Get rid of spawn protection, asap!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Evilhardt, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Hoki

1) Yes you can choose where to die. I'm not going to explain that to you, you can claim ignorance, nobody else is buying it and you just make yourself look stupid. Please continue with that argument.

2) Revives are in the game for a reason. It is a feature, just like the ability to decline a revive is in the game. If you die in a horrible spot, someone revives you, decline it if you're worried about your precious K/D.

3) The ability for a player to take control of their character with full health and start moving before they become vulnerable to attack removes all sense of strategic advantage. I'll give you a scenario that dealt with last night. I kite a light assault to death with my infiltrator, sniped him in the chest, ran away, finished him off with pistol when he came around the corner. I survive with no shields and half health. He gets revived from outside. (what were you saying about "kill the medic" mr strawman?) He stands up, I empty my pistol into him, he melts my face off. This isn't theorycrafing its happening all the time now. Immune revives are flipping strategic advantage on its head.
    • Up x 3
  2. Bambolero

Lol I don't even know why I bother.
    You know, stay a whining noob forever, what do i care...
  3. Evilhardt

Yes, I do camp sunderers to DENY THAT SPAWN to the enemy. That is very tactical, wise guy...
    • Up x 1
  4. Talizzar

Just blow up the Sundy...instead of farming. You realize that the exp you get for a new spawn is a whopping 25 exp?
  5. GImofoJoe

I wasted a lot of bullets shooting these guys. GAH!!! :mad:
  6. Hoki

I am honestly baffled by the term spawn camping in this game. Seems like half the players think a deployed sundy should be a respected and safe place to spawn. F'ing CoDdies.
    • Up x 3
  7. Hoki

Wow this thread is like endless strawman. Please nobody dignify this with a response. (notice I am not addressing his ridiculous suggestion)
  8. Evilhardt

You do realize that it's not about the exp for me? Why would I speak of denying a spawn point to the enemy if it was about the exp for me?!
    Also, blowing up a Sunderer alone behind enemy lines fails in 95% of the cases (I don’t even have enough C4 or rockets for that... also getting behind enemy lines works mostly better as a infiltrator... which don't have neitehr rockets nor C4... your argument is invalid).
    • Up x 1
  9. Lakora

There's a spawn protection? o_O I have noticed it and I keep killing people who keep on rezzing.
  10. Hinthus

I thought it was a good idea (but considering I've never been on the other side of camping). I don't camp, but watching those that do, it really does make it seem that as soon as an outstanding force makes their way into a position, that position is screwed! The only reason why I approve of it is it makes gunfights a tad more interesting and as an attacker, actually gave me incentive to find higher ground to fight on XD. But I will agree that if something got outstanding down votes by the community, that generally means that it's probably not going to be received well...they probably implemented it hoping that people would like it after they see what it is.
    • Up x 1
  11. AzuratteV

Is the original poster complaining about the invincibility for a moment when you respawn? Or the new spawn buildings that are more protective? Either way he sounds like (insult here).
    The respawn mechanic is so people can get loaded in the game and THEN see they're dead. The new spawn bases actually help spawn camping by giving people the belief they can hold out. The points nerf to spawncamping I love, makes sense, and will fight to the end that it was a smart move.

I find this game way more enjoyable all round after this patch, except there's no inertia on planes...
  12. TheScapegoat

What if we could gib the corpses of the fallen; thus preventing future revival. Keep reviving the way it is, but allow the ability to prevent it.

Problem solved.
  13. NoXousX

Catering to bads
    • Up x 2
  14. JohnnyMaverik

Well if the medic is behind cover... I'm guessing the corpse is too? In the very, very rare case a medic is rezzing somebody out of cover while in cover, and you absolutely cannot get to that medic before he finished rezzing, wait until the dude being rezzed moves, then kill them, if they see you before they move, stop being bad at positioning... also you were probably close enough to that medic to kill him, so also try harder.
  15. MaxDamage

Spawn protection is good.
  16. phreec

Such a stupid feature. I'd be okay with it if it didn't affect revives...
    • Up x 3
  17. Hoki

Yup, Nancy Pelosi style.
  18. Ssential

Protection after revive is terrible game design.
    Reviving someone in the midst of a battle should be a risk vs. reward trade-off. It shouldn't be an instant win...
    • Up x 4
  19. SneakyTouchy

They revive from cover, making those revived on the front lines unreasonably difficult to deal with.
    • Up x 2
  20. Hoki

It isn't rare at all, and now you see the dilemma. Someone put themselves in a compromised position and died, and in order to ensure that your position remains uncompromised, you have to compromise your own position to ensure that nobody can revive this guy, because if they do, grenades.