So the new tunnels were supposed to work against spawncamping

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vibe, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Vibe

Yet when you reach the end of the tunnel you have an upwards jumpad that is easily campable by the attacking force... so basically you guys just switched from vehicle spawncamping to infantry spawncamping.

How freaking hard is it to make an exit out of the spawn room where the spawners actually have a chance to shoot through the shields before they exit the protected area? You know kind of like it is now with the other bases (except those are vehicle camped). Why didn't you simply make a normal stair exit where the spawning faction could clear the room before they exit the protected area?

Putting an upwards jumpad to exit the protected area is a suicide for the spawning faction. You have no chance to clear the room because you're instantly exposed as soon as you use that jumppad.

Srsly.
    • Up x 21
  2. Fiatsu

1 ebil for another, they seem to have a bias for infantry.
    I think they regret adding air into the game, the nerfing into oblivion kinda shows this.
  3. Ryko Nailo

Eh it's only version 1 and most tunnels I've seen have some 4 exits atleast.Is it silly to not just make a small room that your put in with a barrier shield on it? Yes but its miles better then what we had.

Personally, I'm hoping we get a real underground base like PS1 style bases, maybe slap some modules, power generator, and command terminals down there or even move the SCU down there too.
    • Up x 10
  4. Nature

Is it just me or are people too stupid to actually use the special grenades? If you are too stubborn to stop bashing your head against a wall, use a helmet. Thinking is not hard, you should try it.
    • Up x 5
  5. Vibe

How are grenades going to hurt anyone if the enemy keeps a safe distance from the jumppad hole while still having a clear sight to shoot anyone that comes through it. I suggest you get some insight on how this works now there.
  6. IWarriors

I pointed this out a long time ago when they started to talk about tunnels.

Look, idoits, if it there is a exit, it can be pinned down by enemy forces and "thus spawned camped" so stop crying about it and deal with it because there is nothing that can be done about it, nothing.
  7. waiora

already said this, adding tunnels will solve nothing, the game design is flawed and SoE is to proud or to stupid to take a hint
    • Up x 4
  8. Vibe

Actually, if they made an exit where the spawning team could shoot through the shield, it would give a chance for the defenders to actually clear the room. Saying nothing can be done is being very narrow minded.
    • Up x 4
  9. Cinnamon

The game design demands spawn camping. Due to how easy and cheap it is to respawn it would be impossible for one side to "win" a battle otherwise. Everything is just a rowdy argument about who gets to do the camping, how many people it should take to fully lock down a spawn and how easy it should be for defenders to risk free farm kills from inside spawn rooms.
    • Up x 9
  10. Nature

Toss out concussion nades/flashes and/or EMPs and rush the place. I suggest you try it sometimes. If the people waiting for you outnumber you heavily, you are not even supposed to be able to get out from there.
    • Up x 1
  11. Nature

Then they camp the room doors, see where this would go? Soon enough people would be suggesting pain shields around entire bases.
    • Up x 1
  12. Johnnyseven

If you're getting spawn camped, use intelligence, call GG and move to another base. Alternatively, disregard intelligence, continue getting spawn camped.

Focus on preventing the enemy from getting up close enough to spawn camp you in the first place, take the fight to the attackers. Far too many people seem to think sitting in/around the spawn room/building shooting out is a valid defense. IT ISNT.
    • Up x 8
  13. Meh.

I think a good way around this is, if they made it like huge stairs than the pop out and 50 people waiting to shoot you.
    Some wide stairs where you can shoot around before going up, won't be perfect but it's better than pop up to 50 people waiting to gun you down.
    Well at lest it's an idea ;].
  14. IWarriors

Are you freaking kidding me? Last time I checked, the spawn room did have shields that you can shoot through, spawn buildings anyway.

They added BS shields to the top of the Air Towers in the game now so you can camp inside where you can safety pack a few AA Maxes and **** any Air targets, infantry wise, there are big walls on the edges for infantry to escape from.

They can't do anything to stop spawning camping, because if you build a castle, am going to build a wall around it, you can build that castle anyway you like, am still going to build a wall around that castle to spawn camp you.

This is old medieval history, it's not hard to understand.
    • Up x 2
  15. Vibe

So you're saying that breaking out of the spawn room should not be a possibility? I'm not only talking about shooting out from behind the shields. I'm talking about clearing the room, then breaking out, which should be possible if the tunnel exit was a stairway and not a silly jumppad. It's a small change that could actually give defenders from the tunnels a chance.

Problems with reading comprehension? My OP was talking about the new tunnel exits.
  16. ChaosRender

The jump pads are fine, having more protected rooms is bad. There really is not a much better choice and no the defenders should not get to clear a room from behind a protective shield. If they camp one pad go to another, if they camp all the pads and the room......then your out numbered and deserve to loose.
  17. QuantumMechanic

Honestly I read your post a few times, and I still don't understand what you are trying to say.

Point #1 the new tunnels have nothing to do with spawn camping. They were introduced to add defensibility to bases that are too big to defend.

Point #2 this is the part I don't understand. You are complaining about the new spawn rooms? Specifically the ones in bio labs (maybe, I can't tell)? If not, then you are crazy. The new spawn rooms are 20x better for defenders.
  18. Peebuddy

I've said this many times, making more exits wont do jack against spawn camping. If you've been pushed back by a superior force they're going to have enough people to lock down every exit.

If you want to stop spawn camping have it so the SCU takes out the shields to the spawn room as well as cutting spawns. People just sit in there anyways throwing grenades for 10-15 minutes until the base turns.
    • Up x 2
  19. Vibe

I'm talking specifically about the new tunnel exits that are jumppads, which are completely useless if the attackers have breached inside already.
  20. IWarriors

Personally, I always felt the only way to remove spawn camping is to remove spawn rooms.

Allow players to "drop pod" in all over a base, through, I still see problems with that myself.