Warpgates (especially on Indar)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rastabillyskank, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Stordito

lol well...one thing is saying territory captured depends on position, fine.
    Another is saying that VS players have overall better effectiveness because the warpgate is in a different position.
    Scythe is a beast against any reaver, the spidermag has a huge advantage on most terrains, VS LA is really deadly etc etc.
    those complaints cannot be linked to warpgate position, sorry.
  2. crissHill

Why is it superior? the South West is most defensible
    • Up x 1
  3. TheScapegoat

Maybe on Woodman, but on Connery with 33%/33% NC/TR we've kept the West Red, cleared up to Camp Connery many time. Southern pushes have gated the VS a couple times. SW Indar is a great spot

ARC Bioengineering, easily the hardest hex to swap on the map.
  4. Lucidius134

Taking turns being in the unbalanced situation isn't the fix.

It'de be like, if a class of kids picked 1 kid to bully as a collective and changed every 2 months. It's okay though, they get to bully some one else after that month is up so they'll feel better now!!
  5. Playful Pony

Yeah, no. I mostly play TR and NC, and to have the NC warpgate finally move out of that damn hole is a blessing. I'm not talking about you specifically when saying this, but it is a bit satisfying to see all the people that have told NC players time and again they just need to "L2P" and that the warpgates are fine are now complaining on the forum like the hypocrites they are.

I also play VS, but as I played them almost exclusively during the BETA I wanted a change on release so it's only BR 14.
  6. phungus420

The northern position is the farthest away from the other two. This has an effect of causing the southern positioned empires to fight each other while the northern position empire can expand with impugnity. The Northern warpgate pretty much gauruntees more resources and more territory.

The Southwest position may be the toughest to warpgate, but the northern position is advantageous to actually conquer the continent.
  7. Faark

I really miss the green look, through the canyons are perfect for escaping with my scyte. Don't have a big problem with playing a different gate, but it feels kind of bad.

I would really like to have a more dynamic approach, that allows changing warp games by achiving something (maybe takeing over a contitnent?). So...
    - you can actually fight for your favorite gate
    - (more important) it fits into the game world and is not some uncool "administration decided we rotate"!
    • Up x 1
  8. crissHill

The continent lock is the "ultimate goal" in this game, and keeping that lock. For that goal the south-west position is the best.

Northern area is not defensible at all.
  9. TheScapegoat

Not entirely true, on Connery 1/31 the NC almost took Indar after 60 days of TR occupation. NC and VS in typical traitor-like fashion forged a truce and pushed north. After epic holds at the Crown, Allatum, Saurva the battle looked lost. However the end of the supply line for VS and NC was NS Salvage, a hex that quickly grew to 400+ TR masses of infantry/vehicles.

After two hours, we broke the back of the zealots and sent them scurrying back to the holes they climbed out of.
  10. phungus420

Yeah, that was epic. I was sitting in the warp gate with my mosquito taking out enemy armor at range with the needler for over an hour at one point.
  11. Clonecenter-resident

And you're proud of that? That's like stealing candy from a baby, or beating up little old ladies for their dentures...
  12. phungus420

Well, I don't have a problem with it, being that I've been on both sides of a warpgating. Warpgating isn't about playing fair, it's about breaking out or tightening the noose.

Also being that they were out of range of rocket pods and I was using the needler to pick off armor at range, I wouldn't really call it easy mode.
  13. TheScapegoat

The problem was the NC/VS lost momentum, instead of charging they resorted to establishing fire lines; got bogged down and ultimately evicted. If phungus420 contributed with kills, then in the spirit of the game and heeding calls for reinforcement I salute him.
  14. Hazzaslagga

As a TR player I support the rotation.
  15. Clonecenter-resident

They could not shoot back at you with any weapon in the game. You had literally 0% risk of even taking damage, much less dying. There is no easier mode. What you did was not fighting, it was an hours worth of target practice, sure maybe you improved your aim a bit, but you shouldn't have gotten xp for it and it dam sure shouldn't have affected the fight.
  16. Rhapsody

We all kinda figured you were VS :D

The NC had to deal with the grand-canyon since launch day. Now someone else gets to understand first-hand why we HATED that warpgate location. When i started in the Beta when PS1 vets were allowed into the beta, the NC were at were we are now (the top of Indar), then we got rotated to were the VS were (the lower west side), then at launch, stuck in the canyon area in the lower right. Now were back up in the north again and im perfectly happy up here.

Its someone elses turn to get stuck in canyons. I hated being killed my missle-firering Infantry that were outside of VIEW range.

Getting shot and blown up by someone you cant see to shoot back at is rather anoying.

And besides... your Magriders can simply drive up the sheer cliffs.... so its not like your stuck in them like we were :p
  17. Krayus_Korianis

I saw NOWHERE that they stated they'd swap Warpgates continuously.
    From the patch notes:

Warpgate ownership on all three continents were rotated.

That was it.
  18. Stordito

they rotate it so we get also to play different tactics.
    Most of the times we attack bases from the same side, unlike PS1 where you actually had a lot of variation.
    the gate rotation is a manual variation that will be automatic once they allow continental lock and/or sanctuaries
  19. Krayus_Korianis

Didn't read this anywhere, got a link to prove it?
  20. wabajack

guys just play the game all these forums are is QQ this QQ that.