Cloacing sound heard at least 100m away ???

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Browser_ice, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Browser_ice

I just noticed while I was trying to pin point an infiltrator, that his cloaking sound can be heard as far as 100m away.

If this device was really existing, it would not make sense that it could be heard so far away. Its the equivalent of yelling out "OK guys, I'm cloaking now !!!!"
  2. m44v

3. Ztiller

Yeah, if you are in a field with no other sound whatsoever, is actively sitting down and trying to hear that sound and nothing else, while knowing exactly when he cloaks, you might hear a tiny, tiny Zing that you will probably mistake for the sound of someone spawning 500 meters away.

Really though, i made some measurments myself and found that in an open field with no other sound than the ambitience, you could hear the infiltrator at 50 meters if you actively tried to hear it aswell as turnd up your volume drastically.

You guys realyl need to stop exaggerating this whole Decloak sound thingy. It's not even 10% as bad as you make it out to be.
    • Up x 1
  4. Purple

id achally be happy about this because it will make everyone who can here it paranoid. no one will feel safe.
  5. VelcroPudding

we tested this just the other day, you can hear a cloak up to 100 m away
  6. Crewell

That, or they would just start ignoring it thinking it was someone on their team, seeing as all cloaks sound the same.
  7. icesail

All cloaks have a different sound........
  8. Crewell

Just tested. They all sound pretty much identical to me.
  9. The King

You're prolly using junk sound. If you have quality sound, you can easily hear them with ease and know exactly their location.
  10. icesail

They are identical, but different enough to tell them apart. Notice the differences in pitch and sound.
    TR- quick zipper opening metallic sound
    VS - quick, metallic splash sound
    NC- Longer them TR, star trek door opening sound.

There is a post somewhere in this forum with all 3 cloaks side by side. You can tell the difference very clearly.
    • Up x 1
  11. m44v

yep, is as loud as a gunshot.
  12. RobotNinja

Well...the cloaks are also completely visible now too so they might as well strap a tuba to their back and give them a handful of balloons too. And just when you thought they couldn't make the Inf class any more useless.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...u-can-kill-every-infiltrator-with-ease.87841/

Every other class has a defining role, unique abilities, items and unlocks. Infiltrator = sniper rifle with legs. Oh yeah...and an IFF Dart. Yay.

They had a whole bunch of additional certs in Beta (which they never let anyone test, btw) and when the game launched every class got a plethora of goodies, unlocks and items. Inf got jack ****.
  13. drNovikov

Same sh*t with anti-scout darts which are designed to give away the very fact of infiltrator' presense with loud alarming beeps and bright shinig. Same sh*t with inf armor which glows in the dark because of all those stupid lightbulbs and neon bracelets all over it.

Someone at SOE just hates infiltrators and probably butthurts about being sniped.
    • Up x 1
  14. Village

Well you obviously tested wrong because i can easily identify a enemy infiltrator and know whether he is NC or TR simply by the sound of their cloak.
    • Up x 1
  15. Jex =TE=

Just prior to the patch I tested the range and it was about 16m - now you're telling me it's 100m?

W
    T
    F

Over!????
  16. Village

The range is huge, i heard multiple TR infiltrators cloak AT LEAST 100 metres away today, hunted them down simply by their cloaking noise it was hilarious, heard them LONG before i would have possibly seen them. Unless you're in a large battle cloaking is far more harmful than useful.
  17. Daimond

Have not tested since new patch, but but SOE never has bugs but never know now.
    But before you could easly hear a cloak sound 20-30m away depending on fight going around, when dead quiet can hear upto 50m. but at one time ya you could hear about 100m, but has not been around for a while now.
  18. Squigzy

If you are an Infiltrator, in the middle of a battle, likely with multiple infiltrators, you will hear a lot of cloak/decloak sounds. I mean I realize its not a "defense" as I switched to Infiltrator Post-GU2 (Infi + Cyclone = My Happy Place) from Light Assault. I actually don't mind having a "loud" cloak/decloak and have it become more and more quiet as you cert into it.

Right, to conclude, yes how loud it is.. is crap.. But you can always Decloak and lure some poor bastard into a mine you just placed... Decloak, mine, Cloak, Run like hell and hope the giant white/black blob you are on his Low settings doesn't clue him in to the fact that you are gone.
  19. drNovikov

That would be a waste af landmines. Each costs 75 infantry resourses. I use them to cover my back when sniping or sabotaging. Getting kills this way is too expensive :)
  20. Vaphell

i use them for self-defense often when i bail using cloak. I run from the guy almost feeling the taste of my blood, zigzag towards any obstacle to temporarily cut LoS, toss mine there and soon i hear boom! AP mines are a steady source of kills.