Recon Detect Device = Garbage?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by YuiNC, Feb 3, 2013.

1. YuiNC

I've recently tried my luck with the Recon Detect Device, but every single time I've ended up with my enemies sneaking right up in my face and the detector catches nothing. Is it broken? or is there some rule about walls and floors? Please respond, do I need to upgrade it to even get it to slightly function?
  2. ArcMinuteLight

Yes its pretty broken. It won't scan for people who are already within the range, on top of being "meant" to only scan moving targets, and if you're outside a set range, you won't get updates from it. Just like the scout radar and spotting.
  3. OldOnyx

Yeah, the default rank is pretty worthless, but there's a pretty noticeable improvement in usefulness as it's upgraded. Whether or not that improvement is worth the certs will depend on who you ask.
  4. Deschain

Yes its Garbage as it only detects movement 6/10 times, your better off pushing a medic out the door to see whos there :)
  5. YuiNC

Thanks for the info, really hope they fix it.
  6. Wardy

Not entirely true mate, I have rank 5 recon gun and I gotta say it rocks. The reason people don't get detected is because its a pulse like detection rather than a passive radar, lower tier gun has piss poor "pulsing" timings. Rank 5 however, will pulse quickly and I have yet to be killed by something it hasn't picked up.

I appreciate that it is a hell of an investment for something that doesn't give xp rewards for detections, but as a tool, it is godlike.
  7. YuiNC

Oh really? Well, I'll start saving then...
  8. ArcMinuteLight

This is not true. The recon gun does NOT reveal anyone who is already within its range upon being shot.
    The recon gun does NOT let you get updates outside of a set range, like scout radars and spotting. (Limit for scout radars and spotting is 150m, I assume Recon is the same, or worse.)
    Stop experiencing buyer's remorse, its been proven that the Recon detect device has been nerfed.

In case you're still not understanding, you can have a 100m scout radar or recon device, but it won't let you know if it detects anything when you are 150meters away from it, its junk now.
  9. DrankTHEKoolaid

Definitely not junk. I bought max rank knowing it was a waste of certs, everything at 1k certs pretty much is. But It is definitely useful.
  10. LibertyRevolution

Scout radar on a flash is better than a recon dart.
    Recon Dart is only useful if the terminal is destroyed and you cant hack it to pull a flash.

I got this guy in our outfit that loves his maxed recon dart. He keeps telling people how great it is and for others to buy it.
    So I walk downstairs in the tower and pull my flash, 20 dots show up that his recon dart was missing, and I proceed to lol at him.

People who complain about 150m range.. most bases are not even 100m..
    2 flashes will cover even your biggest tech/amp station, pull 1 flash under a bio dome..

There are some things all players should have, like AMS for the sundee and scout radar on the flash.
    It is a totally different game when you have a flash with scout radar. It becomes hunt the red dots.
  11. DrankTHEKoolaid

Comparing the flash scout radar to the detect device is silly. Everyone who does conveniently leaves out all the downsides to the scout radar and all the upsides to the detect device. I use both...
  12. Good_Kitty

Its not garbage when i use it to find out where 30+ people are sitting and i run in there and drop 2 prox mines to kill them all.
  13. icesail

The recon dart should also flag explosives. That simple change would make the recon gun worth it. A 150meter flash, at the moment, is a better option when infiltrating, since it will give you non-stop coverage for up to 5 minutes (without refreshing the flash). Good for ghost capping or capping ahead of main forces. And most people cannot resist shooting up a flash, so you even get extra warning if anyone comes along and sees your flash.

Did they fix the LOS issue with the recon dart?
  14. drNovikov

That tool is anti-scout and designed to give away the fact of your presense. It shines like a lightbulb and emits loud alarming sound.

When I was infiltrating Ti Alloys, one guy tried to find me using that device. I heard those beepings and saw it shining, so I just did not move. But I knew that he was looking for me, so I tracked him and shot him.

Someone at SOE hates infiltrators and butthurts about them. That's why we have ridiculously stupid things like glowing armor or scout darts that are designed to work against scout.
    • Up x 1
  15. Soylent

It wouldn't be half bad if it had unlimited ammo. As it is now I'd rather just pull my flash.
  16. James Seth Lynch

No no its: Everything about infiltrators except sniping= Garbage.
  17. Albatross039

one question: does the recon detect enemies through wall? or it has to "see" them to give a signal ?