list of several bugs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by srolf, Feb 3, 2013.

1. srolf

Bugs introduced with the new patch:
    + Kill messages not showing in chat ("You killed xyz.").
    + Zoom crosshair not showing/working after being revived by a medic; weapon gets zoomed closer instead (happens at least with night vision 1x crosshair for the new SMG).
    + Switching between ammo pack and mana turret as engineer seems broken. The turret only shows up after trying several times to switch.
    + Turrets (Anti-Air, ...) do not work. They aren't doing any damage and projectiles only show up occasionally.
    + Tank guns do not work. Not every shot does damage and sometimes the projectile is missing.
    + Horrible lagging/stuttering at places with lots of action (yes, even after the hotfix).
    + Some jump pads do not work.

Old bugs still in game:
    + Declined outfit invites still show up again after relog.
    + Can not invite a friend to squad, message "Xyz has declined your squad invite" is shown. We have checked the AutoRefuse variables in the ini file, they are all set to 0. He can invite me though and we both can invite others without a problem.
    + After closing Planetside 2, error message "Planetside 2 has stopped working" is shown by windows.
    + Sitting in a tank while getting attacked by rocket pods drops the framerate horribly.
    + Spawning loading screen appearing 3 times sometimes.
    + Region chat not working sometimes.
    • Up x 14
  2. Tsavo13

Can confirm that NONE of my tank main guns work, with the exception of shooting at spawn building in WG. Both Prowler main gun, and lightening gun are inop the rest of the time, displaying only a muzzle flash when fired. No projectiles are rendered, and no impact explosions are drawing. Furthermore, its not just a case of projectiles drawing. Testing on a friendly turret, hitting with main gun resulted in no grief warnings, whereas switching to the Halberd does yield grief, proving that the secondary gun is working.
  3. crunchy_karma

Confirming the same bugs.
  4. Talon427

Thank you for being one of the few who have actually posted a list of problems and not just a huge pile of angry and rage. Yes the patch made the game unplayable for a lot of people but it makes me wonder with a game that is as complex as this just how easy it is to break it compared to doing anything. I don't agree with the manor of which this patch was released but if there has to be an equal amount of effort going into posting the problem along with the system specs to help them even more with any client side problems, server side and networking errors are another problem all together.

I've been having the same issues on both of the systems I run. the first one is

Amd 8150 @4.6ghz
    8gb ddr3 1866
    1TB hd
    asus 990fx sabertooth
    660ti 2GB evga + 460gtx for physx when enabled driver 310.90
    windows 7 pro sp1

the second is my laptop
    Asus g75vw
    intel i-7 Q3630m
    12GB ddr3 1600
    Nvidia 660m 2gb driver 310.90
    windows 7 pro sp1

all of the problems exist on both systems. considering this is the second patch they have released and the first that is a total bomb shell.It is awesome to see some of the changes that were made and the clearer markings on the mini and the Continent map is a big plus.It was running so bad for me thought that after an hour I had to log off. Seeing how quickly they have responded with the server hot fix at least is showing me that they are working on the issue. Please SOE use your power of awesome to get this back up and running .
  5. KI-Natas

I can confirm these bugs too..

My Scythe also sometimes show no projectiles and impacts on enemy, this happens with A2A rockets too.
    Otherwise i got hit by an A2A Rocket without LOCK signal.

Some other bugs:
    + Cannot switch from underbarreled Grenadlauncher to rifle by hitting 1
    + Grenadelauncher only refills randomly on Ammobox
    + Sometimes i cannot zoom inside vehicle, i need to re-enter vehicle to fix it.

Something must be really broken.
  6. GerKen

+ Mines (AT-Mines, Claymores ...) don't work
    + Personal Shield is down after spanwing
    • Up x 1
  7. Silver Pepper

Mosquito rotary not working.
    Sometimes G2A launcher hits not giving exp.
    Personal shield down after spawning - shows up again if I get shot.
    • Up x 1
  8. Stordito

lock on message not appearing for ESFS
    rotary not working properly
    • Up x 1
  9. Aerensiniac

