Launcher just download 37mb of new data, is this another fix?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by t31os, Feb 3, 2013.

1. PanzerShrimp

Soooo Can someone tell me how the mag rider now performs (difference) after THIS hot fix and pre patch 2?

At work Can't check.
  2. nella

Ouch. My fps has gone down by 20 or more. 25-30 fps in a crowded amp station is no fun.
  3. fish998

Have you looked into the 'Burster MAX OMG orange lazers everywhere' thing? Seems like some particle effects going completely mental.
  4. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

That change should be in the current patch.
    • Up x 1
  5. Inverness

Thanks for the hard work.

If you ever hear someone around the office implying that releasing a major update on a Friday is a good idea, make sure you persuade them otherwise.

Also, a test server would do wonders.
  6. vaxx

Awesome news.

Feel bad for the folks working on freekin Superbowl Sunday.
  7. Cirevam

Cycles should get a raise or something for keeping us in the loop and assuaging our collective rage. Maybe... yes, he deserves a banana sticker:

Thank you Cycles.
    • Up x 1
  8. Rockit

Haha! Good one. And yes Cycles... /salute!
  9. ladiesop

Getting some severe frame drops, which was especially noticeable when driving a tank in Indar, around the desert region (can't remember the exact hex it was in though). Normally I get 40-70 fps, but this dropped it to 1. My gunner, who had a weaker computer said they were dropping 30 fps to 1 around the same time, and more severely when it intermittently happens.
  10. Rockit

Yeah it is something that is happening to many if not most of us. Something they are working on.
  11. Reithan

TEST SERVER
    • Up x 4
  12. justme

check rendering distance?
  13. t31os

I use to run with the render distance at 6000, i currently have it at 4000.
  14. Rockit

Yeah and I have it at half that ~2000. This is looking very similar to what was occurring in early beta, where just one enemy or friendly shows up in the near vicinity and the hitching starts. Once that player is present after the hitching it gets back to normal and the situation repeats when another comes around. Very much like beta. They might need to check if some old code got recycled into this build.
  15. Seqea

In my office, I would have to work on weekend too if I decided that it was a good idea to push major update when everyone else went home.
  16. Tricknovalight

• Up x 1
  17. Zentoco

What the OP noted in that thread is exactly what is happening to me too, glad to know it wasn't just me.
  18. Acek

well i seem to be having stutters and directional lag with MBT around.. recorded this yesterday with my tablet:

there were a couple of magriders heading to crossroads watchtower. also: The Crown..
    • Up x 1
  19. sdfasdfa

It seems to be culling of friendly icons (the "clutter reduction") that is usually at work. Looking towards a clutter-reduced area often turns the stutter on while looking away immediately fixes it.
    • Up x 1
  20. AndreyMusaty