Infiltrator ?? not anymore!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ashtar, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Ashtar

i can sttill see them with NV but...what do i need it for... since I can see them anywhere
  2. Ashtar

they changed so many things, even things that they had better not touched...just screwed up things that where good
    • Up x 1
  3. MeltingCPU

You could see them better with medium/high settings before the patch and low was pratically invisible from what I heard.
    So SOE probably thought it was a good idea to make them visible for low settings to "balance things out".

Just when we thought the infiltrator class couldn't get worse... now it's ruined. Funny thing is there is no sign of infiltrator revamp on roadmap. I just can't understand SOE.
  4. Morclave

A gentleman made this thread, perhaps it will help ease some of the people confused by this thread. I play on Ultra so I see no real difference currently, but on lower settings it is obvious. Granted, I have killed an oddly high number of Infiltrators today, maybe I am seeing them easier and want to feel like it is just me being awesome for once. *shrugs*

Various Cloak Visibilities

On a sidenote: I am noticing a severe 0.8-1.5 second delay between uncloaking and being able to shoot, when it was instant before. Is this intended? It's a cute adjustment for those Infiltrators trying to stealth into melee range with their new SMGs, but if it was put into place for that purpose it justifies the frustration that Infiltrators are pigeonholed into staying a mile out in sniper-mode. Even in sniper-mode, which I play most of the time, I have to hope my target stands still a second longer which is beginning to frustrate me.

~ Morclave
  5. Kudag

I was noticing this fire delay on all classes when I tried to play yesterday. Everything from shotguns to pistols, c4 to rocket launchers
    was delayed on firing. Delayed on confirming hits as well, both incoming and outgoing. Even fall damage. I don't believe this is an infiltrator related issue, just one that snipers will feel more keenly.
  6. VelcroPudding

it is when you have your settings on LOW
    rather than asking for confirmation, you could easily duplicate this by. . .

changing your settings to LOW
  7. Cristari

Argh! Dont make me look at that thread again those Low Res images look horrible!

Oh and fixed your text colour for you it also was bad!
  8. Dew1tt

Thanks. I was just about to and then Morclave posted actual screenshots of the problem in question (as I suggested might be helpful).

Your response was super helpful too, though!

Re: Morclave's pics: That is a very distinct outline. I don't blame you for switching classes. I guess people will stick mostly to Infiltrator for sniping and hacking till this is fixed.
  9. Folklore

Something about he graphics settings. Majority of settings seem to make spotting REALLY easy.
  10. C4Chaos42

Same.

Was it the low settings that were tweaked to be on par with high settings?
  11. Sliced

To be honest I remember reading on the forums that they will optimise the gpu.
    I believe that something regarding the optimising has done something.
    I however see them excatly how they used to be. I have never used IV/NV before so I can't comment there.
    It has to be something regarding your game settings, gpu settings or computer set up that is causing the problem.
  12. ylimani

Please get the cloack Backk
  13. seeker724

Infiltrators were easy to spot anyway, don't see much of a difference. Just have to pay attention to detail.