Let me proceed and add more to the list:
    • Magrider strafing + reverse/forward (w or s + a or d) essentially breaks down the magrider
    • Prowlers cant aim
    • Vehicles still freeze up randomly and cannot be entered
    • Vehicles still desynch and vanish upon exiting
    • Pressing M (map) repeatedly will freeze up and/or desynch vehicles
    • Setting a vehicle to Squad/platoon then back to open and/or repeating the same process, freezes the vehicle out
    • Skybox is still around
    • Underbarell grenade launchers fail to reload from engineer ammunition boxes from time to time
    • Underbarell attachments do shooting animation on all clients except the user's if fired while empty (albeit do no dmg)
    • Disconnect as well as exiting the game crashes the game (Steam users)
    • Thrown grenades do not explode if thrown during or after death animation, and fail to do dmg should the user die by the explosion's time
    • Mines are still used as bombs and mine armor on vehicles shield only against damage coming directly from below. Dmg coming from any other direction (such as top of the sunderer) are usually doing full dmg even with the armor on.
    • Medics cannot resurrect players that die inside a vehicle (still alive bug - shooting the already dead players kills them again and then you can resurrect)
    • Medics can steal resurrects. If a medic resurrects a player but a different medic hits it with his healing gun after, the XP for resing is not awarded to the original resurrecter
    • XP is not awarded at times for unknown reasons (missing xp bug)
    • Pain fields are out of control at several bases, leaking outside of spawn room
    • Decrease of FPS up to 50% for a lot of players
    • Sights are not aiming where the weapon shoots (unknown what triggers this, but the weapon is raised and the sight is above the actual aim. Confirmed to happen with medic stock weapon and the holgraphic 2x reflex sight. Donno about other classes and weapons.)
    • Severe latency issues with players not taking damage from shots, grenades vanishing in mid air, receiving XP before target's death animation starts
    • Suppressor confirmed to be missing at times after medic resurrection
    • AA Walker is supposed to receive +5 bullets on the first magazine size upgrade. The cert however is bugged and adds only 1 bullet. (Another example at the nonexisting QC team since this was originally +10 bullets, but you changed it during a hotfix to 5, yet couldnt be bothered to look whether or not it actually changed anything. Conclusively, the magazine size is STILL bugged.
    My share.
    One has to ask him/herself whether SOE has any QC team at all, also:
    SOE should finally understand that having a test server for patches is not an option but a necessity.
    • Up x 7
  10. Jac70

I think this one is intentional. Some jump pads are faction specific now. If the TR holds the base then the jump pads will be red and enemies can't use them.
    • Up x 2
  11. Zombiekrabbe

[IMG]

So. Do I have to say more? Fully certed acquisition timer and 12 minutes until I get my mossie? Add that to the list too.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  12. Shadestrike

New bug: Jumpjets don't consistantly reduce fall damage. I've been dying to 4ft falls all day.
    • Up x 1
  13. mdems

I second the rotary not working on my mossie...
  14. Silver Pepper

Also had with 3.4x holo sight on the Trac-5.
  15. srolf

Base and surrounding spawns all belogned to us, so it should have worked.
  16. Farago

Can confirm - Lighting Sky Guard does not damage anything, Ammo is used up but nothing is sent down range. Went toe to toe with a Reaver this morning, he was hovering right in front of me at point blank range and no damage was done while I got chewed up and spit out.
    Also - when in the 2 seat of a lib at times the landing gear does not retract and blocks vision.
  17. werzinator

I haven't had any of the problems with armored vehicles listed here, but I will confirm that the lock-on indicator for ESFs are messed up. I hear a lock, then it disappears (so I assume I managed to lose the missile), then I get hit.

Rotary works fine for my mosquito though, not sure how some of you guys are having issues. Probably a mix of client side and server side lag?
  18. crunchy_karma

Didn't they entered the servers for.. i don't know.. 10 mins testing? I believe they didn't. Because all this bugs are so easy to notice! Strange, strange, strange.
  19. KageRyuuUjiMakai

Add to that that some of the elevator beams are colored wrong or bi directional preventing both upward and and downward movement without jumping up or down past the bottom and top sections.

It would appear they ****** up a **** ton of code.
  20. rocketchicken

This is a timer bug that doesn't display the correct time because you are dead. You don't actually have to wait 12:04 like in your picture. Once you resurrect and either open up your vehicle page or go to a vehicle console, the correct timer is displayed.