Get rid of spawn protection, asap!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Evilhardt, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Evilhardt

No, because if you understood you wouldn't argue against. So far there haven’t been arguments against my argument. Only argument for why spawn protection was allegedly a good thing.
  2. Gammit

No this is not a problem. It gets turned off if the person does anything.
  3. ZtriDer

I like the new "anti-camp" changes.
    Before, the only way to defend a facility when the attackers started to camp the spawnroom, was to give up the facility and start over in an other spot. There where no way you could fight back in the facility.
    With this installed, even when a facility is overhelmed, the defenders can still make the attackers pay in blood to get it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Clutchstep

Lol, all I see here is "you don't agree with me and therefore you are wrong." The Roadmap isn't some kind of democratic design process, it's a way to get feedback. It doesn't matter if the minority of players that visits the Roadmap site and votes doesn't like it, if the devs want to do it they're going to do it. They're pretty liberal about tuning things up and down, if it really does lead to exploits I'm sure they'll change it.

The invulnerability is so brief I haven't even noticed it. I've been killed more or less immediately after spawing at a Sundy without taking any action so it can't be more than a second (and I'm guessing it's less). If you really want to spawn camp, just wait a second before you starting firing when you see the guy appear.
  5. icesail

If it was not on twitter, the devs did not read it, so they had no idea players were against it. You cannot expect them to read the official forums the company set up, now can you?
  6. bodmans

hmm, can anyone imagine the trolls if you were to be revived and went /afk?
  7. SneakyTouchy

They should be fixing how long it takes you to load back into action, not give you god mode because your computer sucks.
  8. Evilhardt

And still you don't have an argument that is a direct response to mine.
  9. LibertyRevolution

You can die, get rezzed by a medic that is behind the spawn shield cover, turn your mouse to aim a target, then fire.
    You are invincible until your fire or move, mouse look does not break this invulnerably.

Works the same in BF3.

So getting rezzed in a hot area should guarantee you an easy kill.
  10. Fluff

Now if you had half a brain and be less of a coward you would have not waited for him to be res and shoot at him knowing fully well that would have made you a coward. Most of us agrees that this is the best solution against cowards like you in the game that acts like vultures just waiting for people to be res to shoot them again giving them ZERO chance to defend themselves.

As for that idiotic comment about "omg he turn around and shot me" couldn't you have freaking take cover while he was getting res then? EH?
  11. Clutchstep

Because you haven't made any real arguments, other than to say that: (1) the devs shouldn't have implemented it because it got downvoted; and (2) that you think spawn camping is tactical superiority. The Roadmap isn't a democratic tool, so neither I (and the devs, apparently) care that it got downvoted. And I don't agree with you that spawn camping is tactical superiority.

Standing around waiting for someone to spawn so I can kill them is stupid strategy, because it locks me up as I stand their waiting, when there are other things I could be doing to be more useful. I see a Sundy, I blow it up, or I get my squad/outfit members to come blow it up. If I stand there waiting, I can't go repair, resupply, defend a cap point, or kill people who are an actual threat to my objectives.

For mid-field medic revives, the invulnerability is so short that if it's allowing the revived player to kill you, you should be blaming yourself not the rez mechanic. You're acting as if the guy can stand there for 5 seconds and line up his shots, which is not the case.
  12. Fluff

Oh! I forgot, one of the MANY reason why this was put in place can be seen on video where people will go around ams and shoot at everyone that is spawning or in the process of spawning, see, this system was put in place because of people like you with no courage at all to give someone any kind of fighting chance, it was abuse of the worse kind and you were the makers of your own game experience now.
  13. Katana

Seriously who the **** thought spawn protection was a good idea. The game just gets dumber and dumber. Give the consumer some credit, as opposed to, as I've said before, treating us all like dumb**** ADHD coke can wielding 4 year olds.
  14. Rentago

spawn invulnerability is for games like call of duty, not for **** that has HUNDREDS of players running around.

Dying is common place, if they are so concerned with dying they can just give people more god damn health so the average TTK isn't just one second.

I mean the idea is everything dies so god damn easy its ridiculous, it makes vehicles, infantry, and everyone feel extremely watered down since everything dies so easily. NC don't feel the power of the guns, no different than VS having nothing unique going for them.

There is a lot wrong with this game, but it all starts with us ******** to them to stop being ********.
  15. Elack

today I was sneaking up on a sund to take it out, I see an enemy come into sight I shoot him in the head several times with my pistol he turned and unloaded a clip into me and I died....

I agree spawning and getting hit by rocket pods or getting caught in a sund explosion and instantly getting killed is annoying but fresh spawned immortals is a bit much especially with no visual indicator..

maybe they should visually display the heavy overshield and maybe it should be more like 2 seconds ?
  16. rocketchicken

FORUMS
    Anyone who thinks that "regular" players log onto forums, read threads, post, and participate in discussions about Planetside 2 is a fool. Casual players dominate all online video games and casual players don't care enough, or have the time, for extracurricular forums. If they did, they wouldn't be casual players in the first place.

The forum population does not best represent the Planetside 2 community. If anything, it best represents players who enjoy the game so much that they involve themselves in the game when they're not playing the game. Forums can be a positive force but I think most players who come here use it to soapbox their own opinions.

So don't post tripe on the forums waving your opinion, and the opinion of some other forum-goers, around like it's what "everyone wants".

SPAWN PROTECTION
    It's very brief and it protects players during the loading screen phase. How many times have you been in a loading screen just to finally finish and find yourself dead? It's happened to me on a number of occasions and I see no problem giving freshly spawned players time to load their game. Sure, it was fun killing people who just spawned at a Sunderer and are just standing their, loading, but I'm okay with the new spawn protection. It's hardly even noticeable.

Some of the ridiculous posts in this thread allude to freshly spawned players being immortal gods that run around with a Patronus Charm protecting them from all the evil Dementor bullets that are being shot at them. Spawn protection doesn't make you a wizard. The moment you move or fire it is removed and it only last a few seconds anyway. Seriously, all you whiners are complaining about is that you can't spawn camp.
  17. Bambolero

The theme of the last patch is 'prevent or minmize spawn camping'
    New spawn room design, invul time while your PC is loading the world etc etc.
    It was also mentioned in the patch notes several times.
    This means that no matter how much our Ez-mode children ( that are only interested in easy XP instead of playing the game )
    moan, whine and cry this feature is here to stay.
    The reasons why the feature must be implemented in every PVP game was explained to you plebs many times in this thread but you keep ignoring it.

So, here are your options:
    - Wipe your tears and learn to play a MMO properly, you'll have more fun in the long run.
    - Cry MOAR until your tears run dry then ragequit and go back to your kiddie games.

Choose wisely.
  18. Evilhardt

this...
  19. Evilhardt

KILLING NEWLY SPAWNED GRANTS ONLY 25 XP!! FOR ***** SAKE! WHEN WILL YOU ******* GET IT?!!!

This is not about spawn camping for the kills, but for the tactics!
  20. Sarrz

Am I the only one who reads this and thinks: Wow...what a terrible player AND a bad lie?

The immunity stopped when he was turning that 180. Either you had ran out of bullets and should have been BEHIND COVER when you were reloading, or you are a bad shot.
    • Up x 1