BFR is already in PS2? Oh lawd have mercy!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BunnyHillPro, Feb 3, 2013.

1. BunnyHillPro

I went down that youtube trail and found this gem:

Locked away and ready to use.
    • Up x 2
  2. t31os

I'm hoping it stays in the current form..

... just scenery.
  3. Rivenshield

4. TheScapegoat

Nice, the NC version is getting giant Hacksaw's
    • Up x 4
  5. EWarren

Giant Hacksaws X2, oh my.
  6. BunnyHillPro

It looks insanely cool.
  7. FXRiot

Here's an idea, make them about as effective as a tank. Just have them in the game purely for cosmetic reasons.
  8. Autarkis

9. Tvayumat

Old video.

The BFR hangar has closed doors now, you can only see it through shimmering yellow portholes.
  10. BunnyHillPro

lol! It just shoots air out of those massive guns.
  11. Eleo

"Oh my god BFR, it will be automaticaly imbalanced since they are entities coming from another dimension wich SOE programmers will have zero control over"

Oh, wait...
    • Up x 2
  12. TheScapegoat

Quad 120 AP's, man I wonder if it has the velocity of the AP on the prowler. Volley fire would make any Vanguard/Magrider shutter.

I'm taking a stab, but in the future, SOE will allow a magical key to appear from the "supply box" idea in the roadmap. Such key will allow the player to operate said BFR.

I hope I'm wrong.
    • Up x 1
  13. Arcanum

14. Talizzar

Hey how did you get in there....Wall hacker!!!
  15. frankenroach

Really? There would be almost no point to having them if they were as weak as your average MBT. They'd be much larger targets, and would most likely move slower, anyway.

If BFRs were implemented, I'd personally like to see them be pretty much the land equivalent of the Liberator. They'd still be relatively easy to Swiss Cheese up (especially since everyone would most likely focus fire on them the moment they show up) without being totally useless. They'd also require a gunner, and maybe have certable upgrade for a third tertiary gunner. I'm sure this opinion would get me crucified, but that's how I feel.
    • Up x 1
  16. BunnyHillPro

It isn't my video. I just stumbled upon it on youtube.
  17. Talizzar

:)

18. BengalTiger

Naah, crucifying is outdated.
    Nowadays they'll just rage a bit over the internets and then ask "Can't we all just get along?".

Mechs are big targets. They can't hide.
    Tanks are relatively small targets, which can go hull down to become even smaller while still being able to shoot.

Thus the BFR will always get sniped by a tank and take several hits before shooting back accurately, meaning the tank has a very large inherent advantage.

In PS 1 they solved the problem by giving mechs shields so strong, a single MBT couldn't do any damage to them. BFRs also had the most powerful weapons in game from what I know.
    The single MBT which couldn't do ship took 2 players to operate (one drives, one shoots), while the mech could both move and shoot with just one guy, further messing up the gameplay.

If the BFR is literally a walking Liberator, with a 3 man crew (all 3 with similar firepower to that of a Lib's pilot and gunners), that has similar damage resistance to tanks (with the legs counting as side hits from the front, and as rear hits from everywhere else), and is just as mobile as a MAX, I'd say it could work.

But I'm a tanker who would simply enjoy having another, different animal to shoot from time to time. :p

If a tank could destroy a BFR, it most likely will unless they meet at shorter range where the BFR's theoretical DPS becomes its practical DPS and the tank gets blown up.
    Sounds like balance to me, especially when the mech's weakness vs air and infantry gets included- but this definitely won't satisfy Gundam fans who will have a very situational weapon that needs to work in combined arms units or it fails...
    • Up x 2
  19. DeusExMachina

I'd say:
    NC BFR - Two man operated;
    Moves like heavy guard from Riddick.
    Tank secondary as primary.
    Huge a** artillery as secondary.
    Artillery - 4 cannons, 1Km range, huge AP damage with decent splash, can shoot only at targets that are being laser designated by an infiltrator, few seconds to acquire target with laser if infil lose the LOS shells explode mid-air.

What do you think?
  20. Iksniljiksul

Mechs have always been planned for this game.