any issues. This only started after the latest patch.

Have tried the following with no success:

- Selecting a different character
    - Creating a new character.
    - Validate Game Asset Files inside launcher
    - Complete Uninstall/Reinstall Planetside 2
    - Upgraded Video Drivers to latest NVIDIA driver (310.90) (Clean install)
    - Downgraded Video Drivers to R300 Drivers (301.42) (Clean Install)
    - Manual Update of DirectX
    - Turned Windows Firewall Off
    - Uninstalled Anti-virus software
    - Run launcher "As Administrator"
    - Tried running in FullScreen/Windowed Fullscreen/Windowed

Every time it crashes to desktop at 64% on the Indar Map Loading screen.

System:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    GeForce GTS250
    8GB Ram
    AMD X2 245, 2.9ghz
  11. baka

You might post the crash event log when you report a crash here.... might help, might not.
    Open Event Viewer (type that in the start button search and it will show up).
    Click the triangle next to Windows Logs, then click on Applications. Give it a second to populate then scroll down the list in the top center of the screen.
    You are looking for Red exclamation icons, click on the first one you find and see if it says:
    "Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe"
    in the first line in the display area below. If it has something else, or you see a lot of these icons - you may have bigger issues!
    Anyhow, click in that display area, press Control+A to select it all, then Control+C to copy it, then paste that into your post here.
    It will look something like this (though your details may be different than my crash):

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x510ebca6
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x6f435c61
    Faulting process id: 0x1208
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce027778f70bc0
    Faulting application path: D:\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: 765d8cfc-6e70-11e2-be98-bc5ff4685867
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

This info may be useless here for us, but maybe not.
  12. quex

Here's the event viewer log:

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x510ebca6
    Faulting module name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x510ebca6
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x018ad7cc
    Faulting process id: 0xefc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce029c5c04b2af
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Planetside2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Planetside2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Report Id: a8f3ed7c-6e8f-11e2-9291-6c626d02c290
  13. Zenatsu

I get the same thing too been playing since beta too and it's probably the first time i ever have problems with the game as in stability, right after the char screen the game loads to 60-80% and CTD..reinstalled the game and drivers just to make sure it's not my rig..but it still happens,
    i7 2600k 8gb GTX 580 W7..
  14. quex

This issue is fixed for me in the latest Hotfix (02.05.2013)!