Outfit leader's 2/2/2013 Patch Review

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blackweb, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Blackweb

I lead a 1000+ member outfit and I got a lot of feedback from my outfit members last night about the new patch. We have about 600+ active members and about 40-60 online during prime time. Here is a summary of their feedback.

The Good
    • New Camos - overwhelmingly positive, especially Amerish Scrub, Indar Scrub and Esamir Snow.
    • Camo textures on rocket launchers - everyone loved this new feature.
    • General interface improvements - everyone likes the new squad colors, the custom empire colors and other interface improvements.
    • SMG - everyone likes the new SMG.
    • Spawn room and other base and facility changes - everyone loved these changes.
    • Game balance changes including vehicles - everyone liked the buffed up Vangaurd.
    • Audio - everyone likes the new music. In game audio channels seemed sketchy at times. Lower volume than normal, hard to hear in game voice chat.
    The Bad
    • Graphics optimizations - mixed reviews. Those with low end systems loved it but everyone with high end systems including myself hated it. Stuttering, hitching, lagging, inconsistent frame rates. Washed-out looking, low-contrast graphics and poor rendering quality. The contrast and render quality issues can be fixed with settings but the default settings are waay off.
    • Disconnects - no one likes this.

The Ugly

• Outfit interface - better but still needs a LOT of work. I still cant tell when was the last time someone was online and I cant add new outfit ranks.

Conclusion

Everyone liked the gameplay changes, new camos, buffed interface, buffed spawn rooms, SMGs etc. Most were frustrated with the graphical and audio bugs. Disconnects are a game breaker.

My final outfit leader's rating on the 2/2/2013 patch

7/10

Moving in the right direction but needs work.
  2. phungus420

As someone who only played the patch as a lone wolf I must agree, though from TR's perspective the prowler buffs seem a bit excessive. The "optimizations" seem to only have made the game perform worse on my high end system, which is annoying. They shouldn't focus on low end systems at the expense of people who have put time and money on their gaming rigs.

Also to add:

Loss of lock on tone and autohit lock ons ignoring flares and hitting anyway is game breaking. Now not only am I getting killed by an invisible enemy that has god mode against me, but on top of that I now get no warning and my only viable escape (flaring) doesn't work half the time so I just seem to randomly die for no explicable reason.

Also the loss of the warp gate spawn has been just as game breaking as the constant disconnects.
    • Up x 1
  3. GImofoJoe

5. Graphics optimizations - mixed reviews. Those with low end systems loved it but everyone with high end systems including myself hated it. Stuttering, hitching, lagging, inconsistent frame rates. Washed-out looking, low-contrast graphics and poor rendering quality. The contrast and render quality issues can be fixed with settings but the default settings are waay off.

Most of us have this issue, whether it's high end or low.
    • Up x 1
  4. Blackweb

The strange thing is that subsequent hotfixes seemed to make things worse, not better.
  5. Cevera

Here are some things to add to your list:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/nearly-all-vehicles-are-broken.88335/
  6. Blackweb

7. Draknar

I am very pleased with the changes. Especially the buff to the G2A rockets to actually make them useful and worthwhile. Even as a Pilot I actually can find safety now by flying into Ally territory.

After deleting the UserOptions.ini file and re-patching all my graphical issues were fixed, so overall I am extremely pleased with this patch. I'm certain there will be Hotfixs in the near future, but overall great job Dev Team!!
  8. sirinon

This was the one update I was really hanging out for, we have almost 500 members in the outfit I belong to of which I am certain only 350 are active.

though it might sound bad to kick them I'd rather maintain an active Playerbase
  9. Cevera

Dont know if it happens with G2G launchers, too.
    But seems to be buggy while using G2A and A2A rockets.
  10. GImofoJoe

I didn't have tank and turrets firing blanks after the patch, but the hotfix screwed up.
  11. Blackweb

I don't use turrets much.
  12. furballhero

As TR when using the Prowler, Mosie or Lightning bullets dont fire half the time. My ammo count goes down, the gun goes BOOM, but nothign comes out of the barrel. I'm shootin blanks doc!